Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2702 2703 [2704] 2705 2706 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111093 times)

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40545 on: March 27, 2015, 06:37:47 pm »

I have begun hooking up the future bedrooms with a flood gate that will will allow magma into a single room with each lever. Need to work on draining it though...
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40546 on: March 27, 2015, 07:39:30 pm »

I made a mistake by building traps around the gate. As a result, no wagons this year...
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40547 on: March 27, 2015, 08:11:12 pm »

I made a mistake by building traps around the gate. As a result, no wagons this year...

I've learned that little caveat the hard way as well back when wagons were first brought back in.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40548 on: March 28, 2015, 12:28:46 am »

I retired again and reclaimed the old fort...
One of the reason was the lag. The pre-generated fort was much much larger than any of my own forts...the fps reading seemed OK, but there were pauses now and then, quite unnerving to play.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40549 on: March 28, 2015, 07:48:31 am »

Is there any way to collect fruit yet? My fort is starving to death and I just noticed that the entrance to the fort is covered in Finger Limes and Rambutans.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40550 on: March 28, 2015, 08:05:19 am »

Take an herbalsit dorf. If the fruits are ripe they can be harvested, if not then not.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40551 on: March 28, 2015, 08:17:31 am »

Stepladders also help.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40552 on: March 28, 2015, 08:29:07 am »

This is the submerged basement of Anvilfaints. The word was written using stockpiles.

http://imgur.com/ynaMhdK

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40553 on: March 28, 2015, 08:51:20 am »

fruit harvesting = "i", zones, gather lants
One wheel short of a wagon

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40554 on: March 28, 2015, 09:05:51 am »

They are all over the ground
How do you tell if they are ripe
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40555 on: March 28, 2015, 09:16:21 am »

sign lookin bit like this: % but with dots not cirlces = definitely ripe. Leaf signs (Bit like spade card sign) are generally fairy ripe. Designate a plant-gathering zone over them, and all the ripe ones willl be picked
One wheel short of a wagon

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40556 on: March 28, 2015, 11:24:09 am »

Two babies means a greater sense of permanence to Torish this winter. A kobold also runs afoul of Commander Olin, who gains the title... The Naughty Mesh of Tools... Uh.... Hrmm. Not really a fitting name for the only one in the military with any real kills besides water buffalos.

Furnishing the apartments is nearly done, and the catacombs are partly finished, and a fancy earring is produced by a fey mood where it is quickly stuffed in the vault to never see the light of day again, and some fresh ore has been smelted, mainly to produce extra mail for the troops. Boredom grips the militia, which now has some of the citizens manning siege crossbows, if only to give them something constructive to do.

Torish is bored but stands mighty still.

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40557 on: March 28, 2015, 06:31:08 pm »

50 z-levels of magma pump stack are done. The stack isn't even complete, but I stopped below the caverns to put in a magma cistern and reroute for pump stack to the surface. Now I have to power the thing. With zombies and evil rain outside, I decided to tap my brook from below to make an aquaduct and waterwheel that. I'm going to need a lot of waterwheels....

Meanwhile I'm breeding anything I can capture or buy from caravans. I've got GCS spider hatchlings now, and I can't wait until I have a big set of them. I wish I could get some Cave Dragons or Jabberers though....

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40558 on: March 28, 2015, 07:03:54 pm »

50 z-levels of magma pump stack are done. The stack isn't even complete, but I stopped below the caverns to put in a magma cistern and reroute for pump stack to the surface. Now I have to power the thing. With zombies and evil rain outside, I decided to tap my brook from below to make an aquaduct and waterwheel that. I'm going to need a lot of waterwheels....

I'm attempting the same thing with a pump stack right now too. I don't know what you are going to use magma for, but I'm using it to hook every bedroom up to it. Each room will have its own flood gate to let the magma in and burn the dwarf inside.

The second cavern has over 250  undead in it and it is climbing quickly. My solution: get the FB in the first cavern down to the second cavern so it can pulp each one of the monsters down there. I do not know how it occurred though.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40559 on: March 28, 2015, 07:20:36 pm »

I was going to use the magma for forges, but it was faster just to have dwarves haul it up with minecarts for the few magma forges I needed.

This magma... this magma is going to turn all the goblin ambushes and undead sieges outside my fort into rapidly dissolving puddles.
Pages: 1 ... 2702 2703 [2704] 2705 2706 ... 3842