Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2645 2646 [2647] 2648 2649 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104799 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39690 on: February 13, 2015, 05:31:37 pm »

Testing my critters.  Turns out Goblins made pets out of the new [crazed] critters I added.  :|
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #39691 on: February 13, 2015, 05:41:30 pm »

TOO MANY CRUNDLES

HELP

STATIONING THE MILITARY IN THE ANIMAL ROOM IN CASE THEY GO WILD

Methadone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39692 on: February 13, 2015, 06:02:42 pm »

The mountainhome liaison is an Elf. That is all.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39693 on: February 13, 2015, 06:10:53 pm »

OK, I've slaughtered all the scruddles except for 1 male and 9 females. I will also be collecting their eggs.

EDIT: The Eyrie is coming along well, although is is covered in vomit. I brewed my first 6 units of mead. My entire military is equipped with masterwork silver/steel weapons, but armor will have to come later, when I have more than a few bars of steel.

Also, what the hell am I supposed to do with over a thousand lead bars?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:04:55 pm by TheFlame52 »

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39694 on: February 13, 2015, 07:12:02 pm »

Poison elves with it.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39695 on: February 13, 2015, 07:17:36 pm »

Well for some reason the human caravan always bring lead cages. I guess their town was near a huge galena mine.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39696 on: February 13, 2015, 07:31:03 pm »

Poison elves with it.
I wish, but I don't get elves here.

Well for some reason the human caravan always bring lead cages. I guess their town was near a huge galena mine.
I could make cages out of it, yes, but then my mechanics would take weeks to haul thousand-pound cages up a hundred z-levels and two hundred blocks to load my cage traps. I think I'll stick to glass cages.

On an unrelated note, the entire Eyrie is painted in vomit. How dwarven.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39697 on: February 13, 2015, 07:34:41 pm »

I didn't notice my duchess made another damand, a brass cabinet, until I open the noble menu to replace my dead manager.
To be honest, this noble is one of the best I've had. At least she didn't want a rose gold bed or something like that.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39698 on: February 13, 2015, 07:49:04 pm »

Kid got a strange mood, he's gonna be a woodcarver. He'd better make something good, because woodcarvers are fucking useless here.

EDIT: On the bright side, it will fulfill his dream of creating a great work of art.

To be honest, this noble is one of the best I've had. At least she didn't want a rose gold bed or something like that.
My mayor still wants that rose gold bed. I would kill him if his wife wasn't the most stressed dwarf in the fort. Also, he's still in negative stress, so I guess it's okay.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:53:11 pm by TheFlame52 »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #39699 on: February 13, 2015, 07:59:05 pm »

Make lead barrels for your dwarves to drink out of. Classic. They did it in Ancient Rome to make the wine, sweeter, don't ya know.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39700 on: February 13, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

I guess. Also, the kid made a highwood crown.

EDIT:

MA'AM THAT IS THREE TOO MANY BABIES YOU BETTER SUCK THOSE BEARDLETS RIGHT BACK UP YOUR VAGINA

Also, her name.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:22:54 pm by TheFlame52 »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39701 on: February 13, 2015, 08:25:12 pm »

Make lead barrels for your dwarves to drink out of. Classic. They did it in Ancient Rome to make the wine, sweeter, don't ya know.
Alternatively make a ton of lead bins to give your haulers some exercise. I don't think hauling actually does increase strength, but hey it's the thought that counts.

On a related note, I found out my miner in my fledgeling fort is far, far too weak to mine well, so I've temporarily assigned my HULKING PILE OF MUSCLE woodcutter as a miner to get the first few rooms done in a reasonable time. Even unskilled she can match pace with the competent and very weak miner.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39702 on: February 13, 2015, 08:32:16 pm »

I guess. Also, the kid made a highwood crown.

EDIT:

MA'AM THAT IS THREE TOO MANY BABIES YOU BETTER SUCK THOSE BEARDLETS RIGHT BACK UP YOUR VAGINA

Also, her name.

Well my fort is still baby-free. It seems none of the dorfs within marriage age is straight, sigh.
Now I understand why a species can go extinct if there are only a few of them left.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #39703 on: February 13, 2015, 08:54:22 pm »

On a related note, I found out my miner in my fledgeling fort is far, far too weak to mine well, so I've temporarily assigned my HULKING PILE OF MUSCLE woodcutter as a miner to get the first few rooms done in a reasonable time. Even unskilled she can match pace with the competent and very weak miner.
holy shit. The strength of the miner actually effects the speed of their mining? Wow. I never knew that. I had a tendency to occasionally make the weakest dwarves of the starting seven be miners because of sadistic schadenfruede because I found it funny.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39704 on: February 13, 2015, 08:58:11 pm »

Fortunately all my dorfs are ex-military now. Everyone is strong and tough.

Edit*

I don't know, one of my miner was very weak, but he reached legendary+5 and were doing quite good, until he died in an accident.

I dropped 4 entire layers to create an underground tree farm. The big cave-in dragged FPS down to 3. Fortunately it was not permanent.

I found some empty wooden barrel had a basic value of 2700. It is really good to have some legendary bone carvers, and they are quite easy to train.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 03:44:21 am by utunnels »

Pages: 1 ... 2645 2646 [2647] 2648 2649 ... 3842