Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2611 2612 [2613] 2614 2615 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102541 times)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39180 on: January 17, 2015, 07:11:35 pm »

Seems like it's time to cook up the documentation, because my minecartputer is now officially functional. It has, in one unbroken no-errors process, sorted three data by size. The program consists entirely of comparisons, reads, writes, and a few jumps. The major point is that my ROM bank has passed the test: the active program memory consists of a whopping eight six-bit words. Now you can't do much programming with eight instructions (the sorting program takes up 22 commands), so...
just read further program modules from a larger "memory store". It's adressable, compact, and takes fewer mechanisms to run than it holds bits because the information is not held by active/inactive signals, but rather by "stored" minecarts which are decoded and the resultant signals sent to the active program storage by a single array shared by the sixteen modules.

The sorting program consists of three modules and is in fact accessed from a "boot module" which shall in future allow choosing between several programs.

Spoiler: Program (click to show/hide)

Data were not entered into the registers directly, but loaded from a single-use one-direction tape. Data provided:
1 011 101 001 (745)
0 011 011 100 (220)
0 010 111 000 (184)
so the program had to completely turn the order around. Which it did.

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39181 on: January 17, 2015, 07:14:00 pm »

I still have no idea what you're talking about.  ???

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39182 on: January 17, 2015, 07:17:31 pm »

I have had a dog (female dog) who was completely assexual. She never was interested in male dogs, nor went through any heat.
Actually, she was more a transsexual than assexual, as she was as large (and strong) as a male, and used to piss like males, too.

Urist Tilaturist, you are wrong.
Homosexuality is quite frequent, actually, it is frequently reported that in zoo, some male animals are completely uninterested by their female counterpart, while being very interested in males.Even wikipedia talks about it (with a lot of references) and gives a list of (potential) reported "homosexual" animal (some of then are 100% homosexual, most are bisexual, I think) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:33:20 pm by Inarius »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39183 on: January 17, 2015, 11:36:04 pm »

Oh no, my game crashed.
Long time no save.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39184 on: January 18, 2015, 12:38:01 am »

Started a new fort.
A dog fought a rhino and forced it to retreat.

Yeah, herbivore after all.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #39185 on: January 18, 2015, 03:47:30 am »

Goblins attacked. I was unprepared, so I walled off the exit, started to train, make armor, etc..

The goblins have been amusing themselves killing stuff; rhinos, an ettin...

Then apparently they killed a werelizard, and one of the goblins was infected. He transformed into a werelizard, but he didn't attack any of the other goblins. ... That seems like it might be a bug, but I'm not really sure.
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39186 on: January 18, 2015, 05:09:03 am »

I had some real fun with my last few fortresses. EVERY! first year at the beginning of November a Werebeast appears, EVERY frickin' time. Always in the FIRST year. It's becoming boring ... =)
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Burts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39187 on: January 18, 2015, 06:03:26 am »

Welp. Just entered the 5th year here on Violetgold. Just recently got a baron, and had a squad of 20 almost legendary lords of various types spear masters, axe lords , swordmasters, hammerlords etc etc. Thought i was invincible.

Forgotten beast came. Beware its deadly dust! My millitary killed it easily... But then shortly later all of them dropped dead from the deadly dust.

Well, there goes 4 years of nonstop training of my dwarves. No tantrums yet, only 1 dwarf is stressed. Although i think it will take some time for that stress to really kick in...

Im very lucky i arrived in a place where goblins are very far away... Though checked legends viewer, over the past 4 years the goblins have been expanding quite rapidly....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:05:42 am by Burts »

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39188 on: January 18, 2015, 07:36:32 am »

Forgotten beast came. Beware its deadly dust! My millitary killed it easily... But then shortly later all of them dropped dead from the deadly dust.
Others have seen deadly dust as immensely !!FUN!! themselves.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:00:00 am by Detros »
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39189 on: January 18, 2015, 08:41:41 am »

Ushrir Cogkalan, manager cancels Dump Item: Interrupted by Tiger.
Edem Libashnabar, expedition leader cancels Dump Item: Interrupted by Tiger.

The war Lion scratches The Tiger in the lower body, lightly tapping the target!

The manager punches The Tiger in the left rear leg with his right hand, bruising the muscle!
The Miner strikes The Tiger in the head with his (copper pick) and the injured part is cloven asunder!

The manager Ushrir Cogkalan and the expedition leader Edem Libashnabar have married.  Congratulations!
They have decided to forego any formal celebrations.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #39190 on: January 18, 2015, 09:10:17 am »

Ushrir Cogkalan, manager cancels Dump Item: Interrupted by Tiger.
Edem Libashnabar, expedition leader cancels Dump Item: Interrupted by Tiger.

The war Lion scratches The Tiger in the lower body, lightly tapping the target!

The manager punches The Tiger in the left rear leg with his right hand, bruising the muscle!
The Miner strikes The Tiger in the head with his (copper pick) and the injured part is cloven asunder!

The manager Ushrir Cogkalan and the expedition leader Edem Libashnabar have married.  Congratulations!
They have decided to forego any formal celebrations.

Wait, wait...was your War Lion sparring with the wild Tiger? ARE THEY PALS???

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39191 on: January 18, 2015, 09:14:57 am »

Flirting and preparing to make a War Liger/Tigon maybe?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39192 on: January 18, 2015, 10:22:24 am »

A weregoat attacked my fortress. Four dead, including a (legendary) miner.
One survived its attack; they will be walled in a small area.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39193 on: January 18, 2015, 11:43:23 am »

My well had a problem. Those cavern creatures liked to visit my fort.

At first a Troll swam and climbed into my fort. It dodged into the well and died.

Urdim Rithfesh, Recruit: The battle rages...  I laugh in the face of death!
The militia commander misses The Troll!
The Troll slams into an obstacle!
The Troll's head takes the full force of the impact and the part splits in gore!

Then I lost my two miners to a GCS.

Then a giant bat flew in. A yak cow feaked out and fell into the well.

Then a giant rat climbed in.

Then some troglodytes climbed in and some of them decided to settle in the well. I got bored so I threw some clay boulders and knocked them down.

The {clay} strikes The Troglodyte in the neck and the injured part is crushed!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
The {clay} strikes The Troglodyte in the left upper leg and the injured part explodes into gore!
An artery has been opened by the attack!

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39194 on: January 18, 2015, 12:25:09 pm »

What an amazing well you have there.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.
Pages: 1 ... 2611 2612 [2613] 2614 2615 ... 3842