Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2604 2605 [2606] 2607 2608 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6103936 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39075 on: January 09, 2015, 09:33:13 pm »

"My artwork was defaced. There is no hope!"

Stop whining Shem. Blame yourself for working on a to-be-melted item.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39076 on: January 09, 2015, 10:22:55 pm »

I think my fort's about to live up to it's name "Hammerkisses" as so far, I have reached the first cavern level and the only weapons-grade material I've found so far is native silver. How fucked am I when it comes to bronze colossi?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #39077 on: January 09, 2015, 10:25:15 pm »

Just unretired an old fort of my world. It's been the same as ever, some guys working on beds, cabinets, coffers, babies hanging arround the caves, every single wall engraved, caged Cyclops. Meh, i'm going to get all the kids and get them atom-smashed. This will drop sharply the fort population, so will the sanity of my dwarfs. I will tell the results later...

EDIT: I also going to release the Cyclops. I'M REALLY BORED

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #39078 on: January 09, 2015, 10:49:21 pm »

Released it and...it was pathetic. He killed a hauler and some other people, but got quickly dispatched by a rookie who just happened to be drowsy and went to sleep, but then noticed the beast. Meh, and the children, well it was 36. I will just reclaim it later or maybe send an adventurer to fight the spooky kid ghosts. Meh

Catharsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39079 on: January 09, 2015, 11:28:28 pm »

It's no Planepacked, but first artifact of my current challenge fort:

A flask made of gems, with pictures of gems on it, as well as an image of itself made out of gems.

Yo dawg...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39080 on: January 10, 2015, 01:08:27 am »

Finaly have time to play again

Noticed fort was running low on plants (had plenty of other food but dwarves require full diets) so I sent out about half my fort to harvest half the map
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39081 on: January 10, 2015, 04:11:47 am »

It's no Planepacked, but first artifact of my current challenge fort:

A flask made of gems, with pictures of gems on it, as well as an image of itself made out of gems.

Yo dawg...

That will make a wonderful prize for your adventurer/treasure hunter!

The news from Jewelroads:
A while back, the king and his entourage arrived.  The king and outpost liaison were both goblins, but I'd known that for quite a while.  Anyway, one of my dwarves (I guess he was a soldier or woodcutter, since he had an axe) went berserk and went on a massacre.  He was finally brought down when the Goblin Outpost Liaison bit him in the throat.  I think I will embrace the new jade overlords.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39082 on: January 10, 2015, 05:08:47 am »

What I thought was a caged bat... Wasn't. Urist Helmsteel the swordsdwarf/weaver was gathering silk when the bat attacked him. He ran around in circles avoiding the worst of the attacks, getting little worse than the odd fat-deep bite mark, when it seemed he suddenly remembered he had a sword. He then turns around, stabbed it in the chest, tearing the heart, slashing open its eye, and stabbing its leg. It then died, and Urist went about his business.

We have also succeeded in capturing a giant cave spider entirely by mistake! Finally got a hospital set up as well, though it still needs storage for the supplies, it has a half dozen traction benches, tables, and beds. Hopefully I won't ever need more than that at a given time or this hospital gonna go all Spearbreakers on me.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39083 on: January 10, 2015, 08:20:25 am »

My baroness killed a kobold thief and got horrified seeing it died.
 ::)

127 dorfs, still no goblins.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39084 on: January 10, 2015, 08:32:29 am »

Four spawn attacked, two leave the area randomly after killing some giant emus, one gets shot to literal pieces trying to ford the local river (instead of walking across the river like a sane creature,) and the other gets swamped by 8 dwarves. Not all is well though. Urist Helmsteel, AKA Weaver McBatStabber suffered severe head injuries while axedwarf Urdim Cobaltsplash suffered a potentially fatal bite that broke the skin on contact and had his upper front teeth bashed out by the spawn's good arm before it got chopped off.

The bite's potentially fatal effect?

Spawn Fever.

Other casualties include a marksdwarf and speardwarf who drowned themselves trying to cross the river by using the bridge's outside. Climbing really shouldn't be an option to a unit with a better path available that doesn't involve climbing.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39085 on: January 10, 2015, 09:25:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the main reason why I don't like a reclaim game.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39086 on: January 10, 2015, 12:32:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have this in my fortress Hammerkisses. It's the first autumn, and I have only one person that's ever killed anything before. All I have are silver war-hammers and a few other weapons that I got off of the first caravan. It has no access to my fortress, but I need it dead so that I could explore the caverns.

There's no nearby trees in the caverns, thankfully. But how dangerous is a fire-spitting FB?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39087 on: January 10, 2015, 12:34:43 pm »

There's no nearby trees in the caverns, thankfully. But how dangerous is a fire-spitting FB?

Depends on where "burnt dwarf-flavored bacon" will fall on dangerous if you decide to take it on directly.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #39088 on: January 10, 2015, 12:41:10 pm »

Named a Dwarf Caspar.

Arranged for him to die without burial.

Let's see if he's a friendly ghost.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #39089 on: January 10, 2015, 01:05:14 pm »

Surely you wanted to call him Casper, not Caspar?

If you made that mistake in game, may the gods of your world have mercy on your fort.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 2604 2605 [2606] 2607 2608 ... 3842