Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2600 2601 [2602] 2603 2604 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107122 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39015 on: January 07, 2015, 12:39:19 pm »

Crap. Fisherdwarf almost won boxing match with a cave crocodile. But he bit him in the neck, so I guess he won't be enjoying his position as militia captain for long.

On related news, it took three forgotten beasts and now my population is fallen below 100 again and all the elite militia are wiped out. Hurray, the end is near.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39016 on: January 07, 2015, 04:22:13 pm »

I guess I'm making my last stand. Webspinning beasts seem oddly common in this game. And this one is non-organic. Even the queen joins the militia for this one.

Still, it was worth it. For once in long time I'm losing to natural causes.

Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39017 on: January 07, 2015, 04:32:33 pm »

Harvest comes in and the extra hands make for greatly shortened work, and add plums to the list of edible/brewable treats.

Production of iron armor continues apace, and several extra weapons were produced for the eventual induction to the militia. Hopefully 14 soldiers will be enough to face the first enemy encounters...

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39018 on: January 07, 2015, 04:50:27 pm »

Huh, we had survived. Sure, the've lost all our administrative courpus and around 75% of the population, but some random recruit made a lucky shot.

Funny, if beast did wipe me out, we could've recreate an amusing RPG cliche. Masterwork adamantine sword is stuck in the beast, making it a prize for anyone who defeat it.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39019 on: January 07, 2015, 08:07:55 pm »

I just lost about 20 dogs and also puppies and 3 cats to one dog skin. There goes food variance for a time since a dog and a few puppies escaped the massacre. 
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39020 on: January 07, 2015, 08:42:13 pm »

My fort's first forgotten beast appeared today (about time!). It was some purple snake with noxious breath. The fight was pretty uneventful. My swordsdwarfs chopped it to pieces. Unfortunately the extract causes INSTANT DEATH within a week. Welp, there goes half my military. ::)

Catharsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39021 on: January 07, 2015, 09:02:37 pm »

Plenty of food and booze, just got clothes-making started finally, which might be the most annoying industry ever to manage, the rest of my industry is just selling off all the junk I made outfitting every single dining room, statue garden, dormitory and noble room with masterwork furniture, as well as outfitting 10 swordmasters with full masterwork iron gear. They've all named their swords and shields as well. Fort value is only a little more than 2 million, even with plenty of artifacts. Population at 100, no deaths besides a few pets due to old age. Defeated a giant, ettin, and minotaur without so much as an injury, no goblins yet but they are in the area.

Just hit the caverns after seven years topside. Think this might be a bug...

Speechless tbh, never seen that in all my cavern ventures.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39022 on: January 07, 2015, 09:32:33 pm »

Second Caravan.

Trade happened, and so far so good. The militia's first real mission is probably going to be some emu hunting since we need the leather for quiver mandates.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #39023 on: January 07, 2015, 09:35:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually, it was probably an arachnid

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #39024 on: January 07, 2015, 09:45:29 pm »

Just recieved some old members of my old fort, including some of the starting seven! How i know? Well, one was with the hauler custom profession name, some two extremly experienced miners, two very experienced masons and all of them had dabbling farming. Actually, i think they're all from the starting seven, but strangely, the manager/farmer is missing... Also, they brought a duck which i suspect is from my old farm.

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39025 on: January 07, 2015, 09:49:09 pm »

How long would it take for kobold thieves to go away if they are locked out of my fortress? because one showed up and I slammed the door closed.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39026 on: January 07, 2015, 09:50:47 pm »

How long would it take for kobold thieves to go away if they are locked out of my fortress? because one showed up and I slammed the door closed.

That won't stop them usually. They'll just pick the lock, but once spotted they should run like hell and get out of the area.

The Emu hunt went extraordinarily well! The King even bagged a wombat on the way back!

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #39027 on: January 07, 2015, 09:51:24 pm »

I recently got a few kobold thieves in my fort, but in the moment they saw one dwarf, they ran away.

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39028 on: January 07, 2015, 09:51:43 pm »

That won't stop them usually. They'll just pick the lock, but once spotted they should run like hell and get out of the area.

I should mention that my door is a giant raising bridge. No lock to pick. Hehe

EDIT: Can a dwarf climb back up a channeled tile? Or am I going to condemn a dwarf to drown if I were to channel down and fill 3 z-levels with water? Or should I make stairs down to the final level where the water will end up stored and then destroy the top stair so nobody goes in and the water doesn't flood my fort?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:40:37 pm by Oriolous »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39029 on: January 07, 2015, 11:30:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually, it was probably an arachnid
Oh, you :P

But yeah, I don't think I've seen quite that many webs in one place before.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 2600 2601 [2602] 2603 2604 ... 3842