Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2594 2595 [2596] 2597 2598 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106740 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38925 on: January 04, 2015, 02:22:48 am »

A pair of blind cave ogres came out of the caverns and confronted a cyclops attacking my fort. One picked up a mace, and the other grabbed a flask full of dwarven wine. This fight went rather evenly, until one ogre passed out. Then the cyclops simply kicked him once in the head, killing him. The one with the flask remained. He then threw the wine in the flask. Then the flask. This struck the cyclops in the chest, breaking a rib. The ogre choked out the cyclops. A pair of blind guys, one a drunk, one swinging around a mace, just beat a weird guy with one eye.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38926 on: January 04, 2015, 02:23:48 am »

Baroness has also mandated ballista parts be made and no be allowed to be traded.

She's obviously trying to tell you to prepare ballistae for defence.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38927 on: January 04, 2015, 02:25:14 am »

One of her favorite things is ballista parts
Also does anyone know how to get to a cavern?
I have never opened one before
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38928 on: January 04, 2015, 02:27:47 am »

Dig down, dig around. I find the easiest way to locate caverns is to start from the surface and dig multiple stairwells, not directly adjacent to one another, straight down until one of them hits something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38929 on: January 04, 2015, 02:29:32 am »

Ok.
I think I'm going to make a few new stair wells not connected to my main fort to experiment with this method because my fort has one major stairwell/mine connected to the whole fort and I don't exactly want my first cavern experience to murder my first sincere attempt at a long running fort

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38930 on: January 04, 2015, 06:04:31 am »

A dorf was possessed.  After a while I found him sitting in a workshop and didn't go out to fetch materials. His first demand was cloth.
I got plenty of fiber and silk cloth so he must be asking for yarn cloth. I checked my stockpile and found a stack of 6 stray ram wool. Problem solved.

My map doesn't have any turtles, so if someone asks for shells then I'm in trouble.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38931 on: January 04, 2015, 06:27:57 am »

My map doesn't have any turtles, so if someone asks for shells then I'm in trouble.

Fish for mussels.
()==[:::::::::::::>

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38932 on: January 04, 2015, 07:06:00 am »

Fish for mussels.

There's no river. The underground lake doesn't have mussels.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38933 on: January 04, 2015, 07:19:33 am »

A marksdwarf fired at a giant mosquito 13 z levels above him.
The mosquito vomited in mid air, creating piles of floating vomit.

::)

The Forgotten Beast Rusmo Stuxulsmespu has come!  An enormous blob composed of salt.  It has wings and it undulates rhythmically.

The Forgotten Beast pushes The Blind Cave Ogre in the right lower leg, bruising the muscle!
The Blind Cave Ogre punches The Forgotten Beast in the body with her right hand, breaking away the tissue!

R.I.P.  Rusmo Stuxulsmespu
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:44:17 am by utunnels »

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38934 on: January 04, 2015, 07:50:43 am »

I gave the baroness all silver furnathre and an artifact opal window and her rooms still aren't good enough.
Baroness has also mandated ballista parts be made and no be allowed to be traded.

Couple of hints with this...

Check the "n" screen and look at her "REQUIRED" tab.  If it's red, she is missing something. (IIRC, baron level gets a throne, a table, an armor rack, a weapon rack, a cabinet, 2 chests, and a sarcophagus).  The table, chair and sarcophagus need to be set to the size of the whole suite of rooms you gave her to show her how big her "area" is.  I generally mine out some big rooms for them so they can grow with the nobles as they progress baron -> count -> duke, maybe three connected 5x5s.

If the REQUIRED is just yellow, smooth and engrave her walls in her rooms and she should be happy - artifact in the rooms should have you set for value, though.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38935 on: January 04, 2015, 08:36:11 am »

My fort is apparently on the edge of evil biome. So much on the edge I didn't even realized that when I embarked. It didn't cause me any troubles, just a cloud drifting at the edge of the map. Not until now.

Now departing caravan had become enthralled.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #38936 on: January 04, 2015, 11:52:02 am »

My fort is apparently on the edge of evil biome. So much on the edge I didn't even realized that when I embarked. It didn't cause me any troubles, just a cloud drifting at the edge of the map. Not until now.

Now departing caravan had become enthralled.
The wagon thralls will destroy everything!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38937 on: January 04, 2015, 12:07:50 pm »

Ya it's highlighted in yellow, and now I feel retarded for putting her 'quarters' in a sand level.....
Looks like I'll be moving her entire set up down into the special area where I put her tomb. Maybe that'll satisfy her

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #38938 on: January 04, 2015, 12:09:06 pm »

I'm on year 10 in Mineseal now, and almost done my magma pumpstack. Once it's complete, I'll kit out a massive military and start building an elaborate surface fort out of glass.
I'm not really sure what I'm going to do after that project is complete. Start pointless megaprojects/doomsday devices? I'm trying to make this for last for a century, so I guess I've got to figure out how to automate as much of it as possible. That or just build a new fort whenever the last one gets boring on the same site. Like, when my current subterranean fort gets too boring, maybe move it to a surface fort, then a cavern fort, then a hell fort etc...

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38939 on: January 04, 2015, 12:21:50 pm »

The wagon thralls will destroy everything!

Shame, it seems only two thrall guards were left standing by the time my troops reached them.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?
Pages: 1 ... 2594 2595 [2596] 2597 2598 ... 3842