Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2588 2589 [2590] 2591 2592 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106403 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38835 on: December 31, 2014, 09:55:29 am »

So this is what happens when you don't have standing army and werebeast shows up!

I've went down from 50 to 13, and this is after 3 migrant waves. Hope they love miasma.

even with a working army (unless they have really good armor) you get some deaths. and from those 13 should check which ones are infected

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38836 on: December 31, 2014, 10:14:04 am »

I went through several full moons already, without an outbreak.

With standing army I had at worst two small outbreaks.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38837 on: December 31, 2014, 11:18:42 am »

a minotaur came, have killed several dwarves, some legendary fighters among them, my soldiers doesnt seem to kill it, he just dodges them endlessly. had to restart the game. it got stuck on that

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38838 on: December 31, 2014, 11:39:24 am »

So Toady prioritized jobs, enh? :P  What happens if I add every labor to my dwarves?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38839 on: December 31, 2014, 11:50:55 am »

Yet another reason I have to think ettins are pathetic. An ettin attacked my fort. But it never made it there. A vulture attacked it, ripping off a finger, a nose, and three eyes. The vulture retreated away from the fight, and the ettin died of blood loss. Pathetic ettin.

Compare this to the Cyclops I fought: I embarked on a cave, prepared for !!FUN!!, actually hoping for a dragon. Instead, I got a cyclops. I'd brought a copper hammer and shield, plus a  bronze breastplate and helm for everyone but the wood cutter, who had a copper axe. One guy was in full bronze plate, with a mail shirt and cloaks and hood. He had a silver war hammer. I also had twelve dogs that I promptly trained for war. Setting the wood cutter to clear a large chunk of the forest, I sent off the dogs and militia to deal with the cyclops. He emerged from his cave, fighting a group of gorillas and elk birds. He came out of killing six elk birds and four gorillas unharmed. I took this as my chance to attack, while he was still tired. All six dwarves were proficient in hammer, with three levels in armour and two in shield. My dwarves fought that cyclops for two weeks, three of them being strangled to death, all the dogs exploded into gore against tree trunks, the other three dwarves simply bludgeoned. He had two bruises and a finger cut open. He charged after my last dwarf after finishing off some troglodytes. This wood cutter was just minding his own business, cutting down a glumprong. Just as the cyclops reached two meters from him, the tree was felled. A log came down and exploded the cyclops' chest into gore.

An ettin: beaten by a vulture.
A cyclops: killed six dwarves, twelve dogs, six elk birds, four gorillas, and eight troglodytes with two bruises and a cut on his finger. Died to a falling glumprong log.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #38840 on: December 31, 2014, 01:05:01 pm »

Glumprong is the heaviest wood in the game... Hey, speak of a curse, this cyclops has one.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38841 on: December 31, 2014, 01:47:44 pm »

Funny. I don't seem to be able to find any depiction of actual deaths of my citizens (despite lots of dwarves dieing in the first year) but has plenty of pictures of rapid succession of officials.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #38842 on: December 31, 2014, 01:54:36 pm »

Comrades, today we are waging the battle of production!

I messed up my farm design, and got unlucky with the migrants I got - I started a rather advanced farming setup, but didn't receive migrants with the skills to make it efficient.
So I lost a lot of my seeds, and didn't produce as much as I'd expected. Plus, I passed over the opportunity to buy surplus food from a caravan... and that caravan was the last caravan I've received. For 2 years, I've been under siege by the undead (who are leaving a permanent population behind - there's a lot of slain wildlife they've ressurected, plus a few of their archers got trapped up a tree somehow.

So essentially, I've been down to the wire a few times over the past 2 in-game years. I'm enlarging the farms and trying to get egg production underway, but for some reason the chicks haven't hatched yet. We're finally pulling ahead though - booze and food is almost at a comfortable level.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38843 on: December 31, 2014, 03:04:13 pm »

Two miners were trapped in a tree.
I wonder how did they gtet there in the first place...

I didn't notice that until I saw an anouncement about give water job cancellation.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38844 on: December 31, 2014, 03:25:28 pm »

Heroicstand (original, I know) is now a final beacon of civilization in a ruined world. Beyond a little pocket in the mountains that might be getting slowly swallowed by the Spawn of holistic, the "outlands" are crawling with them and goblins, and apparently kobolds in numbers so thick they've actually seized at least one forest retreat.

The site so far is promising, with coal seams in the river nearby, and fireclay to either build shit from or sell to our lonesome eventual caravan. With no king though we  need to haul ass and dig out a big freakin' bedroom and dining hall in a hurry because one of these asshats is going to claim to position for himself. But considering they are all actively working together to kill the gators that are trying to eat them, largely unarmed or with lacking weaponry, I'd say whomever gets the job deserves it. They've so far bludgeoned one to death (killed by a mechanic/woodworker with a copper hatchet to the head after having its limbs broken by punches, kicks, and shield bashes,) and are working on beating a second to death. Both will make fine supplements to the paltry rations they have, and the bones can be fashioned into some makeshift siege crossbow ammo.

The fact my dwarves are killing them without my input using two wooden shields and a subpar hatchet is nothing short of amazing too.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38845 on: December 31, 2014, 03:44:18 pm »

I somehow bypassed all three caverns and dug directly into magma. God, I hate when this happens.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38846 on: December 31, 2014, 04:11:05 pm »

I somehow bypassed all three caverns and dug directly into magma. God, I hate when this happens.

Not too bad. It means you got a straight stairshaft.

I hate detours.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38847 on: December 31, 2014, 04:13:40 pm »

It's not actually straight, it's a 3D network of tunnels I dug trying to find caverns.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38848 on: December 31, 2014, 06:18:02 pm »

Woundmerged endures, now into it's 10th year, with more candy!

40 goblins and a support column of trolls showed up and were promptly butchered with no loss of dwarven life (lots of horror, though... "zomg those poor goblins!"  Ugh.)

This fort has reached the point where not many external forces have a shot at killing it.

(Yes, I said that publicly just to see what the RNG will come up with... expect !!FUN!! in the next post.)

PS: My statue garden is now officially ridonkulous, since I have statues of each metal I can make in the fort.  I just forged the adamantine statue.  It is of a giantess killing an elf.  It's the prize of my collection, and brings a tear to my eye every time I see it.

"Iamblichos the mad god felt pleasure viewing a completely sublime tastefully arranged statue (x50)"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 08:44:05 pm by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38849 on: December 31, 2014, 06:30:44 pm »

Crundles. So many fucking crundles... Please... Kill me...
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about
Pages: 1 ... 2588 2589 [2590] 2591 2592 ... 3842