Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2586 2587 [2588] 2589 2590 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106368 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38805 on: December 30, 2014, 12:01:02 am »

Just got my graveyard carved out, and almost done carving out and snazzifying my dining hall.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12361-jewelworked

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38806 on: December 30, 2014, 12:16:27 am »

the first cavern entrance is finished. and followed the recomendation of having a room for important mechanisms.

the first cavern is quite calm, only seen giant earthworms or troglodytes running around. nothing much important.

the second cavern is occupied by the FB so no construction down there yet. maybe once it dies, as it has been fighting in the local creatures. being a lesser FB it should die easily by them and dont want to put my military in danger.

the third cavern is the next option and is being done right now. the FB has killed several creatures and has been severly injured.

right now the militia is composed of 10 legendary axelords, 10 legendary hammerlords, 10 proficient swordwarves and 10 proficient marksdwarves. they dispatch the creatures quickly.

decided to open the second carven, the FB attacked a miner, but served as distraction for it as the militia killed it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:31:01 am by xaritscin »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38807 on: December 30, 2014, 12:54:18 am »

It's quite frustrating dorfs rush in to fetch Armok knows what when the cavern door was opened.
Should use burrow every time.

There should be a fog of war feature maybe.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38808 on: December 30, 2014, 01:00:39 am »

A wereskink just killed the grand master potter, the two legendary stone crafters, the legendary bone carver, the high master metal crafter, the master armour smith, the great weapon smith, the trio of legendary gem cutters, a proficient mason, and the accomplished gem setter, all before my military could get there. Why did I make all my crafters work in the same zone...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38809 on: December 30, 2014, 01:51:31 am »

"The Gnome Gnomey McGnome has come! A tiny jolly humanoid creature that dwells in the mountains, well versed in technology and eccentric behavior, <rest of masterwork Gnome description here>. Its thirst for scientific experiment knows no bounds!"

Gotta love werebeasts showing up in their humanoid form.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38810 on: December 30, 2014, 07:28:05 am »

Artifact mug = legendary mugger
That would give me a proper reason to punish those ruffians for creating useless weird artifacts. "Yes Urist, that's a nice wooden ring you created there. Throw it into the artifact pile and go drown yourself in the well."

Within 4 years my fort has 10 elite crossbowmen, 10 legendary lashers, 10 legendary halberdiers, 10 legendary mace lords and 10 spear masters. 2 goblin sieges and one big zombie assault later I have a practise field for my soldiers thanks to 15 well placed cage traps. Zombies might make a good practise target for my crossbowmen (as if they would need more training but I have to use those wooden bolts somewhere).

Thought about entering a cavern, but there were flying forgotten beasts with venomous breath lurking there. I was not sure if I have found two different or is it one hellova large cavern. This was answered when one FB emerged victorious from the slope...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38811 on: December 30, 2014, 08:27:08 am »

Planepacking complete. The artifact, "Practiceankle," is a cyclops statue worth ☼9,660,600. Not bad for a piece made almost entirely of shale.

that should buy a lot of steel equipment :D
Aw hell naw. That's going in my dining room.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38812 on: December 30, 2014, 09:30:43 am »

Danger rooms are dangerous for babies.
Training spears can turn them into dwarven baby jam in no time.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38813 on: December 30, 2014, 10:23:20 am »

Danger rooms are pointless anyway now that sparring is quick and non lethal even with real weapons.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38814 on: December 30, 2014, 10:31:24 am »

Planepacking complete. The artifact, "Practiceankle," is a cyclops statue worth ☼9,660,600. Not bad for a piece made almost entirely of shale.

that should buy a lot of steel equipment :D
Aw hell naw. That's going in my dining room.
good point

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38815 on: December 30, 2014, 10:40:57 am »

Danger rooms are pointless anyway now that sparring is quick and non lethal even with real weapons.
Danger room are still faster for shield users.
Now all my squads are legendary +4 or +5 shield users and at least legendary fighters.

They can still spar in the danger room if you design it within a barrack.

---------------

The problem is I deleted my save by mistake. *face palm*
I should select the backup, but selected the folder instead.

Well, time to start a new fortress.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38816 on: December 30, 2014, 12:31:48 pm »

a werellama attacked, i couldnt check if it bited due to the quick succession of reports. have had to put all the militia in the same place for now.

i can stop being paranoid, it seems no one got infected this time. phew!.....

also, finished the 3rd cavern bunker. doing the 2nd cavern bunker now. and digging some adamantine from the spires.

a titan attacked, it was a spider with venomous bite. half of the fort went down killing it and lost a good chunk of my legendary combatants.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:03:53 pm by xaritscin »

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38817 on: December 30, 2014, 01:24:50 pm »

Danger room are still faster for shield users.
Now all my squads are legendary +4 or +5 shield users and at least legendary fighters.

They can still spar in the danger room if you design it within a barrack.

---------------

The problem is I deleted my save by mistake. *face palm*
I should select the backup, but selected the folder instead.

Well, time to start a new fortress.

Do danger rooms with wooden training spears still kill babies?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38818 on: December 30, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »

Do danger rooms with wooden training spears still kill babies?

Heck, dwarven daycare. They carry their offspring into the battle. And babies can die even in normal training, especially when "mom" decides to dodge near a well...

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38819 on: December 30, 2014, 02:40:11 pm »

dont know if it was the mayor, but somehow got cages with a worm, a toad, another vermin and a dingo. gonna release them as they are tamed.

started digging the magma forges. and making passages to the different lvls of the adamantine spires. population is growing again due to inmigrants.

also, for some reason the dorfs dont smelt the adamantine in the magma forge, it says the dont find the strands, but checked the stockpiles and there's a bin full of adamantine strands.....will see if building a normal smelter in the workshop room works.

quite an interesting bug i must say. never had problem with that.

and nope. both magma smelters are bugged.

burning some wood for fuel while i get more strands.

in other news, a wereturtle attacked, the human caravan was able to kill it but i worry about my reputation with them. they were leaving anyways, didnt have the time to trade.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:16:12 pm by xaritscin »
Pages: 1 ... 2586 2587 [2588] 2589 2590 ... 3842