Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2542 2543 [2544] 2545 2546 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6101687 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38145 on: November 22, 2014, 11:39:36 pm »

LOL a GCS appeared and killed a fisherdwarf, it got rekt by a war dog.....wut also, i keep getting ambush notifications but no enemies appear in the log, must be in the deeper lvls

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38146 on: November 22, 2014, 11:46:04 pm »

Well, I've just discovered that my king is a Goblin

And also I'm experimenting with using chutes to drop wood, and butchered products, down from the surface to my crafting levels and kitchens, to cut back on hauling. Nobody has been clobbered by terminal-velocity kestrel skulls... yet.
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38147 on: November 22, 2014, 11:48:08 pm »

and now a giant toad appeared and culled most of my fort, only one dorf is left.....i need a immigrant wave ASAP -_-

and now a group of troglodytes attacked him, time to reclaim again
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:54:20 pm by xaritscin »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38148 on: November 22, 2014, 11:50:07 pm »

Question: what determines how often a creature shows up? I want to make certain creatures more likely, such as cave dragons, jabberers, and giant sperm whales.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #38149 on: November 22, 2014, 11:57:19 pm »

Question: what determines how often a creature shows up? I want to make certain creatures more likely, such as cave dragons, jabberers, and giant sperm whales.
That's the [FREQUENCY] tag in the creature's raws. Higher values means higher likelihood of spawning on the map. Max is 100, the value is compared to all other creatures that can spawn in the biome, so that higher values have higher chances than lower values.

Protip, there's a thread for asking general modding questions like this found here. Also the wiki has useful pages for any and almost all editable raw tokens, including creature tokens.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38150 on: November 23, 2014, 08:00:24 am »

I embarked with a swordsdwarf and a plain iron sword. She's got 60+ local wildlife kills, and some decent skills.

Then, soon after I started the steel industry, my migrant weaponsmith got the fort's second Mood. Artifact steel sword, yeah! No images, no spikes, no materials except for the one steel bar, but still worth 640K¤. :)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38151 on: November 23, 2014, 12:50:20 pm »

Today I learned the hard way that dwarf invaders appearing with goblin squads are worth taking seriously. A single axedwarf in combat trance decimated my small militia before finally going down in pieces when I rushed her with the rest of the militia. I had to suffer the humiliation of closing the gates to stop the second invader squad (with two dwarves) from finishing the massacre.

The speardwarf who managed to kill the invader and lost his foot in process is being ignored by the medical personnel for some reason. He was left on the hospital floor and has stayed there, still conscious and annoyed at having sustained injuries, but seemingly unable to move. Dwarves will bring him food and water when he gets hungry or thirsty but he won't or can't sleep, even after I built a bed under him. I wonder how long he will last.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38152 on: November 23, 2014, 01:25:30 pm »

the items left by the original settlers were gathered at last, but i have humongous quantities of wood that cannot be stored, better to dump them all into the atom smasher, no problem with creatures right now, except for some troglodytes that somehow got stuck up in a glowbulb and dont seem to be able to get down

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38153 on: November 23, 2014, 02:49:39 pm »

I embarked on a sea side swamp, not far away from necromancers tower. No problems with aquifiers, some fruit collecting areas near the entrance, and whole layers of sand and clay, but the only ores I've found are galena, native gold and cassiterite. After two years I've got visitors from the tower. Four zombies, two caged, the other two escaped. When I'll make a marksdwarves squad, they'll be great training targets.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38154 on: November 23, 2014, 03:03:41 pm »

dwarf population ramped up to 44, more housing is being digged, no problems as of now, finishing the furniture for the dinning hall and the barracks

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38155 on: November 23, 2014, 03:31:39 pm »

Awesome, a forgotten beast arrived.  A towering humanoid composed of salt with a pair of fan-like antennae.

EDIT: Etur Cloisteredhame the Ignited Messiah-Abysses got the kill of creature.  Maces tend to smash salt pretty easily

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 03:43:14 pm by Jervill »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38156 on: November 23, 2014, 04:02:20 pm »

Winter. Booze production is negligible, aquifer is very far from the fort proper.
Only one death and winter's almost over though, so that's something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38157 on: November 23, 2014, 04:12:02 pm »

only a few lvls down and found the second cavern, it is pure soil and no water and its full of gold veins, this will serve good for the economy, the entrance has been already walled and with a drawbridge, current population borders 50+, and some dorfs dead trying to kill the troglodytes living in the inundated tree, well at least they opened the field for more creature generation, have 3 squads of militants i think, but no weapons or armor yet. have to wait for a caravan and im in dire need of wood for charcoal. time to chop some trees, if i find them.

found the magma sea and built magma based forges and furnaces, there's also an adamantine spire, the problem is, that its surrounded completely by the lava, a channel for water from the cavern is being created in order to create an obsidian encase for this, i hope it works.

discovered the third cavern layer while digging the water channel, and coincidentially there's an underground water body here too, channeling directly over the magma sea should be easy.

ironically i didnt have to channel any water, but got to make an stair into the pillar, a defense system is being constructed in case of breaching the hollow part.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:57:39 pm by xaritscin »

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38158 on: November 23, 2014, 05:46:53 pm »

The injured and sleepless speardwarf finally went mad from sleep deprivation and is crawling around babbling, covered with nothing but blood spatters. Looks like he'll die of thirst very soon.

I don't know why no one couldn't be arsed to carry him to one of the many hospital beds. A sad and needless death.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38159 on: November 23, 2014, 06:08:49 pm »

fucked it up with the carving and the spire got inundated with magma, fail.....
Pages: 1 ... 2542 2543 [2544] 2545 2546 ... 3842