Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2517 2518 [2519] 2520 2521 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099616 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37770 on: November 02, 2014, 02:18:56 pm »

Super depressed king who claimed the throne... Suddenly, he goes into a mood. Kills his own wife, and makes a cloak from her. He is now wearing his wife.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37771 on: November 02, 2014, 02:21:03 pm »

Cyan means function loss, but still structurally sound.

It's cyan. Yeah. So what, are they diabetic now? Isn't that what your pancreas does?

Might have been bandits instead of civ-siege? Did they have recruits or something like this with them? I think I have seen goblins and dwarves in such a group, so why not elves... about time they grow some backbone I think :P

They all had proper titles. Swordsman, vrossbowman, maceman. After the fight I didn't have an elf civ on my civilizations screen. Plus, I thought elves preferred bows, not crossbows. So I'm gonna go with bandits.

Now I just gotta quarantine the infected were-giraffes and shuffle them into the drowning chamber. I don't want to have to deal with them. After that I'm bolstering my military by training up five more melee fighters and a crossbow squad. Maybe more than that. We don't get a whole lot of invaders, but I'm always a fan of overkill.

EDIT: Oh, and I need to find a way to reliably make crowns to fulfill my mayor's needs. Luckily the duke just likes jugs, but those crown mandates are going to cause problems if I keep ignoring them. Guess I'll need a prison or a hammerer just to get it sorted out.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:25:17 pm by Mentalpatient87 »
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37772 on: November 02, 2014, 02:26:23 pm »

Just get a stonecrafter pumping.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37773 on: November 02, 2014, 03:01:49 pm »

It's cyan. Yeah. So what, are they diabetic now? Isn't that what your pancreas does?

In DF, no. The only internal organs that do anything in DF iirc are the lungs, the brain, and the eyes. Anything else (pancreas, liver, heart, etc) can be safely removed, barring blood loss issues.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37774 on: November 02, 2014, 03:03:36 pm »

Removing the spine makes them unable to walk.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37775 on: November 02, 2014, 03:04:49 pm »

Removing the spine makes them unable to walk.

Right, that too.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37776 on: November 02, 2014, 03:09:11 pm »

In DF, no. The only internal organs that do anything in DF iirc are the lungs, the brain, and the eyes. Anything else (pancreas, liver, heart, etc) can be safely removed, barring blood loss issues.

I figured. DF doesn't model the endocrine system yet. No need for dwarven insulin just yet.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37777 on: November 02, 2014, 06:10:41 pm »

Two of my dwarves have serious psychological problems. I stopped farming and almost everything (I have enough for years anyway) and all my dwarves (only 20) do is try to make them happy again (and maybe make them marry, they are a couple for years now). Connected the gym w/ a mist generating system, rearranged living area to their purposes, tried w/o work, w/ permanent work, w/ military, w/ shock therapy nothing works.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37778 on: November 02, 2014, 06:39:56 pm »

AAAAAGH
BIRDSPLOSION
WHY DID I BRING 30 TURKEYS
I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THEY WOULD TURN INTO 300+ TURKEYS

THE FPS IS NONEXISTENT
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37779 on: November 02, 2014, 06:53:55 pm »

I messed around with DFHack and got 1214 dwarves at embark. Before, dwarves were unheard of in this world. Abandoned that fort, spent eight years in another fort, BAAAAAAM!!! Dwarves. Everywhere. Eight fortresses, and twenty seven hillocks, plus my fort-to-be.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37780 on: November 02, 2014, 07:12:46 pm »

My liaison just wanders around in the meeting halls instead of meeting with the mayor. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37781 on: November 02, 2014, 08:15:01 pm »

I figured. DF doesn't model the endocrine system yet. No need for dwarven insulin just yet.

It's quite surprising that Dorfs have no need for a liver, if you ask me.
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #37782 on: November 02, 2014, 08:16:34 pm »

I messed around with DFHack and got 1214 dwarves at embark. Before, dwarves were unheard of in this world.
Armok decided there had been peace for too long.

Ives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37783 on: November 02, 2014, 09:10:03 pm »

Currently trying to get rid of this little guy. He fell into the lake after dodging out of the way of an angry milker who's been tantruming for the longest time after being possessed by a vengeful ghost. Normally I engrave and build slabs right after receiving a warning, but in this case the spectre struck before the notice was even generated. The corpse was promptly raised by the malevolent energies of the biome, - the two nearby bodies are its unfortunate victims, thankfully he's mangled them and they can't rise. Side note, I was so upset at the misbehaving milker that when he refused to step off the drawbridge after I've ordered all dwarves inside, I pulled the lever and watched him fly ten Z levels in the air (the clothing in the water is his). Very satisfying.

He was raised of course, but that happened close to the shore and he was promptly caught in a cage trap.

You can see there's an anvil next to it. I'm trying to kill him by dropping heavy things from the top floor of the tower. Stupid dwarves don't want to cooperate and dump things where I want them, arggghhh.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37784 on: November 02, 2014, 09:12:29 pm »

I know two little words to fix your problem:

magma
Pages: 1 ... 2517 2518 [2519] 2520 2521 ... 3842