Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2428 2429 [2430] 2431 2432 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121160 times)

Bonesinger

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36435 on: August 08, 2014, 03:16:50 pm »

Sooooooooo... Are ghostly soldiers supposed to enter martial trance?

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36436 on: August 08, 2014, 03:46:28 pm »

Normally I wouldn't do this, but since it was a glitch(I told it No aquifers) I'm going to DFhack my way through the aquifer tomorrow.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36437 on: August 08, 2014, 04:04:28 pm »

Ghosts are still a little glitchy. Occasionally, you can get a fell mood that will grab a nearby ghost and make something out of ghost.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36438 on: August 08, 2014, 04:09:54 pm »

What the hell happened to your fort? With the ghost it is along the lines of ghost fisherdwarfs and animal trainers who continue to do their job despite being dead.

EDIT: Ninja'd somewhat
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Bonesinger

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here
    • View Profile
« Reply #36439 on: August 08, 2014, 05:03:28 pm »

What happened? Well, a few posts above :P
*snip snip snip* click the link

To be fair though, there were no battle reports at all involving those undead and/or the ghost.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36440 on: August 08, 2014, 06:03:28 pm »

I read it, thats why there is a: "EDIT: Ninja'd somewhat" on it.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36441 on: August 08, 2014, 06:28:32 pm »

Something happened to the caravan from Mountainhome.
They had sent seven wagons this year, five are now in the missing list.
It appears to have happened in the corridors to my Trade Depot as there are now clouds of miasma from the rotting food; also wagon wood.
No trading this season, also loads of free stuff.

Also had some inaccurate announcements about the construction of masterwork statues.
I saw a message at the bottom of the screen saying so-and-so made a masterwork statue of somebody Demonhand, and thought that was a cool name so I would check out the statue.
I couldn't find it, all that was there was a mastercraft statue of my legendary mason.
I got a couple more mismatches, so I checked the stocks screen to see if someone was secretly making statues elsewhere, but the don't show up there either.

But I just got an artifact statue:
This is a nickel statue of Meng Postclouds. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
The item is a masterfully designed image of Meng Postclouds the goblin and dwarves in nickel by Tun Bardumthīkut. Meng Postclouds is surrounded by dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the goblin Meng Postclouds to the position of king of The Swift Hammers in 415.
It is decorated with alpaca leather and encircled with bands of oval crystal glass cabochons. This object is adorned with hanging rings of clear tourmaline.
On the item is an image of Mosus Worthytrumpet the dwarf and dwarves in nickel. Mosus Worthytrumpet is surrounded by dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Mosus Worthytrumpet to the position of baroness of The Swift Hammers in 32.
On the item is an image of Frillfrigid the Mechanism of Light the nickel statue of Meng Postclouds in green glass.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #36442 on: August 08, 2014, 06:57:30 pm »

Third ever fort (Last one failed because apparently you need axes to cut down trees).

Three of my dwarves had been possessed (Grr, no skill gains, but hey, artefacts), all of which were completed without problem (except for the last one, I had to hastily jumpstart metal production).

First artefact: Legendry wooden barrel. At least it's useful. Last time I checked it was used for storing eggs. It menaces with spikes of some sort of wood, can't remember which or even check right now. It occurs to me that you wouldn't really want to store eggs in something menacing with spikes of any sort though...
Second artefact: legendry tetrahedrite coffer. Wow this thing is expensive! My most important dwarf is having this. On the coffer, in tetrahedrite, is an image of itself.

Third artefact: Legendry diorite mug. A MUG? Come on! It is adorned with tetrahedrite cabochons and circled with bands of silver. On the mug, in tetrahedrite, is an image of the legendry tetrahedrite coffer made earlier, which is pretty cool if you ask me.

Currently, I'm digging out more bed chambers whilst constructing some proper fortifications and looking for rhubarb seeds, because I like rhubarb and I think my dwarves would like me more if they had some too...

Hmm, that reminds me... I must mod the game at some point just so my dwarves can have custard with the rhubarb (custard mines, of course)...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:02:08 pm by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36443 on: August 08, 2014, 09:26:52 pm »

Led Kadolbisek has been unhappy lately. He suffered through his spouse's miscarriage recently. He complained about the draft recently. He slept in a good bedroom recently. He talked with the spouse recently. He admired a fine seat recently. He has been satisfied at work recently.

:o I didn't know those could happen.  :'(
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36444 on: August 09, 2014, 12:34:54 am »

Might of been hit lately. There's a wiki page on it.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36445 on: August 09, 2014, 12:35:46 am »

Led Kadolbisek has been unhappy lately. He suffered through his spouse's miscarriage recently. He complained about the draft recently. He slept in a good bedroom recently. He talked with the spouse recently. He admired a fine seat recently. He has been satisfied at work recently.

:o I didn't know those could happen.  :'(
Taking wounds and being starved or dehydrated cause it to occur. :(
It's the main reason to have female soldiers use crossbows rather than melee.

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36446 on: August 09, 2014, 12:53:13 am »

Playing a round of drunk-fortress.

Found lava.
Found flux.
Found magnetite...

Found the merchants with a single barrel of .... milk?  and no ale, and I've utterly fogotten to set up a still!

Lets see if a barrel of llama milk can see me through to the end of making a still and brewing a few barrels.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36447 on: August 09, 2014, 02:49:40 am »

I really like all the new features of the 2014 release, but I decided to dust off my old 34.11 fortress while the bugs get worked out.

Relicshield: Pop. 186, Late Spring of 360 (Year 109)

The dwarves of the capital have been a sluggish lot as of late (30 FPS).  With the Mountainhome bursting at the seams from an overabundance of food, ammunition, blocks, and other sundry items, a temporary halt was placed on all workshops.  From the surface lumberyards to the Deep Forge far below, production has ground to a halt.
Meanwhile, to bolster the hauling workforce, all reservist militia members have been returned to civilian duty while the fortress prepares to rid itself of the excess it has been drowning in.  Hopefully this will help lift the temporal morass plaguing the kingdom.

Edit: So far so good.  FPS bumped up to 45 :).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:03:45 am by VerdantSF »

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36448 on: August 09, 2014, 03:38:39 am »

First artefact: Legendry wooden barrel. At least it's useful. Last time I checked it was used for storing eggs. It menaces with spikes of some sort of wood, can't remember which or even check right now. It occurs to me that you wouldn't really want to store eggs in something menacing with spikes of any sort though...

Use it to build an Ashery or a Dyers Shop.
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36449 on: August 09, 2014, 04:38:56 am »

In the early spring of 200 The Hot Lanterns of The Regal Volcano founded Searingmines. Looks like the RNG is predicting a very particular end to this fort. Other than that, I'm very happy to finally get a stable fort running in 40.xx without save corruptions or premature FUN ending it within the first few years.

To live up to its name Searingmines is built hugging the magma pipe of a volcano. I'm sure the dwarves will appreciate the extra warmth despite the local Hot/Scorching biome.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 2428 2429 [2430] 2431 2432 ... 3842