Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2382 2383 [2384] 2385 2386 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6098825 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35745 on: July 15, 2014, 09:47:04 am »

Bookkeeper became secretive and wants glass and cut gems. I have plenty of both but he just grabbed one piece of glass and is sitting there.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35746 on: July 15, 2014, 09:52:12 am »

Mayhaps he wants a large gem?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35747 on: July 15, 2014, 09:54:48 am »

Large gems are crafts, I don't think they're valid materials for moods but either way I have several.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35748 on: July 15, 2014, 10:17:20 am »

Large gems are crafts, I don't think they're valid materials for moods but either way I have several.

If he wants glass, chances are he wants several pieces of the same type before he'll grab anything else.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35749 on: July 15, 2014, 10:23:48 am »

If he wants glass, chances are he wants several pieces of the same type before he'll grab anything else.

3 pieces of crystal four pieces of clear and two pieces of green he took one crystal and sat there but I had to scum due to the animal hauling bug.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35750 on: July 15, 2014, 10:35:09 am »

the fortress is now 2 years old, and have jumped to 60+ dorfs, building more rooms and putting the factories for beds and doors, the dinning hall is almost furnished. the flooding is coming to end as it gets to 7/7 depth. no metals have been found, only flux stone have digged as deep as the 8th layer dont want to go deeper cause i dont have a militia yet. not enough dorfs to do it, goblin snatchers and kobold thiefs have started to appear, im worried of a potential invasion.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35751 on: July 15, 2014, 10:40:59 am »

I traded with the humans.  They proceeded to hang around for a good three or four additional months.   Then the dwarf caravan arrived in late fall.  The humans tried to leave while the dwarves were arriving, resulting in what appeared to be a traffic jam.  The stand-off continued until winter arrived and three or four of the dwarf wagons appeared to spontaneously decontruct, dumping their contents on the ground. 

Is this normal or a bug? 
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #35752 on: July 15, 2014, 10:49:51 am »

I traded with the humans.  They proceeded to hang around for a good three or four additional months.   Then the dwarf caravan arrived in late fall.  The humans tried to leave while the dwarves were arriving, resulting in what appeared to be a traffic jam.  The stand-off continued until winter arrived and three or four of the dwarf wagons appeared to spontaneously decontruct, dumping their contents on the ground. 

Is this normal or a bug?

This is a boon. Now you get all their stuff for free!

Just remember to use the mass reclaim function.
But yeah that's probably a bug.

Sooo, anybody got any advice for my situation?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35753 on: July 15, 2014, 11:09:09 am »

Is this normal or a bug?

This is a boon. Now you get all their stuff for free!

Just remember to use the mass reclaim function.
But yeah that's probably a bug.

Sooo, anybody got any advice for my situation?

Do you have a supply of barrels/pots and useable crop? If you do make sure your burrows aren't messing anything up. After that there's contradictory information on what solves the problem.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35754 on: July 15, 2014, 11:58:21 am »

a contingent of 10 marksdwarves is training at the fort, havent found metals yet, im worried i will have to dig deeper in order to get them, or rely in commerce in order to obtain more weapons and armor. population increased again to 80+

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35755 on: July 15, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »

Noticed a militia dwarf had talked to somebody annoying lately and checked relationships.

I think I might have them training too hard.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35756 on: July 15, 2014, 12:51:03 pm »

You haven't talked to the puppy.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35757 on: July 15, 2014, 01:18:15 pm »

struck a vein of microcline at the 14th layer, marksdwarves still in training, population stable

EDIT: found a cavern, but got to cancel the breaching of the wall, so for now the fortress is still isolated from it
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:22:51 pm by xaritscin »

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #35758 on: July 15, 2014, 01:48:58 pm »

You haven't talked to the puppy.
That little guy is a total bastard.

*sigh* I miss the S report. Every time my dwarves start sparring I think I'm under attack.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:56:20 pm by Starweaver396 »
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35759 on: July 15, 2014, 01:57:13 pm »

Noticed a militia dwarf had talked to somebody annoying lately and checked relationships.

I think I might have them training too hard.

That might be a bug.

But dear god if it is I hope Toady keeps it because hating puppies and having ravens as friends is what this game is all about.
Pages: 1 ... 2382 2383 [2384] 2385 2386 ... 3842