Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2339 2340 [2341] 2342 2343 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6101735 times)

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35100 on: June 21, 2014, 06:27:41 pm »

I CAUGHT IT AND IT'S A FEMALE

TAMING IS A MUST

I don't think that female vs male would matter without mods. Breeding can't happen with dragons unless in a modded game.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35101 on: June 21, 2014, 06:30:08 pm »

I've been trying to build a arena. My dwarves have almost finished digging the pit and my main problem is getting rid of all the leftover stone.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:31:45 pm by PDF urist master »
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35102 on: June 21, 2014, 06:58:41 pm »

TAMING IS A MUST

I don't think that female vs male would matter without mods. Breeding can't happen with dragons unless in a modded game.
But they still lay eggs! :D
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35103 on: June 21, 2014, 07:04:31 pm »

TAMING IS A MUST

But they still lay eggs! :D

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35104 on: June 21, 2014, 07:10:39 pm »

I actually had to Google what a dimetrodon is. I am both surprised and impressed that Toady put this in the game.

EDIT: checked back on the burning beast and the wall next to it has a warm stone warning on it. I'm even more impressed now.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:14:52 pm by PDF urist master »
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35105 on: June 21, 2014, 09:48:46 pm »

This is going to be interesting...

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35106 on: June 21, 2014, 11:08:15 pm »

Aah jeez. Elder thing thieves ripped off all the arms from my dwarves. Again.

Try again. Winter of year one, 'haunted' biome. That won't be a problem, will it?*

*Yes. Yes it will.

A dust cloud dusted a mason and turned him into some swole murderbeast, covered in husking dust. A husked cat was almost impossible to take down. A husked dog killed three people, it needed a horse to put down. The husked mason? his clothes held onto the dust,so when my ragtag militia bit him, the dust got on his teeth. It wasn't long after that.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35107 on: June 21, 2014, 11:34:30 pm »

4th Winter in Bluetower.

Goblins haven't appeared in a while. I'm worried those suckers are planning something...

My land is a county now, so I'm pretty sure 2-3 years and I'll become a mountainhome. I'm still looking for Candy, but magma is more important for me now. Since I would need to pump it down almost 150 z-levels up, I decided to use minecarts instead of pump stacks.  I'm pretty sure this will be !!FUN!!, as it will be my first magma experience. ( Seasonal saves, thank you for existing! )

The aforemented Bluetower is coming along nicely. Since I disabled all my quantum stockpiles, my ENTIRE FORT rushed into the caverns below to bring me fresh microcline for making blocks. Literally 80 or so haulers did it at the same moment. Seeing you dorfs haul blue stones like that was just glorious.

Except that, not much happened. My smith is being a lazy ass, it took him years to make him a golden coffin and 2 statues ( for countess' grave. ) I'm now gonna make an grave for my militia commander now, since he is a hero this fortress deserves.

If I knew how to post images, I'd show you guys my progress.
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35108 on: June 21, 2014, 11:59:35 pm »

My crippled carpenter, who was actually assigned the carpenter job after killing the last carpenter who went berserk during a fey mood and crippled him, just got his own fey mood and miraculously got up on broken ankles and walked casually to the workshop.  I'd say it's a miracle, but more than likely ill be hiring a new carpenter again soon.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35109 on: June 22, 2014, 12:04:13 am »

It's so sad and hard and agonizing watching a fort die to a tantrum spiral...

This one is worse than most. Every dwarf is a vampire, sobriety is fixed, and everyone's been idling in a legendary dining hall with mist generators for two decades. Everyone is friends with everyone. At least half the fortress is miserable now that two dwarves died of thirst from going mad/melancholy.

This is going to be messy and it will last far far too long for my tastes. *sigh* Time to set nopause and wait...
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35110 on: June 22, 2014, 03:15:36 am »

Wait really? Only 2 dwarves and a tantrum spiral? I had my entire military die (dozens) once and just enlisted another group. Noticed maybe one tantrum. MAYBE.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35111 on: June 22, 2014, 03:36:53 am »

Wait really? Only 2 dwarves and a tantrum spiral? I had my entire military die (dozens) once and just enlisted another group. Noticed maybe one tantrum. MAYBE.

As I said: No time away from the dining hall to sleep, eat, or work on megaprojects. Over a hundred and seventy dwarves, nearly all friends with one another, if I recall correctly. Now down to seventeen or so after eight hours on nopause at 20fps.

Technically, the fortress could survive. I have the blood well. I have a pair of military dwarves who aren't going to tantrum, ever. And the dwindling fortress population will leave only ghosts to threaten them as they clean up.

Carnagemines may rise again...
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35112 on: June 22, 2014, 03:43:55 am »

Just finished watching a forgotten beast made of vomit get killed by bat men (na na na na bat men)

Also, I'm trying to find some water, is it usually found in the first cavern layer or should i look deeper? I already lost one dwarf to infection and there is no rain where my fort is.
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth, and receive eternal life." but, John came fifth and received a toaster
Urist McMason, Mason cancels Build Important Wall: Making rock mugs.
It was inevitable.
My succession world turn.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35113 on: June 22, 2014, 05:01:51 am »

As I said: No time away from the dining hall to sleep, eat, or work on megaprojects. Over a hundred and seventy dwarves, nearly all friends with one another, if I recall correctly. Now down to seventeen or so after eight hours on nopause at 20fps.

Technically, the fortress could survive. I have the blood well. I have a pair of military dwarves who aren't going to tantrum, ever. And the dwindling fortress population will leave only ghosts to threaten them as they clean up.

Carnagemines may rise again...

That's brutal.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35114 on: June 22, 2014, 09:49:49 am »

A forgotten beast appeared in the caverns! A big blob made of... salt. :/

Unfortunately it left the map before I could catch/cook/eat it. Oh well... There will be more to come.

I almost finished a trap for it though. :(

I also have a levitating dwarven caravan in the place my depot used to be. I literally removed every single floor ( and walls below ) and they still didn't collapse... Why farming wagon wood is so hard?
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 2339 2340 [2341] 2342 2343 ... 3842