Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2336 2337 [2338] 2339 2340 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6101461 times)

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35055 on: June 19, 2014, 08:17:10 am »

fort #8 was abandoned last night. A combination of weretortoise-spiral and unprepared breaching of a cavern(my very first, actually!)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35056 on: June 19, 2014, 10:14:04 am »

So I finally got a few living migrants and-

Spoiler: FUCK OFF, SERIOUSLY (click to show/hide)

And I can't atom smash them either. Shit. At least they can't fly so I'll be safe for now.

EDIT: On the good side, they are destroying any remaining zombies out there.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:16:54 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35057 on: June 19, 2014, 10:18:52 am »

My clan leader is a female, and her first husband was a doctor.  She didn't give him a kid.  Later he got his head chopped off.  She didn't cry long before marrying ANOTHER doctor.  Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (when I'm in need), But she ain't messin' with no broke *****'s. 

How can i reduce the flow-rate?

You could do what I did and take the water shaft leading to the shower and branch it out until the flow is to your liking.  Also it becomes a shower room, instead of just a shower.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35058 on: June 19, 2014, 10:41:39 am »

thats not a bad idea, roof over the area that the water comes out with strategically placed grates. it will block out hte sun ( its currently in the open air) but i have other open areas i can make statue gardens or something ( to prevent sun-nausea ).

oh and I guess my 'fort' had become more of a  resort : 120 adults 60 children 34 babies. A constant cacophany of Parties and dropping sprogs with the occasional invasion of Undead and Goblins outside the curtain walls.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35059 on: June 19, 2014, 10:48:51 am »

Aaaaand we have our first vampire, folks.

Time to vampirize the fort!
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35060 on: June 19, 2014, 10:51:04 am »

I spent quite a bit of time designing a cave in trap for the 2nd cavern, and a forgotten beast showed up on the 1st cavern level. great.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35061 on: June 19, 2014, 11:23:59 am »

Finally finished the first floor of my microcline tower. Now I'm doing the basement ( graveyard ) and 2nd floor ( probably... Well, I don't know what I'm gonna do there yet. )

Ambushers took down 2 of my haulers, who have been trying to get wood from near the river. They were buried in obsidian coffins in the basement of the mentioned tower. My militia despite 2-3 ambush waves was unscratched, despite though goblins almost made it inside. Literally last cage trap stopped the final goblin.

I also walled off majority of my fortress. There are only 4 ways in currently. On the east side, there are two entrances. One is a heavily trapped one for gobbos, and the second one is snake-like way for caravans. On the west side, I got kind of a gate and a small hole in my wall near the mountain my temporary fortress is in. Trapped for gobbos.

My expedition leader became a baron today. She's ecstatic about it, and her mandates aren't that bad. She is obsessed with figurines though. She keeps giving me mandates to make them and bans them for export. In few years, once I get the pump stack up and running ( found semi-molten rock, time to find magma ) I'll forget about them. By that point I'll be swimming in iron and steel.

Wish I had bituminous coal on map though... ( Well, I haven't used DFHack to check if it's there. But I haven't stumbled upon it though. )

Bluetower is in the 4rd year now, and it doesn't like it will fall soon. Unless I accidentaly breach HFS or a titan/forgotten beast shows up... Or magma...
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

MeMyselfAndI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35062 on: June 19, 2014, 11:29:37 am »

So I have a berserk wereass dwarf in a cage. Now what should I do with him?

Also, I have a couple pages worth of goblins, a bunch of undead mussels, and a necromancer, all in cages. I overuse cage traps.

And an insane dwarf wondering around. Yay.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #35063 on: June 19, 2014, 12:34:29 pm »

My clan leader is a female, and her first husband was a doctor.  She didn't give him a kid.  Later he got his head chopped off.  She didn't cry long before marrying ANOTHER doctor.  Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (when I'm in need), But she ain't messin' with no broke *****'s. 
Wait. She remarried? How did you do that? That shouldn't be possible.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35064 on: June 19, 2014, 03:53:04 pm »

And now to match my founding weaponsmith who went fey, the founding armorsmith ALSO went fey. Melted a few scrap steel items to get her  steel bars she wanted, cut a gold nugget for a gem she needed, butchered a boar for bones, and she grabbed a gabbro boulder and 2 gabbro blocks while everyone was busy with her demands. No item preferences again, so lets see something else awesome come from this... Already had a siege come for the battleaxe, and the forts worth is around 600k. Might she push it to 1mil?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:57:22 pm by Lich180 »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35065 on: June 19, 2014, 03:57:38 pm »

No sooner than we cleared the last bowman from the last siege than a real one showed up.  Complete with a few troll-squads and bowmen on swallows.  So we sent everyone inside, but sure enough some dumbass on duty decided he wanted to collect that one copper tool left by the forest.  So we sealed him out, and trolls nommed him.  Stupid camels wasted my cage traps, and we couldn't catch the one troll with skills, a fish dissector troll.

Inside, I've been toying with the puppy-fall.  Its a little short, only 8-zlevels, so it only bruises most of the volunteers.  I've fixed up some spikes and hopefully they help  some.  Ideally the soothing sound of the waterfall will comfort the poor dwarves; and help drown out the wail of skewered puppies.

My goblin-drop is a more acceptable 15 levels, and indeed one miner felt the need to test it out, with predictable results.

Buzzard, kea men, and kobolds have been stealing what was left out, to the point of annoyance at the messages at all my lost arrows/cheese.  Ohh, all my lost cheese.

A forgotten beast has taken residence below, but I've only seen the second cavern via drainage tunneling, so since it doesn't fly I cant play with it yet.  enhh

---

Ahh, one volunteer got stuck on a spike and suffocated.  Marvelous.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:02:52 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35066 on: June 19, 2014, 04:18:04 pm »

Ahh, one volunteer got stuck on a spike and suffocated.  Marvelous.
Such is life in the Fortress.

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35067 on: June 19, 2014, 04:50:35 pm »

Bladedancers weren't done with me.  They sent 30 this year instead of 13, and they all rode in on war unicorns.  Pretty sure I won't get lucky twice so not going to send my entire fortress after em, prolly just hide in our fort and party around the well instead.

Wait. She remarried? How did you do that? That shouldn't be possible.

You took that too literally lol, married, "lovers", w/e, point is she ow
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #35068 on: June 19, 2014, 05:03:33 pm »

Just founded anew fort in heavily forested raspedwhipped and the first artifact was just created.

http://imgbox.com/D6oDVWez

With a name like that I have a good feeling about this fort. Lets see how long that lasts.

Edit: The guy was an engraver but i figured sicne he created a craft he would become a legandary craftsdwarf. but he became an legandary engraver. Why? Not that I'm complaining. Now i can make my hole in the wall of a fort super valuable.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:14:35 pm by Proudnerd »
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35069 on: June 19, 2014, 06:13:06 pm »

And now to match my founding weaponsmith who went fey, the founding armorsmith ALSO went fey. Melted a few scrap steel items to get her  steel bars she wanted, cut a gold nugget for a gem she needed, butchered a boar for bones, and she grabbed a gabbro boulder and 2 gabbro blocks while everyone was busy with her demands. No item preferences again, so lets see something else awesome come from this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Works for me.
Pages: 1 ... 2336 2337 [2338] 2339 2340 ... 3842