Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2256 2257 [2258] 2259 2260 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096882 times)

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33855 on: April 02, 2014, 01:05:32 am »

Pretty sure it all happened in the previous ambush, actually, which was a big one with 5 ambusher groups on mounts. I noticed several dwarves were injured then, just didn't realized it was all of them :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33856 on: April 02, 2014, 01:12:19 am »

Pretty sure it all happened in the previous ambush, actually, which was a big one with 5 ambusher groups on mounts. I noticed several dwarves were injured then, just didn't realized it was all of them :)

That'll do it to. Just be careful of those occasional grapples though. I wound up with dead soldiers that way...

fragfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33857 on: April 02, 2014, 03:51:14 am »

That'll do it to. Just be careful of those occasional grapples though. I wound up with dead soldiers that way...

I had the same happen to me. Forgot to assign my militia uniform, noticed when Urist McCareful decided to throw his colleague, who promptly skidded along the ground with his head, leaving his brain smeared on my barracks. It's amazing how dwarves can train with masterwork adamantine weapons and never injure each other, but wrestling can kill them ...

In other news, I had my first bronze colossus ever. Of course I've read hints that they are dangerous, and so I sent my entire military at it (>100 dwarves, mostly legendary). It still took them quite some time, and I guess I was lucky that the colossus missed all of its 10 or so attacks. In the end, my captain of the guard removed its lower body with an adamantine pick. Now I have a statue of a forgotten beast in my meeting hall.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #33858 on: April 02, 2014, 05:23:17 am »

I had the same happen to me. Forgot to assign my militia uniform, noticed when Urist McCareful decided to throw his colleague, who promptly skidded along the ground with his head, leaving his brain smeared on my barracks. It's amazing how dwarves can train with masterwork adamantine weapons and never injure each other, but wrestling can kill them ...
It's to balance out how sodding useless wrestlers are in real combat.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33859 on: April 02, 2014, 06:30:39 am »

Carpenter got smashed in the... well, everything really.
Finally found out why all them goblin corpses never got removed from my fort entrance.
Remember kids, don't play in garbage dumps.

http://i.imgur.com/Gi1OGyn.png

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33860 on: April 02, 2014, 06:48:18 am »

After tapping this adamantine vein safely, I'm fairly sure that if I go too much further I'll go straight to the circus and disturb the clowns. Time to set up plan Airlock.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33861 on: April 02, 2014, 09:59:59 am »

I've been playing Dungeon Keeper. It makes me really want to whip my dorfs to make them go faster...
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33862 on: April 02, 2014, 10:05:30 am »

It's to balance out how sodding useless wrestlers are in real combat.

Had that happen once in another fort when I made the mistake of leaving them on training duty (ALL legendaries even) while I had them change out the iron armor for steel. It was a wierd freak accident which one dwarf bit the others hand and then threw it the other dwarf that way, the thrown dwarf died.. The thing is that it didn't show up as sparring and the thrower didn't get any bad thoughts over it or be accused of a crime.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33863 on: April 02, 2014, 10:12:22 am »

Anyone know how to edit embark points AFTER genning but BEFORE embarking? I saved the perfect embark, but I'm gunna lose it because I forgot to change embark points from default :(

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33864 on: April 02, 2014, 10:18:12 am »

I THINK you can with DFhack?

You should be able to regenerate it, the history might come out slightly different, but the embark geography will be there.

Edit: A quick look at the DFhack manual doesn't show any way to do so. If there is a way, someone more knowledgeable with DFhack would know.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:19:45 am by smjjames »

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33865 on: April 02, 2014, 10:20:44 am »

Yeah. It was a lucky shot. I need to default all my world gen presets, because I have a crapload of ungennable parameters. That was lucky because it genned one world out of 10,000 rejects

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33866 on: April 02, 2014, 10:23:44 am »

Ten thousand..? lol......

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33867 on: April 02, 2014, 10:24:39 am »

Right?

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33868 on: April 02, 2014, 10:25:18 am »

Well, I mean, technically 2 out of 20,000 rejects. I forgot to disable aquifers on the first one :P

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33869 on: April 02, 2014, 10:27:41 am »

Can't you export the seed? You can recreate the same world if you have the same seeds. Go to legends, export the legends and look for world gen parameters.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!
Pages: 1 ... 2256 2257 [2258] 2259 2260 ... 3842