Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2222 2223 [2224] 2225 2226 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096384 times)

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33345 on: March 01, 2014, 02:45:07 pm »

And, horror of horrors, her liver is fractured.

Nothing a splint can't fix!
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33346 on: March 01, 2014, 03:02:19 pm »

And, horror of horrors, her liver is fractured.

Nothing a splint can't fix!

-cackle-

City Laborfords, 10th Sandstone 240; 179 dwarves, 5 fatalities, 1 tantrum spiral, 1 melancholy dwarf

Happiness meter: 5/5/11/22/55/42/38

Doomed. So very, very doomed. And it's hilarious.

Endok Slipclasped, one of the Founders, got his skull caved in by Zaneg Lancertail. After he went to lie down because Zaneg bit his right arm hard enough to sever a sensory nerve.

Edit, 22nd Sandstone:

21/14/20/17/57/26/21

We're doomed. -rubs hands with glee-

5th Timber:

Fikod Canyongalley got punched in the head and didn't die. Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Her skull's shattered, but it wasn't jammed through the brain. I am impressed.

Also, 18/14/18/26/53/24/22
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:42:13 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33347 on: March 01, 2014, 03:51:49 pm »

City Laborfords, Mid-Autumn 240; 180 dwarves, 1 tantrum spiral, 4 fatalities (I miscounted and last post should be 3), 2 dwarves restng

Happiness meter: 5/7/9/15/49/47/48

Little Kogsak's injuries. The worse-looking one is earlier, when I wasn't sure she'd survive and so wanted the injuries for posterity; the second one is shortly after she was placed in her bed. She's currently in surgery. And, horror of horrors, her liver is fractured.

How tragic! All the nice ale will spill right through!

Hmm, she survived a head injury? That's pretty rare. And light blue injuries are normally "body part is still recognisable, but no longer functional" - good thing dwarfs only use their hearts as blood containers, not for actual circulation.

Shattered skulls are, absurdly enough, less deadly. It's the relatively weak punches that only "bruise muscle" that somehow turn the unbroken skull into a nail that's then driven right through the brain.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33348 on: March 01, 2014, 04:05:47 pm »

City Laborfords, Mid-Autumn 240; 180 dwarves, 1 tantrum spiral, 4 fatalities (I miscounted and last post should be 3), 2 dwarves restng

Happiness meter: 5/7/9/15/49/47/48

Little Kogsak's injuries. The worse-looking one is earlier, when I wasn't sure she'd survive and so wanted the injuries for posterity; the second one is shortly after she was placed in her bed. She's currently in surgery. And, horror of horrors, her liver is fractured.

How tragic! All the nice ale will spill right through!

Hmm, she survived a head injury? That's pretty rare. And light blue injuries are normally "body part is still recognisable, but no longer functional" - good thing dwarfs only use their hearts as blood containers, not for actual circulation.

Shattered skulls are, absurdly enough, less deadly. It's the relatively weak punches that only "bruise muscle" that somehow turn the unbroken skull into a nail that's then driven right through the brain.

Pffffffyep. And Kogsak's doing well for someone with no use of her legs and no wheelchair! Fikod's doing well too. Hell, she's happy!

City Laborfords, Late Autumn 240; 174 dwarves, 10 fatalities, 1 tantrum spiral; Under Siege

16/13/18/25/64/20/17

There are things I do not need right now. One of these things is a siege when I can't trust my lever-pullers to stay on task. I guess I'll just have to wait it out. HOW FUN. BYEBYE FPS I'LL MISS YOUUUUUUU

Edit, 16th Timber: Oh look, another berserker! Byebye, Kivish Holeportals I!

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33349 on: March 01, 2014, 04:21:35 pm »

It's a painful way for a fortress to go, isn't it?

My very next project will be desensitization. Screw the 100-z pump stack, I need those friend lists to mean nothing.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33350 on: March 01, 2014, 04:35:06 pm »

It's a painful way for a fortress to go, isn't it?

My very next project will be desensitization. Screw the 100-z pump stack, I need those friend lists to mean nothing.

Nah, it's hilarious. Laborfords has seen so little action that this is the most real fighting-type entertainment I've had in a long time, and if I do survive the spiral all the desensitization will have been done for me. Really, I've been waiting for someone to die of old age just to spark a tantrum spiral; this is just giving me what I want more quickly than anticipated.

City Laborfords, Late Autumn 240; 173 dwarves, 1 berserker; Under Siege

My FPS is actually still in the 20s. I guess dumping all those clothes did help. Kivish is chasing around one of his fellow workers, but hasn't managed to do worse than bruise him yet. Kivish is bruised all over and lost the use of his left eye at some point... -puts on the Yakety Sax-

Edit, 19th Timber: 45/12/18/18/47/19/12

Two more deaths: Sazir Holeportals was killed by the berserking Kivish, and Litast Abyssink the first* finished off Kivish after I refilled Sazir's squad with 10 workers. Fweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

*"Litast Abyssink I" was far too ambiguous-looking for my tastes.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:45:28 pm by Lielac »

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33351 on: March 01, 2014, 05:28:02 pm »

A Giant Louse somehow got into my Volcano Megafort's residential section. I didn't realize this until I got a message about a mason being found dead and zoomed in on the body. It's now locked in one of the rooms to be killed later, probably far later given that I don't have a standing military.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33352 on: March 01, 2014, 06:12:11 pm »

ChamberRelics, 102, Spring
It's the attack of the cow wool! IT'S EVERYWHERE! IT HAS KILLED 2 DWARVES. THE MILITARY IS FIGHTING A GCS! WE ARE GOING TO DIE!
Well, moreoverly, the cow wool killed the fort's two most popular dwarves and someone's cat. The dwarves are mostly doing themselves in on their own.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:33:17 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33353 on: March 01, 2014, 07:07:24 pm »

I've really only had one tantrum spiral, and it was quite the trip. Watched 175 dwarves slowly go insane, get ripped apart by ghosts and each other, my military became desensitized from putting down their friends, and I was left with a content speardwarf, a kid, a mason and a craftdwarf.

Rebuilt from that, then got bored.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33354 on: March 01, 2014, 07:19:32 pm »

City Laborfords, 11th Opal 240; 149 dwarves

This would go so much faster if I wasn't so anal-retentive about cataloging each and every death as it happens in order. As it is, I'm going to set this aside for the day. 35 casualties and we're nowhere near done.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33355 on: March 01, 2014, 07:27:46 pm »

Galleywheels weathered another siege. Yawn.

Yeah, it was yet another troll rush into the atomsmasher, and in the end the longest part of it was the week of waiting until the last goblin stepped under the bridge. About 70 units. My dwarfs didn't really notice.

The harder part was getting rid of Sapi, the annoying icy forgotten beast (presumably with deadly dust) which wouldn't path into the forgotten beast trap. Not so easy to off one of those if you want to do it without spikes and it turns out artefact querns get casually toppled. Eventually i bugged its pathing via a hatch cover that was regularly opened and closed, luring it back and forth over a micro-minecart grinder (one cart, two ramps, perpetual motion) until its lower body parted company with the rest of it. It looks like only the the third cavern holds any forgotten beasts right now. At least it got me another slab for the hall of fame. There are a bunch of forgotten beasts memorialised there, and Sapi is the only one "killed by a vehicle", the others were all "killed by a flying object", which also happened to be copper minecarts. There are 1040 dead units listed by now, and about 900 of them are hostiles, five (?) citizens.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33356 on: March 01, 2014, 07:39:42 pm »

Well, problem resolved via judicious application of Dwarfperture Science Incineration Booths™. Oh, and the fort got it's first artifact!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.

moondowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33357 on: March 01, 2014, 07:47:41 pm »

Got an undead siege. It closely followed the arrival of the first dwarven caravan and consists of one elf corpse. Barely. Most of the guy is missing, anyway.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33358 on: March 02, 2014, 05:40:32 am »

I just flooded my workshop area trying to power a millstone so I could make dyes. What the hell is a quern? Apparently, a millstone that doesn't need power. I'm retarded.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33359 on: March 02, 2014, 08:25:30 am »

Year 4 of Doomed prison.

Again caravan was crushed by goblin attack but now 70% of it surrvived, there are constant attacks of goblin/kobold thiefs. And it seems like my fortress people will start tantruming if things dont go better.
Pages: 1 ... 2222 2223 [2224] 2225 2226 ... 3842