Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2214 2215 [2216] 2217 2218 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095776 times)

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33225 on: February 24, 2014, 02:54:17 am »

Party in a cell, what a teasing for that guy. :o

----------------

Just about over a year ago the Fortress Horrorbloods got founded by The Dead Mirrors.
Already now the first elected Major  is demanding more balista arrows than healthy for her.
And so far every single Goblin theif that got located got torn to shreds.

Still, i need something better in the future for an Fort with that name and reputation.
Dropchute of insta gibbation is already in the plans. Basic wapon and cagetraps are set up.
Not to many of course, still that's kinda dull...
Need an better idea...

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33226 on: February 24, 2014, 04:21:40 am »

Hamlet Pricetrades, Late Spring 204; 70 beards

... Vucar Holymanor is... officially a buggy little girl.

Spoiler: The shit. (click to show/hide)

Is that why she managed to distract the goblins so effectively? Because she technically isn't born yet?

Savegame. I should really report this bug, but I don't know what I should report it as...

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33227 on: February 24, 2014, 04:32:09 am »

Well, that was disturbing. The vampire got released from jail and I figured I'd draft him and order him to move to a pillbox I'd set up, with crossbow, clothing and plenty of ammo. But he went straight for the dormitories and drained another 2 dwarves! Whoops :)

So I had him chained up outside the Forgotten Beast flame pillbox instead. As soon as the bridge lowered he started running around like a madman, but he was chained to the ground so just went around in circles. Almost felt sorry for the poor bastard. Stozu took his time getting his flame on as usual but got him eventually with a couple of head-melting fireballs.

Here's a video... it was much more disturbing/amusing with a tileset but even ASCII captures the sheer panic.

Is that why she managed to distract the goblins so effectively? Because she technically isn't born yet?

Maybe she has zero size? What's the dwarven gestation period anyway? 100 days is more than nine months, so technically she might not have even been *conceived* yet :) And maths is not on my side right now..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:36:58 am by fortydayweekend »
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33228 on: February 24, 2014, 06:00:09 am »

Solonatek just suffered its first titan attack.it was a huge,blue flying insect which shot web.so i alerted my citizens back to the base,i walled my second entrance,i gathered military and started making some bone bolts.pretty standard stuff.in the meantime,the titan made very short work of some orcs and some obnoxious migrants,only suffering a fractured bone on one of its legs.and then,it went to attack a child.at first,it shot web.and then some more web.and then some more,some more,and i realized it continually spammed the same move.

seeing the opportunity to kill it without further casualties,i sent my(poorly trained and equipped,and with no war animals) military against it and pressed alert once more to make sure only them would move out of the fort.at first it went well.it spammed web all the time which,although it trapped my macedwarves,didn't do any damage.my marksdwarves took some pot shots to it with reasonable results.

and then,a tantruming dwarf murdered another dwarf in my fort.having closed the gate and with my captain of the guard webbed,they had no one to report the crime to,but i'll get into that later.

anyway,my marksdwarves quickly ran out of bolts,so instead of going and grabbing some more,they cried havoc and charged into the web...which the Armok damned insect kept spamming.eventually,the commander of the marksdwarves managed to break free and finally brought it down...by biting its neck and kicking its armored head(god,i love this game).

with the threat removed,i finally opened the gate...and then 150+ dwarves rushed from the gates into the (still webbed) captain to report the aforementioned murder.and for the next five minutes,virtually all my fort was stuck in the webbed area,continually spamming error messages.

i guess the titan got the last laugh,after all.

P.S:the funny thing is,since no one was able to reach the captain,the crime was eventually reported 10 minutes later by only two dwarves.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:02:29 am by than402 »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33229 on: February 24, 2014, 06:26:08 am »

Savegame. I should really report this bug, but I don't know what I should report it as...
Please elaborate on the buggy baby. Has she actually been born yet? first of all. Also, it is good to see that someone other than myself turns on female beards.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33230 on: February 24, 2014, 06:34:32 am »

Please elaborate on the buggy baby. Has she actually been born yet? first of all. Also, it is good to see that someone other than myself turns on female beards.

Her supposed birthday is 22nd Galena 204, but she arrived in the migrant wave in the mid-Summer of 203. It's now 26th Felsite 205 (in my save, not the uploaded one).  She is appearing as 1 year old and a child. She has an older brother born in 200, and two younger brothers born on 23 Felsite 204 and 24th Obsidian 204.

Also, how good is an artifact black bronze battle axe?

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33231 on: February 24, 2014, 06:37:52 am »

I guess that means unborn children are counted as historical figures or something? I don't know...

A black bronze battleaxe sounds pretty fuckin metal even if it isn't all that effective. What kinds of decorations does it have?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33232 on: February 24, 2014, 06:40:05 am »

I guess that means unborn children are counted as historical figures or something? I don't know...

A black bronze battleaxe sounds pretty fuckin metal even if it isn't all that effective. What kinds of decorations does it have?

"Cutcontained":
This is a black bronze battle axe.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encircled with bands of briolette cut purple spinels.  This object menaces with spikes of black bronze, morion and tanzanite.  On the item is an  image of a radiant cut gem in alpaca wool.  On the item is an  image of cedars in alabaster. 

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33233 on: February 24, 2014, 06:47:43 am »

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33234 on: February 24, 2014, 06:53:31 am »

-cackle-

Village Pricetrades, Early Summer 205; 86 beards

I'm building up the corner stair-scaffolding for the outer wall. Bo-ring. But useful.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33235 on: February 24, 2014, 06:56:14 am »

You cackle very easily. By the way, is this still the fort where the dragon incident took place? I haven't looked at this thread in a few weeks.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33236 on: February 24, 2014, 06:57:59 am »

You cackle very easily. By the way, is this still the fort where the dragon incident took place? I haven't looked at this thread in a few weeks.

Nah, this is a different one. Laborfords is sitting in a corner while I play with other forts. Also, Pricetrades' world has ten dragons instead of one, so I should be able to grab a breeding pair. Hopefully.

mieserb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33237 on: February 24, 2014, 07:01:18 am »

Sooo, I just built my very first Anti-Invader-Magma-Entrance.
Note to self: Hatches with Gneiss mechanisms will be destroyed by magma, which then floods your fortress.
Fortunatly, I was able to stop the magma flow before anyone was seriously injured. At least I didn't find any remains. Is it possible that Dorfs completly dissolve when magma is involved?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33238 on: February 24, 2014, 07:02:13 am »

Yes, magma will make them melt and leave no remains.

mieserb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33239 on: February 24, 2014, 07:05:59 am »

So no coffins, no "Urist McHorribleDeath was found molten"? They will be just missing? Maybe I should count my Dwarfs before playing with magma...
Pages: 1 ... 2214 2215 [2216] 2217 2218 ... 3842