Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2187 2188 [2189] 2190 2191 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095609 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #32820 on: February 02, 2014, 10:57:01 am »

You, in theory, could check with DFHack. The command is region-pops. I use region-pops list-all to see everything that can spawn.

Thanks!  Jabberers can spawn on my map after all!  I'm still not entirely sure how these numbers work, though.  Region pops listed jabberers at 17.  I take that to mean that I will only see a maximum of 17 if I kill or capture them.  However, what happens to the jabberers that wander off the map on their own?  Are they lost for good, or can they spawn again at some point in the future?

There's a script in DFHack to adjust population counts.

use: region-pops boost

You can up/down the # of anything that way.  region-pops ? will give you a list of the options.

Hmm, I managed to catch one GCS fort decades ago, but at one point accidentially butchered it and I've been trying to get more, but no signs of any, not even GCS webs. Maybe I can get more to spawn.

Edit: Hm, the region-pops says the number of GCS is 55 and that hasn't changed since I last checked which is around when I caught that first one.

Oh... oh jeeze. One of my miners has transformed. Into a Dwarf descending certain mountains. Oh geeze.

I had, a few minutes before, spotted 'non-euclidean rock' in between dr. David.

Huh?

As for what's going on in my fort, I just had a humanoid webshooting FB made of bronze (mutant Bronze Colossus?), which proved to be as difficult to kill as a BC, but really didn't put up a fight.

Too bad I can't melt down the FBs metal.....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:03:22 am by smjjames »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32821 on: February 02, 2014, 10:58:43 am »

Oh... oh jeeze. One of my miners has transformed. Into a Dwarf descending certain mountains. Oh geeze.
Huh?

Something from masterwork I'm guessing.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32822 on: February 02, 2014, 11:07:56 am »

Laborfords
1st Moonstone, 234

WELL. LET'S SEE IF ALL THIS WORK WAS FOR NAUGHT. (50/50 on which candy cane is noisy! Hey, if the trapped one is silent then nobody needs to die this month.)

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #32823 on: February 02, 2014, 11:08:22 am »

My fortress had a civil war in which there was one survivor, but  thought I could survive.

Of course, Forgotten Beast choose right then to find a way into my fortress. To save the last survivor, I custom profession named him "Stakebridge Survivor" and abandoned Stakebridge.

Then reclaimed. Oh Armok, the amount of friggin' GHOSTS! I managed to kill the FB at the loss of one dwarf and am now working to wall off a decent chunk of the surface for trees and strawberry wine. I currently have 6 drawbridges littered across the map, for some forgotten reason, and have yet to have "Stakebridge Survivor" return.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32824 on: February 02, 2014, 11:16:21 am »

If I had just escaped a fort that collapsed in on itself I wouldn't wanna come back either.

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32825 on: February 02, 2014, 11:18:18 am »

I just made my butcher my Chief Medical Dwarf and a Surgeon.
Now I permanently image him as the Medic from Team Fortress 2
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #32826 on: February 02, 2014, 11:18:53 am »

a little bit of backstory. this spearman was dropped from a shaft of enlightenment, but managed to drop its weapon. seeing no further use of it, I threw it into the pits.

For some reason, It was able to dodge all of the Cave crocodiles's attacks, and I had like twenty in there. I decided to cheat by sending some marksdwarves in there, but it finally died when it passed out from exhaustion. This doesn't make sense for me. it's still a spearman, which suggests no weapon skill increase, but it was able to dodge attacks like a war god. My guess is that the shaft processes weapon and shield skills separately.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32827 on: February 02, 2014, 11:29:17 am »

Laborfords
11th Moonstone, 234

Spoiler: Spoilerite! (click to show/hide)

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32828 on: February 02, 2014, 11:31:06 am »

Huh?

Something from masterwork I'm guessing.

It was a 'huh?' at the whole quote.

A bit earlier I had walled off the waters edge of the second cavern level which is like 80% water and screws FB pathing really badly and removed the walls I had put on the open parts of the map edge to let things spawn, but nothing seems to be spawning, other than pond grabbers that is. So, I'm going to remove the wall further up to try and get it working.

Also, there was a family of naked mole dogs which had decided to be stuck, but I didn't realize that they were until they gave birth to mole dog pups. Right after I got rid of them, a bunch of Draltha spawned.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32829 on: February 02, 2014, 11:35:08 am »

Erib, legendary Axedwarf enters a fey mood!
*checks showmood* Armorsmith, okay cool.
*forbids all metals except steel, dwarf doesn't get metal*
*checks showmood again, dwarf wants tin*

TIN??? You'd better make a shield..... You're lucky that you are part of my military and legendary as that, normally I would just lock the door while the dwarf is in the forge room if it was something like this.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #32830 on: February 02, 2014, 11:39:20 am »

did he make a shield?
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32831 on: February 02, 2014, 11:43:04 am »

The mood just started a couple minutes ago, hasn't started construction yet.

Edit: a tin cap, lol.....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:51:09 am by smjjames »

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32832 on: February 02, 2014, 12:17:25 pm »

Better luck next time!  I once had a mood during a busy time, so I didn't pay much attention to the workshop.  When I got the announcement, I was all excited for a gold hammer... then I read more closely and saw that it was a toy gold hammer :(.

Relicshield, pop. 154, Early Autumn of 356 (Year 105)

9 migrants arrived, including Commander Dishmab's father-in-law Zuntir Vesselbrain and Deler Anguishedpages's cousin Alath Manorcloistered. 

Captain Zan II conducted background checks on all the migrants, clearing all 9 off of her vampire checklist.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:29:32 pm by VerdantSF »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32833 on: February 02, 2014, 12:22:25 pm »

Better luck next time!  I once had a mood during a busy time, so I didn't pay much attention to the workshop.  When I got the announcement, I was all excited for a gold hammer... then I read more closely and saw that it was a toy gold hammer :(.

Relicshield, pop. 154, Early Autumn of 356 (Year 105)

9 migrants arrived, including Commander Dishmab's father-in-law Zuntir Vesselbrain and Deler Anguishedpages's cousin Alath Manorcloistered. 

Captain Zan II conducted background checks on all the migrants, clearing 8 off her list.  However, the fortress guards have been instructed to keep an eye on Iden Packsabre-Quakebands.

The thing is that the dwarf SPECIFICIALLY WANTED tin, not steel, not silver, not iron, no it absolutely HAD to be tin.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32834 on: February 02, 2014, 01:55:48 pm »

Pump stack efforts of Lizulwhatever, final entry.
Death toll:

1 idiot mason,
1 idiot miner,
4 screw pumps.

Bugger this, I'm just gonna go with "dig two holes on top of each other, fill one with magma, channel down from the top one". That always works, and only very usually results in fried miner.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity
Pages: 1 ... 2187 2188 [2189] 2190 2191 ... 3842