Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2185 2186 [2187] 2188 2189 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095434 times)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #32790 on: February 02, 2014, 02:00:57 am »

-snip-

I have 3493 bars of iron, 467 unrefined magnetite, 149 unrefined hematite, 926 bars of coke, 8 unrefined bituminous coal, and I haven't mined out all of any of that.

Do I have to release the jabberers on that sarcasm, young lady? :P

I have a repeating spike trap hallway. Bring it on.

... Wait, I completely misread that, I thought you were threatening invasion. What sarcasm? I really do have an obscene amount of magnetite, hematite, and bituminous coal, and I still haven't mined out all of it. 5 unmined magnetite blobs and unknown numbers of hematite and bitu. coal veins.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:03:44 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32791 on: February 02, 2014, 02:19:19 am »

It's possible that my map has the potential for jabberers, since I've breached the second and third caverns.  Unfortunately, I've only secured a small portion of the second cavern with a dragon outpost.  After one fb killed four of my adult dragons, I've been a bit paranoid about encroaching any further.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32792 on: February 02, 2014, 02:29:31 am »

-snip-

I have 3493 bars of iron, 467 unrefined magnetite, 149 unrefined hematite, 926 bars of coke, 8 unrefined bituminous coal, and I haven't mined out all of any of that.

... Wait, I completely misread that, I thought you were threatening invasion. What sarcasm? I really do have an obscene amount of magnetite, hematite, and bituminous coal, and I still haven't mined out all of it. 5 unmined magnetite blobs and unknown numbers of hematite and bitu. coal veins.

I appear to have misread you as well; I thought you meant that you'd traded for all of that ferrous delight.

It's possible that my map has the potential for jabberers, since I've breached the second and third caverns.  Unfortunately, I've only secured a small portion of the second cavern with a dragon outpost.  After one fb killed four of my adult dragons, I've been a bit paranoid about encroaching any further.

You, in theory, could check with DFHack. The command is region-pops. I use region-pops list-all to see everything that can spawn.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:31:06 am by Lolfail0009 »

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32793 on: February 02, 2014, 02:36:09 am »

-snip-

I appear to have misread you as well; I thought you meant that you'd traded for all of that ferrous delight.

Ahaaaa. I was gloating evilly and forgot to connect this to "if only we could trade between fortresses". I mean, I could basically ship out all the things. Well, not steel, I don't have flux, but I could trade iron to someone with flux layer stones but a severe lack of ferrous ores. Oh, it would be lovely... ah well.

In Laborfords, it's the 19th of Opal 233 and I've stuck Medtob Sprinkledlens in a romance suite with the five eligible bachelors who can compete for her hand. She barely knows any of them, but that'll change.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/A31BO1K.png is the state of affairs. The only actual new death is Mebzuth Hatchetwebs in the unpaired male column; everyone else is an old death that's been added into my catalogue. They're sorted by age descending year of birth ascending, then living status, and actually I think I might move dead units to the top and mix in half-dead pairs...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:48:53 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32794 on: February 02, 2014, 03:06:54 am »

Generated a new world (masterwork) and going through legends tracking the monarchy of the only dwarf civilization.

Frost giants have devastated the royal family(s). Every monarch and their entire family were killed by frost giants with 4 exceptions.

1)The current monarch
2)One king that died to a random frost drake.
3)The son of the original monarch who was abducted, escaped, and now lives with humans.
    and my personal favorite:
4) The daughter of the previous monarch. Was abducted by the frost giants. Eventually joined their civilization, and now has numerous legends entries along the lines of "Zagith murdered the frost giant..."   

Getting vengeance in her own way.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32795 on: February 02, 2014, 03:12:59 am »

So, I go through a massive process of setting up a lava dump, bridging it up as a FB trap, and any number of other items.

The FBs will walk right over a bridge that's down or up without interfering with it.  However, apparently I broke my bridges when there was no FB's on top of them to break them when I tried to raise them back up.  So their presence within 1 square of a bridge while raising it will break it, or something else that I haven't deduced yet.

Still, painful lesson.  Dammit.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32796 on: February 02, 2014, 03:27:22 am »

Laborfords
20th Obsidian, 233

-cracks knuckles- CHECKERBOARD TIME.

AKA: we're striking the candy-colored earth. I don't know who will be the sacrificial beard ambassador to the clowns, but it'll probably be an Abyssink. I have way too many of those already.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32797 on: February 02, 2014, 03:29:34 am »

You could dorf me as the sacrificial miner.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32798 on: February 02, 2014, 03:49:15 am »

You, in theory, could check with DFHack. The command is region-pops. I use region-pops list-all to see everything that can spawn.

Thanks!  Jabberers can spawn on my map after all!  I'm still not entirely sure how these numbers work, though.  Region pops listed jabberers at 17.  I take that to mean that I will only see a maximum of 17 if I kill or capture them.  However, what happens to the jabberers that wander off the map on their own?  Are they lost for good, or can they spawn again at some point in the future?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32799 on: February 02, 2014, 03:57:13 am »

Thanks!  Jabberers can spawn on my map after all!  I'm still not entirely sure how these numbers work, though.  Region pops listed jabberers at 17.  I take that to mean that I will only see a maximum of 17 if I kill or capture them.  However, what happens to the jabberers that wander off the map on their own?  Are they lost for good, or can they spawn again at some point in the future?

There are seventeen jabberers in existence in your area, and they will wander in and out of your map from time to time. I had a Skythe (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) wander in and out and the number never changed.

Also, only seventeen? I hate to brag, but I have over a hundred MORE for capturing, training, and 0:) benevolent frolicking amongst friends 0:)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:59:47 am by Lolfail0009 »

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32800 on: February 02, 2014, 04:13:42 am »

/sniffle :(.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32801 on: February 02, 2014, 04:19:44 am »

There's a script in DFHack to adjust population counts.

use: region-pops boost

You can up/down the # of anything that way.  region-pops ? will give you a list of the options.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32802 on: February 02, 2014, 04:38:05 am »

There's a script in DFHack to adjust population counts.

use: region-pops boost

You can up/down the # of anything that way.  region-pops ? will give you a list of the options.

Really? MOAR SKYTHES!

Edit: It multiplys... :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 04:39:44 am by Lolfail0009 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32803 on: February 02, 2014, 04:46:13 am »

I have found I despise horses in this game with every fiber of my being.

Drecon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32804 on: February 02, 2014, 04:49:49 am »

One of my dwarves just died from a wound to the finger...
I didn't have anything set up yet and just when this dorf needed water... everything froze over.

I guess that's the main disadvantage to embarking without a pick.

Also: I'm going to be needing a well.
Pages: 1 ... 2185 2186 [2187] 2188 2189 ... 3842