Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2168 2169 [2170] 2171 2172 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095247 times)

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #32535 on: January 28, 2014, 02:13:24 am »

My current fort, Goldpraised (Limullibad), is quite promising. Set in a terrifying glacier with some patches of untamed wilds tundra, plenty of iron and flux, magma at zlevel -30ish, evil huskifying mist.

The starting seven are a great bunch.
1) A smug, suave, luxury-loving, secretly insecure former speardwarf weaponsmith that likes large roaches for their ability to disgust.
2) A dependable, assertive, coolheaded but with a wild imagination metalsmith, that likes great white sharks for their ability to make one afraid to go into the water. Totally picturing her and the weaponsmith as nightmare fetishists, they're already friends.
3) A schlubby, methodical, change-hating tanner and butcher. He's got your back if you need him, but he'd rather be left to tend to his herd of pigs.
4) An arrogant, egotistical thrill-seeking metalcrafter and furnace operator, in it only for herself. She already grudged the weaponsmith, the metalsmith and the woodworker, and barely knows the other three.
5) A stern, solitary, brilliant yet close-minded woodworker, the oldest of the group, worshipping a deity of art and beauty in spite of not being interested in art. He already grudged the leader, and the metalcrafter, as said above, everyone else is a long-term acquaintance to him.
6) A mason and architect, quite the strong silent type, with the soul of an artisan. Friends with the leader.
7) A rather affable, lacking confidence but definitely not a pushover armorsmith and leader, that when possible prefers to consume beetles (I HAD TO give her skills to try and make her leader when I read that).

What could go wrong?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32536 on: January 28, 2014, 03:18:09 am »

~Trumpetone~

"LOCK THE GATE!" "DON'T LET IT THROUGH!" "WE SHALL NOT FALL!"

These cries among others were called throughout the fortress at the arrival of a horrific Mega Spawn, courtesy of Pokemon XYZ Spearbreakers. Yet our pride was our downfall; we were so sure that our gate was barred that we'd forgotten to link the caravan port's bridge. The monster came rushing through, annihilating anything it came across. In one week, our fortress was left empty, except for one; Terratsuyo, who triggered a cage trap and was rushed to the animal stockpile without the hauler checking who, or what, was in the cage. Now, terrified, Terratsuyo waits in the cage, safe in the hidden animal stockpile from the monster, with only a smug elf for company.

(New fortress time! I love this game!)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:31:07 am by Lolfail0009 »

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32537 on: January 28, 2014, 04:17:33 am »

Managed to save a game of Hoistedlens - Whatever is causing the crashes appears to be happening at some point mid-season. Still haven't figured it out, though.

So, knowing that the file wasn't actually corrupt, I copied the folder, abandoned the fort in the copy, and checked my legends for the heck of it. Unrelated to my fort, but there is a zombie dragon running around out there somewhere.  :o

I didn't know that was a thing the history generator could do...
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32538 on: January 28, 2014, 04:36:52 am »

Third fort in two (maybe three) days; Umbralzenith!

Starting Seven (now in Welsh!):
  • Cysgod
  • Tywyllwch
  • Cyfnos
  • Nos
  • Wedi Syrthio
  • Torri
  • Am Byth

Mustn't... stop... until... successful... fort!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32539 on: January 28, 2014, 05:23:54 am »

• Cysgod
  • Tywyllwch
  • Cyfnos
  • Nos
  • Wedi Syrthio
  • Torri
  • Am Byth

Hope you brought a railgun and some slugs. That was the only way I survived my first run in with a megaspawn.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32540 on: January 28, 2014, 05:27:15 am »

• Cysgod
  • Tywyllwch
  • Cyfnos
  • Nos
  • Wedi Syrthio
  • Torri
  • Am Byth

Hope you brought a railgun and some slugs. That was the only way I survived my first run in with a megaspawn.

[CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC:1]
      [IMMOBILE]
      [SPEED:1000000000000000000]

Another one came to this fort, so I'll stick to slightly cheating in the first summer, thanks :P

But seriously, I need to have words with the RNG.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:28:55 am by Lolfail0009 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32541 on: January 28, 2014, 05:28:38 am »

• Cysgod
  • Tywyllwch
  • Cyfnos
  • Nos
  • Wedi Syrthio
  • Torri
  • Am Byth

[CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC:1]
      [IMMOBILE]
      [SPEED:1000000000000000000]

I'll stick to slightly cheating in the first summer, thanks :P

But seriously, I need to have words with the RNG.

Aww come on, don't trust a gunner to knock those big bastards down?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32542 on: January 28, 2014, 06:09:08 am »

-snip-
Aww come on, don't trust a gunner to knock those big bastards down?

No, I really don't. Sorry, but your evil death machines are now kawaii-as-fuck plushies.

~Umbralzenith~

The first year has passed with only a minor incursion by a dreaded MegaSpawn, which slew all of our war dogs and chased an alpaca up north before an... avatar of some sort, wearing strikingly radiant gauntlets, came down in a flash of lightning, spread his arms and shouted something in an otherworldly language. The MegaSpawn began to writhe in pain (or was it fear?) as it shrunk to the size of a plump helmet. One of the merchant guards casually beheaded it and punted the corpse into our stockpile as he was leaving for the Mountainhome.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32543 on: January 28, 2014, 08:43:38 am »

I dug too deep... who could have known that the first vein i find, inthe caverns, is "the one"?
Oh if you had built that one single piece of wall instead of deciding to have a drink, dear miner... all of you could have been saved.

Right now, 90% of the fortress is slain, burned, ripped apart, torn to pieces or worse, and a Gecko-diety diplomat that can breathe fire is duking it out with the ones from below.
So far, she has scored 5 kills, but everything in her body is broken.

I have 2 walled in vampires, one of which is insane after a failed mood, so technically i could reclaim.

If the Gecko-Deity wins, however unlikely that would be, i could even recover with the one sane vampire.

I love this game.
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32544 on: January 28, 2014, 08:46:11 am »

A turncoat demon fighting against her ancient brethren for the surface peoples that worship her? That's fucking awesome.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32545 on: January 28, 2014, 08:59:26 am »

Too bad theres not many surface dwellers left...

One child and the major are pushed endlessly by steam fiends who fail to penetrate their pig tail clothes, but eventually they will expire somehow.
The deity is having a fire breathing duel with a snail fiend that will likely last until the stars fade because neither can harm the other...

And through all this, the sane vampire sits in his cell, on his chair, being quite content.
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

ElFlaco

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32546 on: January 28, 2014, 10:39:33 am »

Berossus, that story deserves to be immortalized in a comic strip or grand piece of art! It's so much *fun* I'm about to cry tears of joy!

Meanwhile, not quite what's going on but what should probably go on should I embark to this site I found.

However, I'm not sure if the rules of the forum allow for me to share the screen cap with you. Judging by the name of the brook crossing the site, something really, really randy happened in that place!  :D

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #32547 on: January 28, 2014, 11:54:09 am »

However, I'm not sure if the rules of the forum allow for me to share the screen cap with you. Judging by the name of the brook crossing the site, something really, really randy happened in that place!  :D

There's entire threads dedicated to sharing the innuendos the funny names the game's name generator generates. A screenshot of a site with a brook with a really lewd name couldn't be worse than those threads filled with Urist Sackchasmses and Stubok Danglenutses.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

ElFlaco

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32548 on: January 28, 2014, 12:13:44 pm »

I guess there's little harm then, here:

This popped up as first hit in the search:

As I put it in the facebook page, what happens in that brook, stays in that brook!   :D

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32549 on: January 28, 2014, 01:03:30 pm »

I play 10 fortress in this month.
end with first siege of undead.(I lower the bridge for fun) 8) =1 time
end with flood =5 times.(I don't like land so I flood it)
end with everyone become enemy of everyone*(I don't really know about it) = 4 times...
Sorry for Grammar.
Pages: 1 ... 2168 2169 [2170] 2171 2172 ... 3842