Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2144 2145 [2146] 2147 2148 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096563 times)

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #32175 on: January 09, 2014, 06:52:07 pm »

My fortress made it up to 134 dwarves last night, and I'd almost completed my WALL IN THE OUTSIDE AREAS SO WE DON'T DIE campaign when siegers came in through one of the two remaining holes. I have 23 dwarves now, but they're actually doing well at burying the dead. Which in my fortresses is always a questionable task.
My hubby got me into DF...then abandoned his for MineCraft.
Husband has been possessed!
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.

Bonesinger

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32176 on: January 09, 2014, 08:30:42 pm »

The vampire goblin king of my civ just arrived at my fortress with his entourage of 4 legendary marksdwarves.
With the bug of other races being considered like pets, i've caged him with my two tame dragons, though I am seriously thinking he should have a tour through my Pit o' Fallin' so I can get to know the next king

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32177 on: January 09, 2014, 10:21:59 pm »

Dwarf-to-zombie ratio is 15:28, and the caravan just made it inside unscathed.

I am tempted to trap a sponge man right arm sponge to eventually use for crossbow training. It's a tie between that or using a bunny-geddon for training.
Also plan to puppy drop my militia into apathy, so that the axedwarves can start farming various horse hairs and cow skins.

Magma is deep, and I haven't found it yet. Working towards a magma drop to prepare for the inevitable horde.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32178 on: January 09, 2014, 10:58:34 pm »

bunnygeddon?  Sounds slow and tedious.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32179 on: January 10, 2014, 01:52:10 am »

Three goblin ambushes in a row, then elf merchants resulted in way too many deaths and the entertaining sight of a goblin horde chasing a single elf around for a while. Eventually the goblins fled after their general got a hurt arm.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32180 on: January 10, 2014, 02:32:52 am »

My military survived two sieges by staying inside and not diving off the magma bridge.

I finally sent them out to deal with a minotaur. The swordsdwarf immediately cut off both its arms, kicked it in the throat, and now the whole squad is chasing the monster around the map, Benny Hill style.

At least the minotaur is now 'armless... :)

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32181 on: January 10, 2014, 03:19:18 am »

Record of Ūzzuglar.
Kept by Tulon Tiristerith, its Champion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32182 on: January 10, 2014, 09:17:07 am »

The vampire goblin king of my civ just arrived at my fortress with his entourage of 4 legendary marksdwarves.
With the bug of other races being considered like pets, i've caged him with my two tame dragons, though I am seriously thinking he should have a tour through my Pit o' Fallin' so I can get to know the next king

Royal succession doesn't work in this version.

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32183 on: January 10, 2014, 10:31:39 am »

Wait, so you're saying that you could kill the royal family and your civilization would be leaderless? All future embarks would not be able to become mountainhome?
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32184 on: January 10, 2014, 10:49:55 am »

Why am I getting migrants when my migrant cap is at 40? Sheesh. You guys come when there's a bunch of zombies and goblins standing about. Lost only three of the slags because I've been digging out a side access tunnel (had to rush it though.) Just gonna let you guys know, I will not retrieve your corpses.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32185 on: January 10, 2014, 01:31:11 pm »

Wait, so you're saying that you could kill the royal family and your civilization would be leaderless? All future embarks would not be able to become mountainhome?

You can mountainhome, you just lose your baron or whatever.  The king can still be enticed to arrive.

Bonesinger

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32186 on: January 10, 2014, 01:31:44 pm »

Huh, turns out my goblin king was a mass murderer before being crowned, sort of.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All those dwarf kills afterwards, I guess he declared war against all other dwarven civs.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32187 on: January 10, 2014, 02:14:52 pm »

It's Groundhog Day in the fort whose name I never even thought to look at. A kobold thief got caught in the soil level, and decided to run straight through the locked door into my magma pump stack. Which wouldn't have bothered me, except that he then changed his mind and ran back, trailing flames, straight into the thick cave moss floor. Which is where my entire food industry, livestock and all, resides. Just before the first booze pot started to boil, the seasonal save hit.

Problem is, as soon as the whole room burns down and the last flame goes out, Dwarf Fortress crashes.

Watching the busy soil layer burn is kind of fascinating. I've done it several times now. There are ways out on three sides, and it turns out that livestock are pretty good at finding places to run--way better than dwarves chased by enemies, that's for sure. There's also an animal stockpile with a number of goblins and two minotaurs there; inevitably, one minotaur survives the wall of fire and escapes its cage, then is shot to death by an archer. I have no idea why the archer is there, besides that he can ignore the "stay on stone" burrow I set up. I'll have to check his preferences and see if it says "likes schorl, mittens, and smoke inhalation."

I guess I'll try using DFHack Liquids to douse the flames, to see if I can get past the crash. I'd hate to lose the fort to a bug.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32188 on: January 10, 2014, 02:21:48 pm »

Butchering cats. Butchered Catten the cave dragon. Oops.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32189 on: January 10, 2014, 03:08:11 pm »

You can mountainhome, you just lose your baron or whatever.  The king can still be enticed to arrive.

Except that there is no king/queen because nobody replaced them. This will change next version though.
Pages: 1 ... 2144 2145 [2146] 2147 2148 ... 3842