Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2128 2129 [2130] 2131 2132 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097771 times)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #31935 on: December 14, 2013, 08:20:17 pm »

Orbeagles
10th Galena, 207

And it only took, what, six years? Jeez, FBs, get it together.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31936 on: December 15, 2013, 12:33:35 am »

Orbeagles

I know it's Orb Eagles, but I like to think of it as Or Beagles!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31937 on: December 15, 2013, 12:53:51 am »

Orbeagles

Please report to the retracting bridges for your emergency military assignment. And get me brain bleach while you're out, would you? I can't unsee that and it's massively undermining the majesty of the fort name.

Orbeagles
12th Limestone, 208

With a legendary armorer (via mood) and weaponsmith (via Armok only knows how many menacing iron spikes), Orbeagles is on its way to actually having an equipped militia. Eventually. Also there are three FBs in my basements now.

(13th Slate, 208)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:55:52 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31938 on: December 15, 2013, 12:54:32 am »

Orbeagles

Orr Beagles?!  Damn you Zhaitan, is nothing sacred?!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31939 on: December 15, 2013, 03:39:18 am »

The short answer is no. The long answer is also no.

For my fortress, I was inspired by a post in the "Share Your Funny Stories With Me!" thread to make a very segregated fortress: peasants on the surface, common craftsmen in the stone below, and nobility in the depths, with varying living conditions between them.

Two years in and that has yet to be set up properly: only the surface area for peasants has been set up, and goblin ambushes and thieves have caused several deaths. Now, I only had a tiny little meeting area, so the dwarves all became great friends with one-another, and there was virtually nothing to improve their moods, so these deaths resulted in a little tantrum spiral that caused several more dwarves to die. It's over by now, luckily, and migrants arrived to replace the dead.

Currently excavating the common craftsdwarf areas.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31940 on: December 15, 2013, 09:55:41 am »

´´ Wear your pants, filthy peasant! Wear your goddamn pants! ´´
´´ Look, i pressed the to-be-medical dwarf into clothesmaking service! He made silk trousers! SILK. TROUSERS. Do you know how many year's salaries these would cost for you? Ofcourse you don't, you filthy peon!´´

´´Me lord! Dis is unacceptebol! I am all uncovered!´´
´´Then wear the trousers!´´
´´No me lord! I will tantrum now.´´

matskuman5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31941 on: December 15, 2013, 10:12:58 am »

Yo dawg, so we heard you like statues, so we put a statue in your statue so you can admire while you admire.

CHR1SZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31942 on: December 15, 2013, 11:57:19 am »

Am playing my second ever fortress, and notice a giant olm in the caverns. I look this thing up, and the wiki says it's highly dangerous, so I order everyone out of the caverns. About an hour later I notice some Prepared Giant Olm Intestines in my stock, so I check the reports page to see what went on, fearing the worst. ONE LINE of combat report awaits me:

The flying acacia bolt strikes the Giant Olm in the head, piercing the skull and tearing the brain!

Basically, this hunter, with level 2 marksdwarfship has stolen some TRAINING AMMO, gone down where I told him not to go and CASUALLY SNIPED this FUCKING MASSIVE LIZARD!! WHY CAN'T MY SOLDIERS DO THAT?!!
It's all very epic. Jump off a tower towards a spike pit, and at the last moment attempt to parry the planet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31943 on: December 15, 2013, 12:01:56 pm »

Well, its a giant salamander, not a lizard, but whatever.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31944 on: December 15, 2013, 01:53:40 pm »

Dude, giant olms are not something to triffle with. They will chase down dorfs AND MURDER THEM. I've had to conscript a spear militia quite a few times to drive one from the fortress staircase.

Note, spear militias are best militias.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31945 on: December 15, 2013, 02:08:08 pm »

I had a carpenter get moody, who then forced me to get scared as I learned how to convert sheep into "yarn cloth", which she then took and made a grate with, using the cloth to create an image of a book written by a moose demon as a set of like five books, the demon being imprisoned and having nothing else to do.

The book's name is "More Deformity."

She lived, but the fort fell to dehydration. raining goblin blood isn't exactly drinkable.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31946 on: December 15, 2013, 02:51:42 pm »

I had a carpenter get moody, who then forced me to get scared as I learned how to convert sheep into "yarn cloth", which she then took and made a grate with, using the cloth to create an image of a book written by a moose demon as a set of like five books, the demon being imprisoned and having nothing else to do.

The book's name is "More Deformity."

She lived, but the fort fell to dehydration. raining goblin blood isn't exactly drinkable.

Hah. Raining goblin blood is entertaining, though!

Orbeagles
9th Timber, 208

That makes four. -rubs hands together in glee-

Edit, 10th Opal:

1. The military minions are doing individual training drills now that I've given them their weapons and told them to have at it. AW YISSSS

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:46:20 pm by Lielac »

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31947 on: December 15, 2013, 03:48:00 pm »

Someone tell me why the caravan didn't bring wagons and didn't show up on the edge of the map in the caverns, but rather on the far corner of the surface level?

The whole 'not bringing wagons' thing is pissing me off. I heard the caravan can arrive through the caves, so why...?
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31948 on: December 15, 2013, 03:53:33 pm »

Caravans can only leave through the caverns, not arrive.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31949 on: December 15, 2013, 04:11:19 pm »

Orbeagles
17th Obsidian, 208

Meh.

Edit, 18th Slate 209:

Jeez. I leave DF running while I go off to do something else and I come back to another monstrous dinosaur.

Edit2, 17th Felsite:

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 06:09:48 pm by Lielac »

Pages: 1 ... 2128 2129 [2130] 2131 2132 ... 3842