Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2113 2114 [2115] 2116 2117 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099561 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #31710 on: December 04, 2013, 12:06:01 am »

Splint, they come every season. I know because a. The wiki and b. Masterwork. Specifically, Orc fortress.

I based that off of the raws having winter as the active season (I was under the impression active season was just "caravans active." for regular DF.)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31711 on: December 04, 2013, 12:07:48 am »

Razoract
12th Felsite, 214

Sweet! Elves!

Who wants to bet there's a goblin ambush waiting for them?

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31712 on: December 04, 2013, 12:13:34 am »

Well, okay, I retract saying I know, I am under the impression thatztheyxcome every season. Anyone got Toady's number?  :P He could settle this pretty quick.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31713 on: December 04, 2013, 12:17:21 am »

Vanilla goblins have all four seasons active. I personally set mine to just Winter. Less annoying for me that way, there were a few forts where I was just receiving non-stop attacks from them. If it were possible, I'd have wiped out their entire population several times over in one long-standing fort of mine.

I have other personal annoyances modded in, just so it doesn't get too dull.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31714 on: December 04, 2013, 12:22:58 am »

Razoract
22nd Felsite, 214

An ambush! Skulking vermin!

Oh, great. Now I'm going to have to forbid all the dead elven crap or pitch it in the lava. Wonderful. There's blood all over the trade depot now.

Edit, 23rd Felsite:

Two THREE FOUR more squads of kobolds have shown up. GO AWAY YOU STUPID VERMIN

On the other hand, the elves are out of the trade depot. CLOSE THE GATE
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:25:21 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31715 on: December 04, 2013, 12:24:58 am »

Razoract
12th Felsite, 214

Sweet! Elves!

2 shillings and sovereign.

Damn it.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31716 on: December 04, 2013, 12:34:01 am »

Razoract
12th Felsite, 214

Sweet! Elves!

2 shillings and sovereign.

Damn it.

Heeehehehehe. I was right about there being an ambush, just not what kind.

Edit, 14th Hematite:

So a three-year-old made this.

Note the image. Quite dwarfy, innit? Woodcrafting is utterly useless, but whatever.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:37:28 am by Lielac »

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31717 on: December 04, 2013, 01:11:33 am »

Abbeycreep had another FB
It came in from the second cavern layer, in the water, near the section I was excavating to get the cavern to 100% visibility

And then an FB appears, poison spewing in the form of a loon
So it flies
It was in the first cavern, and I thought I was safe
I forgot there was a diagnol tile I hadn't closed up
It got in, and took the main staircase, which I hate because I'd been trying to use ramps for better pathing, but due to dumb dwarves, I had to use stairs "here and there"

This FB's Syndrome
Guess what FUN it is???
Bleeding.
Instant bleeding. Even the smallest drop causes bleeding all over methinks.

We lost a cat first, that fought the FB for a few seconds, and then succumbed to blood loss
As did 6 others in the fort of 69
THEN, after it died, we started finding corpses, like my legendary boneworker, and a few others who were useful, who were part of the 6 dead
And then my first master lasher died, who had just killed Uzbad in three hits

Which is pretty great, because I ended up, well I took their whips away to train their shield using, and armor using in the danger zone
So, I forgot to equip it again, I mean, maybe they had their whips, but probably not.

So Abbeycreep just plummeted to 62, at best.
Oh yeah, our militia is 1 person strong, if they survive the bleeding.
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31718 on: December 04, 2013, 01:30:31 am »

Razoract
17th Timber, 214

Dwarven caravan! Excellent! Hopefully there aren't any kobolds in the trade tunnel...

Edit: Nope, the trade went swimmingly. And, on the 18th of Obsidian...

-sigh- Bo-ring. I really ought to get around to shredding them at some point. Unfortunately, I haven't any sand...

Edit2, 7th Granite 215:

Oh SHIT. Apparently Razorgranite has an aquifer, which the embark screen didn't mention or I wouldn't have embarked here fourteen Uristyears ago. WELL THAT MAKES THIS IDEA OF MINE TO MAKE THE OBSOLETE "TRAP" ENTRANCE INTO A DROPPING PIT SOMEWHAT MORE DIFFICULT.

Edit3, 19th Felsite: Aquifer was dealt with handily, pit was finished being dug, elves popped up on the 16th, and today...

MEH.

Edit4, 19th Galena:

THEY ARE LITERALLY SHOWING UP JUST AS THE LAST ONE LEAVES NOW. JESUS FUCKING CRAP. What's next, a double event? (Except here, the Wall actually works...)

Edit5, 24th Sandstone:

Well! The spike pit was a resounding success. The goblins might disagree, but personally I found it quite satisfying to have carefully timed lever pulls drop them 7 urists onto upright spears and then watch as they dragged themselves back up again to try again when I unretracted the bridges. It's a pity they have to go, really, I was having so much fun!

Edit6, 18th Timber:

Oh, for Pete's sake.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 04:51:01 am by Lielac »

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #31719 on: December 04, 2013, 06:37:17 am »

I had a little dumping mishap, so a few haulers got injured by falling clothes. My duchess, who is incredibly tough and very strong picked up three dwarfs at once and put them all in the same bed. She's the best.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31720 on: December 04, 2013, 08:44:49 am »

Razoract
16th Hematite, 216

The Happy Fun Spike Pit is working wonderfully. The failsafe lever is being used to great effect for the purposes of congratulating the kobold ambush that took out the elven caravan, and I await Goblin Christmas for maximum entertainment. MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31721 on: December 04, 2013, 08:56:06 am »

Lielac, are you gonna implement a magma purge to the pit to clean up the troll fur thongs and such, leaving only delicious iron?
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31722 on: December 04, 2013, 09:01:41 am »

Lielac, are you gonna implement a magma purge to the pit to clean up the troll fur thongs and such, leaving only delicious iron?

Mmmmmm maybe. I'd have to replace all the copper spears with iron or better, and the pump stack would cut into the sleeping quarter level -- which takes up all of the level below the bottom of the pit -- so I'd have to work around it, and I'd have to work around the two caverns...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31723 on: December 04, 2013, 09:04:25 am »

Sound like too much of a pain in the butt. But then, so does trying to build an above ground fort. So... Many... Blocks!!!!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31724 on: December 04, 2013, 09:14:19 am »

Sound like too much of a pain in the butt. But then, so does trying to build an above ground fort. So... Many... Blocks!!!!

Megaprojecty, yeah.

Razoract
18th Galena, 216

Snatcher! Protect the children!

... Bored. HURRY UP, GOBLINMAS!

Edit, 22nd Galena:

An ambush! Curse them!

Now that's more like it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:17:08 am by Lielac »

Pages: 1 ... 2113 2114 [2115] 2116 2117 ... 3842