Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2112 2113 [2114] 2115 2116 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099785 times)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #31695 on: December 03, 2013, 07:57:05 pm »

Razoract
12th Obsidian, 212

What, again? Great, now I won't get to trade with the elves because I'll have goblins in the entrance tunnel again.

Also, I am greatly amused by the number of 12s here.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31696 on: December 03, 2013, 07:59:07 pm »

Finally get back into a fort I'd left midseige. I am greeted by the Swordlords Umamvucar and Ilral chopping merrily away at a group of warwolves with their swords while a hunter named Edum failed to heed the danger and went and got himself killed by another group that was making it's way to a death hall manned by hellfire turrets. Thankfully he'd left two children behind, one already destined to enter the ranks of the Silverforest army. A third could potentially be on the way.

As I finished the above, I looked back to see the two swordlords are standing triumphant over the pile of shredded corpses that were allegedly once warwolves, and Edum is now disassembled in a manner best avoided, while our guardian is busy finishing the last survivor of an ill fated warlock band's raid, viciously bludgeoning her with a steel shield taken from a pandashi sergeant several months earlier. The other group meanwhile, stupidly rushes into the hellfire tunnel chasing a mole weasel, the pet of the now dead hunter. Many warwolves were near instantly incinerated as a result, leaving piles of ash behind at best, but still one charged onwards, passing the flames unscathed by some miracle.

The militia commander Birut is heading down to stop that bastard. Here's hoping a master hammerdwarf can match a warwolf blademaster...

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31697 on: December 03, 2013, 09:19:22 pm »

Razoract
13th Felsite, 213

Yay! Elves! C'MERE I NEED TO STEAL ALL YOUR CLOTH

Edit: Oh, that's riiiiight, I ran out of logs due to creating an abundance of beds so they're bringing wood! HUZZAH

Edit2, 16th Felsite:

ERUSH ERALMAT, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?

Edit3:
... oh. Right. Elves. I don't trade with them, I steal from them.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:24:00 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31698 on: December 03, 2013, 09:27:47 pm »

Close to a dozen kids came of age following the battle, and one child actually took part in the fight, blasting a warwolf officer with a fireball (the child was born with the fire of his people in him. Literally.) The fight is done, but there were several hospitalizations due to warlock witchery that one inflicted on those sent to kill her, but this has since been dealt with.

A pet ram was also killed by the last warwolf in the area who clearly didn't get the memo that all his fellows were dead, fled, or dying. Vengeance was swift. I noted that Edum the hunter's killed was incinerated, having been the first one into the hellfire tunnel and of course getting a face full of fire for his action.

A glassmaker went fey and as a legendary glassmaker would have been a great asset (due to some of my buildings needing windows,) I went about getting a second furnace up to provide him with the green glass I suspected he'd need. only then did I realize the great error: We had no sand. Neither salvaged from wrecked or purchased from unmolested caravans. Nor available in the upper layers, instead having only peat, more peat, and fireclay. So the miners dug down desperately, hoping to hit a mossy cavern, which they did; turns out the last expansion stopped just two z's above a possible breakthrough point, and several woodcutters and herbalists quickly descended into the place, knocking down giant shrooms and ripping up shrubs looking for even a single patch of sand to no avail.

It is hoped he goes berserk, if only so that one of the bladesdwarves will be able to end his misery quickly.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31699 on: December 03, 2013, 09:45:48 pm »

Razoract
7th Malachite, 213

The elves had a leopard. It is now a war leopard. Also, an engraver has been taken by a fey mood. She's already legendary...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31700 on: December 03, 2013, 09:53:54 pm »

Well, he went stark raving mad. When he finally kicks it he'll be leaving behind a good sized family of 5 (his wife and mostly adult children who camne of age one after another for the last couple years.)

Oh well. A couple deaths won't impact much of anything. Kinda wondering what the hell I can do to have these large numbers of people do something useful besides suck up the plentiful food and drink and socialize, though some have bright futures as soldiers, battlemages, and medics.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31701 on: December 03, 2013, 10:03:38 pm »

Razoract
18th Galena, 213

Whatever. There aren't any humans in this world anyway.

Edit:

19th Timber, 213

SWEET MERCIFUL ARMOK THE LAST ONE JUST LEFT
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:36:26 pm by Lielac »

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31702 on: December 03, 2013, 11:14:32 pm »

Razoract
18th Galena, 213

Edit:

19th Timber, 213

That happened to me 4 times in one year. The last siege was lead by a demon which has a syndrome dust that caused partial blindness and sleep. We hammered the skulls of sleeping goblins : )
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31703 on: December 03, 2013, 11:31:15 pm »

Goblins don't have an "off" season, they're active year round. They can come anytime, which can be annoying.

On the other hand, in the rare (or modded) instance where they are friendly, and have access to beasts of burden, a caravan of merchants could come to trade. Every. Season.

I'd prefer it the way it is, personally.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31704 on: December 03, 2013, 11:33:27 pm »

Coulda sworn their caravans (on those odd occassions,) were restricted to winter.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31705 on: December 03, 2013, 11:34:23 pm »

Razoract
18th Galena, 213

Edit:

19th Timber, 213

That happened to me 4 times in one year. The last siege was lead by a demon which has a syndrome dust that caused partial blindness and sleep. We hammered the skulls of sleeping goblins : )

Hahaha, neat. I just close the outer gate and wait for them to get bored.

Razoract
1st Granite, 214

A tragedy, if an expected one, has befallen our fair settlement.

Spoiler: Two images! (click to show/hide)

Aban's daughter Dodok has not migrated to Razoract, so we will not be able to send word of her father's passing until the next dwarven caravan. May his soul be with Uzol and united with the hornblende he so loves.

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31706 on: December 03, 2013, 11:42:53 pm »

-snip-
Aban's daughter Dodok has not migrated to Razoract, so we will not be able to send word of her father's passing until the next dwarven caravan. May his soul be with Uzol and united with the hornblende he so loves.

wait, he lost his upper body? I don't follow.
Everything's in the news today

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31707 on: December 03, 2013, 11:45:17 pm »

-snip-

No, that's just a thing that happens when you look at any dead unit. I went through the relations of somebody who had complained of losing a friend to tragedy lately so I could get Aban's thoughts and prefs screen.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31708 on: December 03, 2013, 11:47:01 pm »

-snip-

Pretty sure that's just a standard thing for a dead unit to display when it is examined. I know that in the raws, the upper body is the anchor that the rest of the body is attached to, so if it is missing, then everything is.

Coulda sworn their caravans (on those odd occassions,) were restricted to winter.

I'd test that, but it's a bit late for me to do so right now. I might try tomorrow.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31709 on: December 03, 2013, 11:50:57 pm »

Splint, they come every season. I know because a. The wiki and b. Masterwork. Specifically, Orc fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 2112 2113 [2114] 2115 2116 ... 3842