Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1984 1985 [1986] 1987 1988 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6094661 times)

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #29775 on: June 25, 2013, 03:25:52 pm »

A vampire queen just arrived.
She has 18,000 kills. I guess that's pretty much since she is only 92 Years old.
She killed more than 14,000 dwarves in a place called Bridgedheaven.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't know whether I should lock her up, or just let her feast on my dwarves. ;)
Sounds quite a bit like what happened to me, only your Queen is cooler. ;D
I'm letting my Queen be the new Vampire Dwarf Overlord.  Not only did she take the Queen spot, she also made herself Mayor and is ordering me to make mittens. 

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #29776 on: June 25, 2013, 06:33:25 pm »

Farewell Reptile Man Elekem (Paleinches), slayer of 3 forgotten beasts.

So if I'm interpreting this right, badass lizardman Elekem decides to jump straight up and kung-fu kick the forgotten beast flying right over him in the face. The beast's head implodes quite expectedly from such a feat of awesome, only for the now not-flying corpse to fall and coincidentally land right on top of Elekem's own head, crippling him in the process as he fails his landing and hits the ground.

Karma is not kind to the kickass, I guess. RIP awesome lizard dude, you're kicking Armok's face in in Valhalla now.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29777 on: June 25, 2013, 08:28:20 pm »

Fortressbowel has been plagued by kobold ambushes of late and those bowmen they bring are awfully op. So it is my understanding that chained dogs at the entrance can detect the kobolds? what if I don't have dogs, but llamas and alpacas, can I use those as kobold alarms?

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29778 on: June 25, 2013, 08:33:33 pm »

Fortressbowel has been plagued by kobold ambushes of late and those bowmen they bring are awfully op. So it is my understanding that chained dogs at the entrance can detect the kobolds? what if I don't have dogs, but llamas and alpacas, can I use those as kobold alarms?
Yep, any tame animal.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29779 on: June 25, 2013, 08:39:41 pm »

I have a pasture at the only entrance to my fort that holds any dogs (and puppies) not assigned to folks.  Usually they are trained war dogs, depending on how much time I've had.  Even if the kobolds sneak past anyone going in or out the main gate (usually hunters and wood cutters), the dogs take off after them as soon as they get close.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29780 on: June 25, 2013, 08:45:46 pm »

How about a goblin prisoner? would it fight the kobolds?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29781 on: June 25, 2013, 08:51:05 pm »

If it had to probably. Otherwise it'd just run like hell to get off the map.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29782 on: June 25, 2013, 09:08:46 pm »

The mighty metropolis of Secretchambers the Lurid Decay is reaching a level of completion suitable enough for it's ultimate purpose as a scientific research vault, studying the effects of long term isolation of a minimalist dwarven compliment, and the depths of incestuous depravity the inhabitants are willing to engage in.

The fortress currently boasts a population of 15, but will eventually be supplied with living accomodations for over 1000 dwarves, just because I can. :D

At this exact moment, the grand metropolitan level is being smoothed in anticipation of the installation of the redundant living quarters.
When complete, I will begin the experiment proper, and seal all entrances and exits.

The fortress was built on top of, and around, a fully populated necromancer tower. Dead dwarves will not be wasted. A very special pit has been constructed for this very purpose.

The moat is dug and currently filling from the local stream. Everything is nearly ready.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29783 on: June 25, 2013, 09:24:40 pm »

Bell Savero met her end getting just a bit too close to a wild premium bighorner. So sad, but Security Commander Holt made sure she didn't go unaveneged for his friend Arnold and slaughtered the whole herd with a gimped arm and a crowbar. Arnold is now a Widower with two children to raise...

So sad, but such is life in the wasteland.

Eisenritter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29784 on: June 25, 2013, 09:43:26 pm »

The tower of Rakustram, *Tombprisons* has begun its life in the southern glacier.

I have a possessed poseur metalsmith who demands a forge.  The caravans have yet to arrive.  :'(

EDIT:  He went starkers.  Poor bastard...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:53:34 pm by Eisenritter »

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #29785 on: June 25, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »

After wallowing in jealousy over the Queen's bedroom (which was understandably better than hers) and throwing a fuss because her pike tooth table was impossible to make, Carol Solammosus the Baroness has been locked in her room after losing her marbles and turning into a babbling mess.  It wasn't my fault really.  I can't make tables out of pike teeth!!  If she became upset about something like that so easily, then she really was useless anyway.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29786 on: June 26, 2013, 12:23:31 am »

Only two years into my new fortress, Necromancers resurrected an entire caravan load of animal body parts to attack the fort. Now half of the fortress is dead...Well, supposed to be dead. The necromancer, with help from my hammerdwarf, blew up into hundreds of body parts that, themselves, animated, as well. half the fortress and the entire caravan guard is now hunting for the rest of the fort looking for dorfie brains. I'm screwed.
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29787 on: June 26, 2013, 12:45:44 am »

The massively expansive main living section has been cut, smoothed, and the hallways engraved, bringing fortress networth up to 1.2 million urist, just from architecture.

4 pillboxes and subteranean "security stations" have been cleared and smoothed, but not populated yet.

The doors for all the dorm rooms are slowly being made to fill the quota, but only about 1/3 of the rooms have doors. All have beds, and are assigned. The mason became legendary long ago.

The 4 massive dining halls and food storage/kitchen areas are only 50% cleared. No furniture installed yet.

More migrants showed up. Total now at 31.  Will set pop cap at 25.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29788 on: June 26, 2013, 04:40:01 am »

im currently making a fort filled with text from some of the storys i typed on my spare time and tables made of vomit.
there is also cannabalism in my fort, as i have hacked some dwarf fish into my game
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29789 on: June 26, 2013, 08:56:52 am »

A Forgotten Beast snuck its way onto the surface.
Lucky as fuck, this was a dusty beast to boot.
Pages: 1 ... 1984 1985 [1986] 1987 1988 ... 3842