Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121727 times)

Helgrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #27030 on: December 20, 2012, 06:34:57 am »

A forgotten beast in the form of a winged leech just crawled from the depths in my fort and proceeded to massacre all but one of my 60 dwarves. The last one was hammered to death by goblins while sleeping in the hospital. I can only assume that the forgotten beast is now slaughtering the goblins.

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27031 on: December 20, 2012, 07:42:18 am »

I wonder what the human caravan felt when they ventured on to my map.

Hey, look, its the tired looking mayor of the dwarven city we came to trade wi....... ZOMBIES!!!!!

And is that an elf corpse? Run away!

How the hell does the mayor survive in the midst of that zombie horde? What? A human necromancer? Here?

Oh. Those zombies don't look so bad.... They're missing most of their teeth... face........ fingers......
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:46:17 am by PainRack »

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27032 on: December 20, 2012, 09:56:44 am »

Stupid gray languars.

Thank you for showing up and trying to invade my fort, especially just after the new sword and mace squads were outfitted in bronze.

3 of each axe-, sword-, spear- and mace-dwarves, plus 4 marksdwarves had a grand ol' time slaughtering your merry band of thieving OBPM's.

Time for the butchers to get to work!

And I just found out we are at war with the elves. Bring it, hippies!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:08:59 am by Lich180 »

Kaitlyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27033 on: December 20, 2012, 01:32:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

History of my nearly four year old fort. While that's not very long obviously, I've primarily played on and off and haven't actually managed to stick with one fort this long before.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27034 on: December 20, 2012, 03:52:48 pm »

I accidentally into transport tycoon with the minecart systems to haul things around. The ones for moving stuff from the trade depot have ended up being used for ALL the haulage of ores.
On the plus side, my workshop area/freight yard is working well, and the forges are VERY well stocked. Up to the point of clutter.

Maybe I should just dispense with the ramps and just dump the goods down a vast vertical shaft.
But that would most likely result in serious injuries.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27035 on: December 20, 2012, 04:59:24 pm »

Well, I've been having trouble with the wolverine and wombat people; their trainers aren't keeping them properly trained. One of the wombat women went wild and I successfully locked her in her owner's room, and then I decided to lock the semi-wild wolverine woman in her trainer's room, but shortly thereafter decided to let her out on the assumption that she'd been properly trained for quite a while. She promptly went feral and hospitalized a dwarf, got beaten within an inch of her life by a passing off-duty soldier, and crawled around the bedroom level for a week until she became enraged at a passing off-duty marksdwarf who filled her full of wooden bolts. I let this torture go on for a while, until she had multiple bolts stuck in various body parts, then had her put down after the ranger ran out of ammo. The soldier who arrived to do this lopped her head off.

So, using Dfusion makes it notably more difficult to maintain training of your wild animalmen. I need to get them out of the fortress pop count and back to the pets side of the unit screen, so I can actually get them trained. Currently, I don't have the option to designate some newly-captured wolverine men for training at all.

Also, there are still a bunch of dingo people running around babbling or crying softly to themselves, waiting for the death that will never come; starvation. Sad when you insist on starving yourself, then realize that you don't eat anything in the first place... Maybe I'll remove the NO_EAT/NO_DRINK tags and let them die off, and see if the rest of the dingo people tantrum and go nuts as well.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27036 on: December 20, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »

dammit, one of my starting miners (lover of the other starting miner/expedition leader) had a spot of a mining accident while delving out the second well in my fortress. She's been in hospital for a while with a 'nurse' diligently working. Unfortunately, I think the lack of soap is killing her, she's gotten faint. I don't see any infection listed in her wounds-screen, but she's getting faint anyway. :(

The soldier who arrived to do this lopped her head off.

Cor blimey, a Dwarf doing something efficiently?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27037 on: December 20, 2012, 05:15:37 pm »

A giant monitor lizard thing attacked Glacialhell, bringing my champion's kill count of FBs and other large monstorsities that can never be replaced to seven, two giants,a hill titan, and now four FBs. I had to have a speardorf with three FBs to his name help, but the kill was awarded to my champion since she litally broke every single bone in it's body and only it's lack of pain receptors kept it alive since she broke it's head in three places.

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #27038 on: December 20, 2012, 06:36:03 pm »

A human caravan on its way out of, and a dwarfish caravan on its way into, the Bronzemark got slaughtered by goblins.
To be fair between them the humans and other dwarfs managed to break the morale of the siege, and my Siegebreakers really only had to clean up the stragglers for some easy kills.
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27039 on: December 20, 2012, 09:10:28 pm »

Well, one of my legendary miners decided to stand on the tile he intended to channel out, sending himself plumbeting 4 z-levels into the bottom of the cavern lake below. He then chose the longest path possible to escape form the lake (there was no cavern access besides the hole in the roof he fell through, so logically he started walking/sploshing away from the shoreline), and drowned there on the lake bed. I endeavored to use autodump to pry his remains from the lakebed, just because I aint gonna deal with no unhappy ghosts because the bastard was too stupid not to stand on one of the perfectly reasonable floors directly adjacent to the tile he wanted to channel. Said floors also had access to the rest of the fortress, so he wouldn't have been trapping himself down there.

As it turns out, the other miner who came to channel the staircase next to that one ALSO chose to take the plunge, but luckily he did so over a previously-channeled tile in a column, and only fell one story, and was easily rescued (by his own pick).

I'm concerned my dorfs might be of a particularly stupid breed...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27040 on: December 21, 2012, 03:48:48 am »

or you yourself. Because that might not have been the safest channel-route. :P
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Urist McMontros

• Bay Watcher
  • HHNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #27041 on: December 21, 2012, 11:07:16 am »

Uhh...

I think my forgotten beast made of water just drowned... In water...

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27042 on: December 21, 2012, 11:15:07 am »

Well, one of my legendary miners decided to stand on the tile he intended to channel out, sending himself plumbeting 4 z-levels into the bottom of the cavern lake below. He then chose the longest path possible to escape form the lake (there was no cavern access besides the hole in the roof he fell through, so logically he started walking/sploshing away from the shoreline), and drowned there on the lake bed. I endeavored to use autodump to pry his remains from the lakebed, just because I aint gonna deal with no unhappy ghosts because the bastard was too stupid not to stand on one of the perfectly reasonable floors directly adjacent to the tile he wanted to channel. Said floors also had access to the rest of the fortress, so he wouldn't have been trapping himself down there.

As it turns out, the other miner who came to channel the staircase next to that one ALSO chose to take the plunge, but luckily he did so over a previously-channeled tile in a column, and only fell one story, and was easily rescued (by his own pick).

I'm concerned my dorfs might be of a particularly stupid breed...

Engrave him a memorial slab, and you're good.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27043 on: December 21, 2012, 11:28:06 am »

Uhh...

I think my forgotten beast made of water just drowned... In water...
What???? I thought FB were supposed to be immune to drowning???

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27044 on: December 21, 2012, 12:12:18 pm »

dammit, one of my starting miners (lover of the other starting miner/expedition leader) had a spot of a mining accident while delving out the second well in my fortress. She's been in hospital for a while with a 'nurse' diligently working. Unfortunately, I think the lack of soap is killing her, she's gotten faint. I don't see any infection listed in her wounds-screen, but she's getting faint anyway. :(

Despite my slightly delayed setting up of soap industry, poor Rigoth Mafolshoveth has succumbed to her infections. I'd built -in advance- a silver sarcophagus for my first mayor, but Rigoth got it instead.

Edit; 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And so it came to pass that Ata Setocadoth was slain by Cog Ingishborush
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:39:01 pm by FrisianDude »
Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 ... 3842