Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1780 1781 [1782] 1783 1784 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6123398 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26715 on: December 01, 2012, 10:29:48 pm »

"The dead walk. Hide while you still can!"

"Oh shi-"

LOL this must be a joke. Time to find the necromancers and stab them before we embarrass them with our laughter.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26716 on: December 01, 2012, 11:25:48 pm »

New world generated and a new fortress begun.

Shadeswords has been established on a rise in the desert on the edge of a serene plain descending to the east.  Seven dwarves have become sixty-two in just over a year's time.  There is little indication of their presence on the surface.  A few small roofed in single story buildings and some stone floored platforms.  Further searching will discover a few small and narrow tunnel entrances on the edges of the hill and one descending stair out in the plain.

Beneath the surface much more has been achieved.  Dwarves scurry about shifting stones, ingots of metal, and barrels of food and drink.  Living quarters are still spartan, but many industries are up and running.  The sounds of weapons clashing comes from the barracks.  Traders have come, but unwelcome visitors are expected.  And there are still many preparations to be made for their welcome.

So far things have been quiet.  Magma and two caverns found.  Plus a wide variety of metal ores to smelt and build with.  Steel so far is precious due to relatively small amounts of flux stone and a general shortage of wood for charcoal.  So iron is getting heavy usage so far, or which there is plenty.   
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26717 on: December 02, 2012, 02:58:22 am »

After working to make my mountain barbarians playable, I decided to have them embark upon an evil forest along a savage good coastline. Darkforest has been born, but it faces many enemies. By that I mean literally EVERYONE wants to kill them. Being a slaver race isn't all it's cracked up to be it seems.

Barbarians do have several edges: They cannot be reanimated and can't feel pain, and all barbarians are natural warriors. Alos, while you can't tell them apart from the rank and file when there's no foe around, some are gifted with berserker rage, which when coupled with thier lack of pain receptors and a bludgeoning tool like a mace or flail (the latter of shich they favor) can make them terrifying opponents.

Darkforest, Avatocallo, will take on all comers.

On a side note, Talvieno's creature script worked because I have no idea what a Trondebbas is but evidently they aren't friendly.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26718 on: December 02, 2012, 03:18:28 am »

So my corridor of death is completed. Leading to the main base is an artificial corridor I made and put weapon traps in a checkerboard pattern leading all the way into my base, which leads to more weapon traps, some last minute stone traps, and a few rows of cage traps as a last resort, and leading up TO the cage traps is open air with a large area blocked by fortifications where I put my marksdwarves.  I finally got sieged, enemies has 12 War Cave Dragons, it had 30 goblins all riding war animals including bears and cave ogres, and... they never even got to the stone traps.  Not only did my marksdwarves get lots of practice as the enemies funneled into their killzone but the weapon traps did their job splendidly.  Frankly, after I lowered the bridge to "invite" my guests in.. let's just say it's been a year since this siege and I'm still picking up body parts and cleaning up the blood.  Plus I never knew dragons could explode like that when hit with 4 serrated iron discs and a spiked steel ball.

Only casualty was a marksdwarf who was shot in the head 4 times by an elite goblin bowman.

Next siege I get, I'll try to remember to screenshot it or at least the combat reports of the traps at work.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26719 on: December 02, 2012, 03:23:42 am »

After about two or three sieges, I pretty much maxed out my defenses. My giant walls (which I stole) protect me more then enough and my archers make quick work of anyone who invades. I am getting a little bored so I wanna make a statue...I just don't know what.
Unf.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26720 on: December 02, 2012, 03:36:43 am »

A giant mug with an obidian inside  and a copper/gold plated outside filled with magma.

No bad wildlife so far, which has consisted of adders and rattlesnakes. i was hoping for phantomsilk but I guess it's not the right kind of forest.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26721 on: December 02, 2012, 03:38:27 am »

After about two or three sieges, I pretty much maxed out my defenses. My giant walls (which I stole) protect me more then enough and my archers make quick work of anyone who invades. I am getting a little bored so I wanna make a statue...I just don't know what.
A giant phallus erupting magma.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26722 on: December 02, 2012, 03:45:41 am »

Found a bunch of marble. Sweet.A normal bull moose came inot he area, and had I had some maces handy for my militia, would have had it beat to paste and sliced up. I guess being on the coast of a good ocean canceled out the evil of the evil forest.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26723 on: December 02, 2012, 03:49:19 am »

Found a bunch of marble. Sweet.A normal bull moose came inot he area, and had I had some maces handy for my militia, would have had it beat to paste and sliced up. I guess being on the coast of a good ocean canceled out the evil of the evil forest.
Can this race of yours make steel?

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26724 on: December 02, 2012, 03:55:25 am »

A giant phallus erupting magma.
A giant mug with an obidian inside  and a copper/gold plated outside filled with magma.

No bad wildlife so far, which has consisted of adders and rattlesnakes. i was hoping for phantomsilk but I guess it's not the right kind of forest.
I should combine these two things.
Unf.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26725 on: December 02, 2012, 04:00:19 am »

For no reason, and ina flash of complete stupidity and because I like the color dark blue, i have decided to start importing and mining every bit of cobaltite an carving them into blocks to build the fortress proper above ground.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26726 on: December 02, 2012, 06:08:44 am »

A hairy winged earthworm with poisonous vapours gutted my fortress apart from one child and the expedition leader, who was getting promoted to baron at the time.

PS: anyone know why despite having the worm designated as a target and being standing right beside it while it strangles the legendary weaponsmith, the military decided not to attack it?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

NightlinerSGS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26727 on: December 02, 2012, 08:11:04 am »

Just had a migrant wave. After I assigned them all jobs with Therapist, I looked at them in my meeting hall.

Why is one of them blinking?

OMG, her upper arm is missing! I check reports, but there are none, she just arrived this way. This is the first time for me that a migrant actually arrived with such an injury. I wish I'd know what the heck happened to her.
Like I always say, elven females serve a... better purpose to me than the males.
This is a masterfully derailed thread. It depicts Necro in magma-silk thread. This relates to the great derailing of the Divorce Thread in 2011. Necro is holding up a pig-tail fiber sock. Necro is swimming. Necro is striking a defiant pose.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26728 on: December 02, 2012, 08:57:46 am »

OMG, her upper arm is missing! I check reports, but there are none, she just arrived this way. This is the first time for me that a migrant actually arrived with such an injury. I wish I'd know what the heck happened to her.

Should be able to copy the save, abandon the fort, and open legends mode up and look for her.

I've had a migrant who escaped a bronze colossus with nothing but her nose being torn off, and recently a sworddwarf who was missing her hand.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26729 on: December 02, 2012, 10:10:10 am »

Trying to get the metal industry working. The lava conduit has been dug so that dwarves get heated rooms.
Not that they would need it, since the climate is pretty hot already.
My well is now functional. Egg production functional. Plump helmets & pig tails functional. Infinite lavish meals incoming!
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!
Pages: 1 ... 1780 1781 [1782] 1783 1784 ... 3842