Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1772 1773 [1774] 1775 1776 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124075 times)

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26595 on: November 26, 2012, 04:20:56 am »

I can't get my millita caption to equip the spear ???
Add it to his uniform via the 'equip' panel in the military menu. It should be selectable under the 'specific weapon' option when you try to add a weapon.

Anyway, I've founded a new outpost Bloodchannel, in the mountains beneath a swamp. I'm listening to some LOTR/Hobbit music and it's really getting getting me into the right kind of mindset.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26596 on: November 26, 2012, 04:02:19 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I curse you orthodontist! Well I wen't to the orthodontist and forgot to save, then my dog sat on my laptop charger and shut my laptop off... Dang it, time for a new fort...
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26597 on: November 26, 2012, 04:41:45 pm »

As soon as I got a monarch, he decided to explore my cavern and he was eaten by a cave croc.
Unf.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26598 on: November 26, 2012, 04:49:01 pm »

Human seige. Two dwarves. Many dead humans.

Volour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26599 on: November 26, 2012, 05:03:55 pm »

Digging a giant hole, I ran out of drinks, so fun spiral maybe begining already! Oh go my mighty malitia commander KILL THEM ALL. (he is not crazy yet.. But thats what I expect)

The hole around that.. well its going to be 15-20 z deep hopefully.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 05:07:12 pm by Volour »
Adapted to the caves

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26600 on: November 26, 2012, 05:44:32 pm »

I've decided that insted of playing as humans, I will mod in my own race. I'll post the results later.
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26601 on: November 26, 2012, 05:59:43 pm »

I'm so used to Terrifying embarks, this new merely Sinister one is rather relaxing.  Just some blood snow on our heads.  There was a Terrifying Glacier on the map as well as a Terrifying forest of some sort bordering an ocean, which would have signed me up right away, but then I found this site.  Volcano in sinister glacier, woo, and bordering a calm taiga for safe trees and plants.  I'm a sucker for ice-bound volcanoes.

Our fort so far hugs the volcano.  Rather nice.  Only issue was the food services district having to be placed way the fuck away from anything to get at the soil of the taiga for farming.  That and any fisher genomes that arrive insist on trying to fish out of the well cistern for a bit.  I don't think there's anything there, guys.

Also frost and cave spiders everywhere, we're rolling in silk.  It's great.

Buggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26602 on: November 26, 2012, 06:27:00 pm »

My humans' third attempt to settle Flashgrooves has finally stabilized, now that secure walls and gates have been built.  The citizens are very happy sitting behind the walls, doing crafts and eating exceptional roasts in a great dining room, but the military are a bunch of grumblers who refuse to train and complain whenever I need them.

Now in the spring of 16, Unlo Osonstuxul, Minotaur has shown up at the fort.
  I am Unlo Osonstuxul!   I have heard of your wealth and I am here to... OHHHH KITTIES!!!!!

As the warning bells called the citizens back behind the safety of the walls, Unlo chased a kitten across the map (through the recently vacated quarry) and back. For a moment he remembered his mission, but it was literally a moment too late, as he was one square from the drawbridge as it closed behind one last citizen who just had to bring that siltstone rock inside.  Back to chasing kitty.  Naturally, you know what happens when a Minotaur catches a kitten (tell me about the farm again George...).  After which he just moped around the hill south of the castle, well out of bow range.

Until the goblins showed up.  Unlo just hates goblins (An ambush! Curse them!).  Those goblins did not get their usual easy pickings ;)

Not being very experienced with flinging things with bridges, my goose-a-pult did not get a goose outside to tempt him in closer on its first shot, but, while building a second one, migrants have arrived.  (Despite the danger.  Really?  you say?)  There are 18 coming in.  Over 11 years and three attempts ~220 have died, more than two thirds of those that have come to this place.  So I would rather not sacrifice them (my engraver has spent a lot of time making memorials, and the ghosts keep coming.)

Game is paused as I ponder sending my laggards out to fight the thing, or hiding my citizens in a meeting area on the opposite corner of the map.  I could deconstruct a wall and  hope that they enter and rebuild it before the minotaur gets there but that might end in a lot of Fun.

b1rd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26603 on: November 26, 2012, 07:17:49 pm »

dwarves... being dwarves

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26604 on: November 26, 2012, 07:52:24 pm »

Well the results are that im a flake, and im sticking to good ol human's, can't go wrong with 'em.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #26605 on: November 26, 2012, 07:54:02 pm »

My humans' third attempt to settle Flashgrooves has finally stabilized, now that secure walls and gates have been built.  The citizens are very happy sitting behind the walls, doing crafts and eating exceptional roasts in a great dining room, but the military are a bunch of grumblers who refuse to train and complain whenever I need them.

Now in the spring of 16, Unlo Osonstuxul, Minotaur has shown up at the fort.
  I am Unlo Osonstuxul!   I have heard of your wealth and I am here to... OHHHH KITTIES!!!!!

As the warning bells called the citizens back behind the safety of the walls, Unlo chased a kitten across the map (through the recently vacated quarry) and back. For a moment he remembered his mission, but it was literally a moment too late, as he was one square from the drawbridge as it closed behind one last citizen who just had to bring that siltstone rock inside.  Back to chasing kitty.  Naturally, you know what happens when a Minotaur catches a kitten (tell me about the farm again George...).  After which he just moped around the hill south of the castle, well out of bow range.

Until the goblins showed up.  Unlo just hates goblins (An ambush! Curse them!).  Those goblins did not get their usual easy pickings ;)

Not being very experienced with flinging things with bridges, my goose-a-pult did not get a goose outside to tempt him in closer on its first shot, but, while building a second one, migrants have arrived.  (Despite the danger.  Really?  you say?)  There are 18 coming in.  Over 11 years and three attempts ~220 have died, more than two thirds of those that have come to this place.  So I would rather not sacrifice them (my engraver has spent a lot of time making memorials, and the ghosts keep coming.)

Game is paused as I ponder sending my laggards out to fight the thing, or hiding my citizens in a meeting area on the opposite corner of the map.  I could deconstruct a wall and  hope that they enter and rebuild it before the minotaur gets there but that might end in a lot of Fun.

You could dig an underground tunnel to the edge of the map containing the migrants and then line it with lots of traps.

Buggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26606 on: November 26, 2012, 10:04:27 pm »

You could dig an underground tunnel to the edge of the map containing the migrants and then line it with lots of traps.

For safety sake, I should have something like that, but he spotted them way too quickly for that to be built.  I did get a line of cage traps built, but he didn't go that way either.  Would have been a cool zoo creature though. 

True to form, when he did chase after the migrants, he went after a pet turkey.  The migrants made it safe inside and my laggard military chased him down and killed him with a loss of three soldiers.  My laggard hospital crew will probably up his kill count a bit.

Volour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26607 on: November 27, 2012, 10:58:06 am »

Lots of escavation. looking for magma now, digging out homes for my futrure dwarfs. not bothering with smoothing the stones yet. I have high ambitions for my miner dwarfs. DIG! I SAY DIG DEEPER.

Objectives year one
Finish 100+ housing
Finish master dining room
Finish sustainable farming stills

Year two
build and finish armory, forge.
build danger room
Start recuiting an army, mostly axe and swords dwarfs, one or two crossbow squads.
Adapted to the caves

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26608 on: November 27, 2012, 04:14:05 pm »

Silentthunders as of the year 40-something. The courtyard is finally completely floored over :D :D :D
Just need to get the surroundings paved over, then I can build more up and dig more down. 5 z lvls a day makes for a really long staircase.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26609 on: November 27, 2012, 04:20:52 pm »

Silentthunders as of the year 40-something. The courtyard is finally completely floored over :D :D :D
Just need to get the surroundings paved over, then I can build more up and dig more down. 5 z lvls a day makes for a really long staircase.

Teach me how to fortress like you.
Pages: 1 ... 1772 1773 [1774] 1775 1776 ... 3842