Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1770 1771 [1772] 1773 1774 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124299 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26565 on: November 23, 2012, 06:32:09 pm »

It helps if you don't want to do industrial scale mining for building material. Also gave them a nasty little OP hammer called a fighting pick (has rediculously small contact areas to facilitate it's purpose: Armor peircing.)

DerNachbar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26566 on: November 23, 2012, 09:27:23 pm »

Zombie Spiral. Necros are sneaky and i was not prepared for a second necromancer. Meanwhile a human caravan arrives on the calm surface of the fort, while a massacre is happening beneath their feet. Also never hunt when having suspicious neighbours, undead hoovies really are horrifying.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26567 on: November 24, 2012, 01:22:16 pm »

A single migrant wave brought the population from 19 to over 50. Another one brought that to over 70. We've lost a couple kids to snatchers. Kobolds are being a nuisance.

The dwarven caravan came. Then a goblin siege came. Then some jolly mountain gnomes came. The caravan guards turned back the siege, and took down one or two gnomes, but they lost a water buffalo in the process, so no trading. Sent my military to deal with the remaining gnomes(bastards stole some booze). Then the liason tells us we qualify for a barony. I put my manager/broker/bookeeper/expedition leader up. As soon as she is promoted to baroness, she is cripplingly traumatized by a lesser's pretentious dining arrangements. I have no idea who could have a dining room that swell(certainly not the mayor, whose dining room is subpar for him. Maybe his wife?). I am now pretty much resorting to save scumming to keep the new baroness from going insane.

Also, this map seems buggy. Haulers will not move the tons of fish that the fishers are fishing, and every time I remove constructions, stuff starts teleporting. All in all, fun stuff.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26568 on: November 24, 2012, 02:06:52 pm »

every time I remove constructions, stuff starts teleporting. All in all, fun stuff.

Im having this same problem
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26569 on: November 24, 2012, 02:36:03 pm »

Beginning of Year 19 for Waterspear.

The 23rd siege of the fortress was repelled recently.  Goblins.  And one elite archer goblin put four of my better marksdwarves into the hospital.  Three are out and walking, though one has nerve damage in a hand and will thus probably be invalided out to a cadre or training squad as a result.  Fourth is receiving minimal medical service (food and water) and still needs treatment for a fractured hand.  (Beginning to suspect I will need to drop socks on him or something to generate a further injury to get treatment properly started.)

The 22nd siege got more brutally handled.  Five human squads camped out and milled about.  One charged in an open approach, and then were sealed in and obliterated by marksdwarves and a few melee squads.  (The trap paths have been fairly thoroughly scouted by their "diplomats".)  A second squad followed the first soon afterwards and got hit in an open courtyard by four squads of highly experienced melee dwarves.

A third squad camped in a small cul-de-sac on the far side of the fortress that was out sight of crossbow fire from the fortifications.  Undaunted, the military carried out a set piece assault.  Four melee squads charged from a nearby gate while marksdwarves went from a door to the top of a nearby wall to open fire on the humans and their mounts.  The humans were trapped and wiped out with no dwarven injuries.

The triumphant melee troops then traversed the fortress grounds to attack the remaining two human cavalry squads who were in disarray after their camps came under fire from marksdwarves in the western archery bunkers.  The pursuit and slaughter here ended the siege with sixty human casualties (75% of their force) in exchange for no reported dwarven injuries.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26570 on: November 24, 2012, 02:39:54 pm »

every time I remove constructions, stuff starts teleporting. All in all, fun stuff.

Im having this same problem

You can exploit it to move mountains of crap around!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26571 on: November 24, 2012, 02:57:51 pm »

[/quote]
[/quote]

And half your stockpiles :P
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Carric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26572 on: November 24, 2012, 04:11:26 pm »

[/quote]

And half your stockpiles :P
[/quote]

Why wouldn't you want all of your riches lying around on the ground?  :D

pivole

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:gut-rotting brews]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26573 on: November 24, 2012, 04:35:57 pm »

May the good godde Armok preserve us.
After a three section cavalry siege, which was seen off with few, but great, losses, merely a few weeks later comes another besieging force.
Seventy five cavalry goblins, all told. Each one mounted on a horrific beast from the deepest caverns, and a full ten cave dragons as well.
I only hope my arsenal holds enough bolts.

Edit: Our accursed miners sunk their well into an isolated mine. It was only by the roar of dragons and the screams of the miners that we knew it had happened. Our Captain of the guard valiantly gave his life, killing no less than two dragons, but now i only hope the guard can hold the tunnels whilst my masons wall them off in safety.
I commend your souls to Armok, brave guardsmen.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 04:58:49 pm by pivole »
For glory, Godde and gold in the Virginia Company!

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26574 on: November 24, 2012, 05:34:57 pm »

I have never seen this notifaction before ::) (The one with the arrow next to it.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26575 on: November 24, 2012, 05:56:22 pm »

Well, I could imagine how interrupting that could be. Your humies must be happy.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26576 on: November 24, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »

"Urist, what are you doing installing doors? Your wedding's in half an hour!"
"Oh right, I forgot. I'll finish this later, nobody touch it while I'm gone."

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26577 on: November 24, 2012, 06:06:09 pm »

Well, I could imagine how interrupting that could be. Your humies must be happy.

Yeah, Its a small village of 50, so everyone knows everyone, I have already had 5 weddings in the past 4 months ::)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26578 on: November 24, 2012, 06:15:49 pm »

My best was about 80ish. Everyone knew everypone, there was food and drink aplenty, three legendary halberdiers stomped the shit out of everything short of large scale seiges, there was enough people to get shit done and my 16 year old Baroness only ever demanded more halberds and shields be made and hoarded. Also built a temple to the civ's watergod in a deep river caynon below the settlement.

As a heads up, if you go with larger weapons, drill them extensivly in it's use instead of shields. Shields cause a hit penalty with larger weapons like halberds and mauls (I learned this the hard way with an early settlement. Once I took away the shields they began chopping shit up much more effectivly with thier halberds.)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26579 on: November 24, 2012, 08:52:54 pm »

My ENTIRE starting 7 just died of old age at the same time. This is a old fort!
Pages: 1 ... 1770 1771 [1772] 1773 1774 ... 3842