Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1753 1754 [1755] 1756 1757 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125350 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26310 on: October 26, 2012, 05:49:15 pm »

Nope.  It's dead, Jim.  It was eliminated some 200-odd years ago in a war with another civ, which now sieges us in the autumn.  The only others of our race were outcasts and those that had settled in human towns, we had no sites to our name or anything.  Apparently the game just...randomly decided to give me a caravan, liason, and now migrants, including former traders and liason.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26311 on: October 26, 2012, 05:53:01 pm »

Huh. That's wierd. Maybe folks from other civs of the same type are migrating in? No wait, that's stupid.

So, Trixie went funny in the head screaming she needed metal and a tree, at which point she thre the hasta (roman pike) she'd just made out fo the shop, grabbed two fresh iron bars and a recently downed cedar or larch (not sure which) and set to work. I hope it's a breastplate or a fighting pick!

EDIT: She did one better and made a cuirass (courtesy of Paintbrushturkey, it covers the neck and upper arms as well.) It is banded with iron and spiked with Larch. I'm now having the last two hastae I need, along with some gladii and fighting picks made.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26312 on: October 26, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »

A GCS entered my fort by a diagonal tile into my main stairway and killed all the pets on the surface. As dumb as I am, I sent my starting Teacher/Macedwarf there to kill that thing (yes, a severe form of underestimation). Well, he was owned basically. I burrowed my other dwarves and installed some cage traps. You know what the GCS did? It just ran off the map.. damnit.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26313 on: October 26, 2012, 07:40:04 pm »

After one of my wrestlers got his arm cut off during an ass-kicking spree I uset skill aether to make him a legendary kicker/striker/wrestler. As soon as I did an armorsmith was posessed and made an artifact copper right gauntlet. He's unstoppable and he feels nothing but hatred. While hauling logs he saw a wild horse give birth, he immediately walked over, grabbed the foal by the throat, and crushed it's windpipe while it's mother fled. 

edit: checked his thoughts, he's ecstatic about watching that horse die in his grip but he's sort of bummed about the minor injuries he's sustained. His response to losing an arm was to throw the arm in the trash and get a drink.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:42:51 pm by Broseph Stalin »

maltapotamus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26314 on: October 26, 2012, 07:45:33 pm »

After one of my wrestlers got his arm cut off during an ass-kicking spree I uset skill aether to make him a legendary kicker/striker/wrestler. As soon as I did an armorsmith was posessed and made an artifact copper right gauntlet. He's unstoppable and he feels nothing but hatred. While hauling logs he saw a wild horse give birth, he immediately walked over, grabbed the foal by the throat, and crushed it's windpipe while it's mother fled. 

edit: checked his thoughts, he's ecstatic about watching that horse die in his grip but he's sort of bummed about the minor injuries he's sustained. His response to losing an arm was to throw the arm in the trash and get a drink.

clone him!!! i want one!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26315 on: October 26, 2012, 07:50:02 pm »

So, everyone almost died of thirst. Didn't know there was a freeze season here. timly intervention by my Brewers Silkerose (likes GCS silk and rose quartz) and Whirlwind (seemed like a good idea) and several conscripted carpenters saved the settlement from a horrible death by dehydration. weapons have been made, but I need more granite to build a second barracks... Screw it I'll use the piles of conglomerate I have, and maby pierce on of the sandstone aquifer pockets I have for water.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #26316 on: October 26, 2012, 08:20:18 pm »

Started up a quickie fort to test my custom reactions and workshop for making mechanical weapons.

The fort was randomly named "AmazeGlaze".  :D
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26317 on: October 26, 2012, 08:25:52 pm »

Modbold ambush in year one, assailing the goblin caravan! Will five humans be enough to eliminate the menace?

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26318 on: October 26, 2012, 08:40:46 pm »

The dwarven caravan decided to leave the safety of the depot just as a huskifying cloud passed over the exit.

I now have a husk civil war going on outside my front gate... lovely.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #26319 on: October 26, 2012, 09:26:40 pm »

My marksdwarves just shot and killed an enemy war horse named Pierre.
I found this much funnier than I should have.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26320 on: October 26, 2012, 09:29:03 pm »

The modbold ambush party was left in a bloody dismembered heap. The goblin caravan shall spread word of our victory. One soldier was unlucky however, with motor nerve damage to his weapon arm (how I have no idea, the odds of that have to be astronomical.)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26321 on: October 27, 2012, 04:30:58 am »

Why is my architect on fire!?

Oh god the stockpiles are burning!

cvar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26322 on: October 27, 2012, 04:31:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Playing my fort, derp de derp derp, mine out this part here, back up to the top...

The fuck is that in my cistern?  Is... is that a human?  His/Her name is Ret Zhipum, there isn't any gear so I'm forced to assume some random human (I haven't been getting caravans from them) decided to go skinny dipping in the river and got sucked in.

Does this mean that if I build a 3 tile wide path over the river humans might come?  I'm pretty sure the elves are all dead in this world since I couldn't find them anywhere on the embark map, so I'd love to have humans to trade/fuck with instead of just dwarves, goblins and kobolds.

Why human dude?  Tell me your reasoning for being in my cistern!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26323 on: October 27, 2012, 05:13:37 am »

looks like a were-critter who drowned in your tunnel there.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #26324 on: October 27, 2012, 08:15:00 am »

yup were creature.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 1753 1754 [1755] 1756 1757 ... 3842