Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1745 1746 [1747] 1748 1749 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125809 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26190 on: October 19, 2012, 09:35:26 pm »

Yes she is.  She's the daughter of another pair of immigrants, and he's the grandson.  His mother is her older sister.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26191 on: October 19, 2012, 10:18:22 pm »

A child was attacked by a Goblin Man, the child dodged, counterstruck, and launched a haymaker right into that monstrosities face killing it instantly. He's the son of two blooded Militiadwarves and he celebrated his first birthday last week.

I have dubbed him Kid Badass and granted him his own room and artifact throne made from the spine of an intercepted assassin and a werebeast tied to an artifact diamond chain. When he reaches the age of thirteen I will conspire to have the Vampire Queen butchered by a fell dwarf in order to make him a crown from her bones. My only fear is that this won't be tribute enough for this War-God in training. 

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26192 on: October 19, 2012, 10:58:15 pm »

Kid Badass and his entire family were swallowed by an evil fog while picking up the pieces of the last ambush. He suffered partial paralysis and was taken to the hospital. His Mother, Father, and brother all suffered complete paralysis and slowly suffocated in front of him. He has no further friends or family, the price of glory is suffering.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26193 on: October 19, 2012, 11:15:21 pm »

In other news aside from the incest, I just set my metalworks on fire.

Remember kids, if you make a reaction that puts magma into a bucket, make sure you're using magma-safe buckets.  That is all.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26194 on: October 20, 2012, 12:58:39 am »

It's the 6th of Felsite in the first spring of my new fortress, Arrowhailed, and the infighting has already begun:

Almost worse, one of the other dwarves has four friends.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26195 on: October 20, 2012, 11:04:45 am »

Started a new fort, Swamrack. Decided to do an outdoor construction fort. To save space, dwarves are being housed in large longhouses, capable of bedding 12 dwarves at a time. I had originally wanted to use clay and clay bricks for constructions and things like pots, but that's incredibly ineffecient, and since it's normal clay and not fire clay, I have to glaze the liquid storage.

And for the first year, I only had 5 migrants. Not waves, five individual dwarves, one of whom was a child. And then, the next two migrant waves jumped that up to nearly 50 dwarves.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26196 on: October 20, 2012, 12:26:26 pm »

The story of Kid Badass

Dang, this game puts hair on your chest real fast.
At the rate things are going, that kid will probably be an eldrich monstrosity by age 2.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26197 on: October 20, 2012, 01:29:38 pm »

According to CurseCheck there are 17 vampires in my fort. I have gone through the entire list and have a grand total of zero suspects. It's time for an inquisition, if your God has at any time created a vampire you get to take a spin in the drowning chamber.

Edit: Scratch that, cursecheck says there are 58 vampires in my fort. I think something in Masterwork (possibly the positive syndromes from certain drinks) are interfering with cursecheck

Okay so I checked a dwarf before he drank and he didn't register as cursed, then I tested after and he still wasn't cursed. I set vampire curse types as high as I could in worldgen but one in four dwarves is insane.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:36:43 pm by Broseph Stalin »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26198 on: October 20, 2012, 01:31:35 pm »

According to CurseCheck there are 17 vampires in my fort. I have gone through the entire list and have a grand total of zero suspects. It's time for an inquisition, if your God has at any time created a vampire you get to take a spin in the drowning chamber.
Excellent.

Remember to tell us how that goes. I want to see what comes up.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26199 on: October 20, 2012, 01:57:43 pm »

Cursecheck was off by 58. I forced every dwarf except for the mayor into the drowning chamber and filled it. Every single dwarf drowned.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26200 on: October 20, 2012, 02:03:26 pm »

Cursecheck was off by 58. I forced every dwarf except for the mayor into the drowning chamber and filled it. Every single dwarf drowned.
Only one thing to do now.

Test the mayor.

Wait is kid badass dead?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26201 on: October 20, 2012, 02:10:42 pm »

Only one thing to do now.

Test the mayor.

Wait is kid badass dead?
The Mayor was the original expidition leader and he's already been vetted. That was just to be thorough, I savescummed immediately. Kid Badass exists as he always, eating sweet pod candy roasts off of an elf's bleached spine and throwing scraps to his pet wereskink.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26202 on: October 20, 2012, 02:50:02 pm »

Conclusion: Your mayor is 58 vampires.

RustyTheBrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26203 on: October 20, 2012, 04:54:08 pm »

I embarked in an evil biome, and had spent the best part of the game so far hiding from 'profane fog'. I found out recently, due to a surprise cloud, that the fog is completely harmless...

... Except to chickens, which it makes their lungs fail. Cats, dogs, elves, dwarves, humans and every other type of creature on the map just falls over for a round, except chickens, which die of suffocation. If it knocked things unconscious, it might be useful, but no, it just makes them crawl while they're in it, then they stand back up unless, of course, they're chickens. I'm trying to think of some way to use this, but chickens are unlikely to siege me.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #26204 on: October 20, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »

I embarked in an evil biome, and had spent the best part of the game so far hiding from 'profane fog'. I found out recently, due to a surprise cloud, that the fog is completely harmless...

... Except to chickens, which it makes their lungs fail. Cats, dogs, elves, dwarves, humans and every other type of creature on the map just falls over for a round, except chickens, which die of suffocation. If it knocked things unconscious, it might be useful, but no, it just makes them crawl while they're in it, then they stand back up unless, of course, they're chickens. I'm trying to think of some way to use this, but chickens are unlikely to siege me.

Sounds useful for traps and siege defense with crossbows, with right timing. Might be the syndrome's just not strong enough to mangle anything bigger than chicken's lungs? Keep an eye on it for a while :D
Pages: 1 ... 1745 1746 [1747] 1748 1749 ... 3842