Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 [1735] 1736 1737 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6126673 times)

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26010 on: October 11, 2012, 09:16:39 pm »

What's wrong with those tiles?

I'm using the 16x16 default, so they are square. The rectangular look bothers me, I like symmetry in my fort, and everything being squashed on the x-axis looks funny.
No, the ì walls.
I want to know this too.
I apply for thirdness. Tell us.

Oh. That is a black sand wall, if I remember right. At work right now, or I would check to be sure.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26011 on: October 11, 2012, 09:46:48 pm »

Effed up a reaction, so there's now 150 "cheese" items sitting in the food stockpile.  They're still edible, apparently, so there's that, but man.

Also, maximum minerals is ridiculous.  I set it to 250 to get some rare custom ore to appear for testing purposes, and now I'm sitting on over 1000 diamonds and 4000 platinum according to prospect.  Obviously I need to build a platinum temple with diamond-blinged statues.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26012 on: October 11, 2012, 09:55:41 pm »

Kobolds, Zombies, and !! Elves !! are spawning on my surface. Some of them are overflowing into the trap hall.

Time to seal the bridge and let Armok sort them out.

EDIT: And my first goblins too. About time they showed up.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:07:02 pm by ZzarkLinux »

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26013 on: October 11, 2012, 10:22:56 pm »

The real FUN in my fort has just started. 3 years on a dual evil biome. Half re-animating with necrosis death clouds on the ocean side. The other side, didn't seem evil at all. Seemed perfectly harmless. It's now year 3 and lo and behold, a husk ash cloud blows in from whats been the harmless side. Cloud husks a kingsnake, the kingsnake immediately runs over to my puppy early warning system and turns them into husks. I close down the fort. Us on the inside. Cuddly wuddly balls of flesh devouring cuteness on the outside.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26014 on: October 12, 2012, 11:58:01 am »

Somehow my Trade Depot got deconstructed.
I ordered to build a new one, but since my masons were busy making pots (and I started building the waterfall system), they couldn't care less about that building.

Then, the elven caravan passed by. And the merchants went straight ahead.
Guess what? Yes, AFTER the caravan a mason decided that it was the right time to rebuild the Depot. I think that I'll convict him for the next crime...
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26015 on: October 12, 2012, 12:27:01 pm »

Shortly after, we got a siege.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that is the situation.

Light blue, the entrance to the murdering tunnel, under costruction and actually sealed off. I don't want another slaughtering of my untrained recruits.
Red, the two trade depots, on the left the existing one and on the right the remains of the old one. I think that the gobboes can loot whatever they want, I won't stop them.
Blue, raising bridges that will seal the Fortress.
Magenta, the farms (plump helmet) and the henhouse (actually, duckhouse since I wasn't able to fertilize the hen but only the duck).

Well, I'm not sure if it's possible to engage a single lone gob at a time or not.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26016 on: October 12, 2012, 12:40:44 pm »

Well, I'm not sure if it's possible to engage a single lone gob at a time or not.

It might be, but it may require complex machinery. A very complex maze...

Also;
[Pyramid of pyramidness!]

Oh. That is a black sand wall, if I remember right. At work right now, or I would check to be sure.

You probably used a graphical tileset in the past, right? As far as I know, they all modify the raws to change the tiles used by things like walls, which once you convert back to normal ASCII (and fail to change the raws themselves back to their default states) looks stupid because it now uses mostly letters for walls and the like.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #26017 on: October 12, 2012, 02:52:47 pm »

Just had my first real dose of danger room induced gobbo murder. 2 Swordmasters, full masterwork iron armor and with steel swords, 4 Hammerlords same as swordmasters with appropriate steel weapon, and a Macelord. They had fire support from 2 legendary markdwarves and 4 proficient marksdwarves. The result  was utter slaughter on no less than 5 goblin ambushes that ALL ARRIVED AT ONCE killing two farmers and about a dozen war dogs before my soldiers were able to rally and attack. There are now goblin bits everywhere and i'm running out of free furnace space to melt my used bolts due to all of the copper and silver armor/weaps clogging it.
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26018 on: October 12, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »

My Miner made a rather fetching jet millstone. I find this odd, because I was just thinking about building a windmill too.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26019 on: October 12, 2012, 03:12:53 pm »

My Miner made a rather fetching jet millstone. I find this odd, because I was just thinking about building a windmill too.

For once a completely worthless artifact turns out useful. Wow.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26020 on: October 12, 2012, 03:15:17 pm »

For once a completely worthless artifact turns out useful. Wow.

Would have done a water one, but my river froze and I may have suffered a mechanical problme no forseen... Also known as icy destruction of my well and unfinished mill power station.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26021 on: October 12, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »

As the scaffolding for the "Black H.A.L.O." addition to my mega-project was completed in year 123 I had my first dwarf die of old age, or of 21 kids, whichever is worse. A ledgendary spearmaster, he died while sparring.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:32:50 pm by Crashmaster »

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26022 on: October 12, 2012, 05:35:01 pm »

You probably used a graphical tileset in the past, right? As far as I know, they all modify the raws to change the tiles used by things like walls, which once you convert back to normal ASCII (and fail to change the raws themselves back to their default states) looks stupid because it now uses mostly letters for walls and the like.

Ah ok, I never really noticed anything was off. I changed from Phoebus to ASCII a month or two ago, and then used Mr. Frog's tileset for a while, then moved back to default ASCII. What exactly in the RAWs got changed, so I can fix it? Doesn't bother me any, but I figure I could change it to prevent any confusion on the forums. :P

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26023 on: October 12, 2012, 05:51:47 pm »

Basically, all the TILE tags tend to get changed in graphic sets.  If you don't use any mods, just replace your save raws in data/save/regionX with vanilla ones and it'll fix it.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26024 on: October 12, 2012, 05:55:57 pm »

To get the topic back on track...
I have a few near-immortal dwarves,  one of them is called Fischer. I have a few captured Spawns of Hollistic and it's a clusterfuck of mugs.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you....
SPEARBREAKERS!
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 [1735] 1736 1737 ... 3842