Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1732 1733 [1734] 1735 1736 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6126686 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25995 on: October 11, 2012, 12:20:26 pm »

Oh, you can actually find quite a lot of masterworks in adventure mode towns. And it's always made by 'unknown artisan'.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25996 on: October 11, 2012, 02:47:35 pm »

I am trying to survive an ambush without losing so many dwarves...
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25997 on: October 11, 2012, 03:18:47 pm »

I finally get the main entrance bridges in place and am working on the outer walls, when the dwarf caravan arrives.  They immediately discover an ambush.  I spend a moment deciding whether or not to send out the military when it turns into a full scale siege.  Oh well, I can always pick up the ruins from the caravan later.   I close the main gate, activate the military and station them inside in case anything gets past the traps, and sit back to watch the bad guys chase down all the horses.  That's when I notice one military dwarf running out to the caravan.  Why?  I'll never know. 

He manages to run right between a group of wizards and a group of battle dragons (Fortress Defense mod).  They promptly kill him.  That's when two other dwarfs decide to charge out of the fort, with their infamous battle-cry "DIBS ON HIS BOOTS!"  They manage to run right between the same wizards and dragons, who this time manage to just flame each other.  They apparently then agro'd each other, and killed themselves to the last beast.  The two dwarfs take the armor from their dead fellow and run safely back.  But then, two more set their eyes on the armor the last two dwarfs left outside.  They chase it down right into the middle of the forest fire started by the wizard/dragon fight.  More head out to get their stuff, and by the time its over I have 10 dead dwarfs. 

Once the fire is out I release everyone to pick up the debris.  While deciding what to do with my proceeds from the dead caravan, I don't notice that one tree was still burning.  Enough vegetation then grows back that the map again catches fire!  Half my fort is lost in the ensuing forest fire. 

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #25998 on: October 11, 2012, 05:19:32 pm »

Welp, the dwarven caravan arrived, and I'm having this Glitch happen to me. More or so HYPER SPEED MACH 1 WAGONS A GOGO!

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. At first I thought my FPS cap broke, but it seems fine. (I should mention, The liaison also moved hyper fast, while everything that isn't part of the caravan is moving normally.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25999 on: October 11, 2012, 05:29:03 pm »

The Osorumer Pump Project has claimed the lives of many workers.  Nevertheless, we must continue to push forward.  We arrive at the dawn of our fifth winter, and some progress can be seen. 

In honor of this milestone, I have immortalized the final resting place of Sarvesh Morulzanos, Kadol Dodokathel, and Litast Orrunasob on an index card:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

May your deaths not be in vain, unless I get bored of this fortress.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #26000 on: October 11, 2012, 06:14:42 pm »

Welp, the dwarven caravan arrived, and I'm having this Glitch happen to me. More or so HYPER SPEED MACH 1 WAGONS A GOGO!

Oh good. I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience that. I thought maybe the traders had given the wagons Red Bull or something.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26001 on: October 11, 2012, 07:44:29 pm »

Traders have finally made it into our depot! Finally, different food besides plump helmets!

Unfortunately, the surface is still covered in zombies, husks, and zombie husks. Our cage-a-zombie system has been finished, and has had a repeating spike system attached, to help thin the numbers of wandering undead.

Yay.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 07:48:21 pm by Lich180 »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26002 on: October 11, 2012, 07:47:40 pm »

What's wrong with those tiles?
My wooden badge was delicious.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26003 on: October 11, 2012, 07:55:12 pm »

I'm using the 16x16 default, so they are square. The rectangular look bothers me, I like symmetry in my fort, and everything being squashed on the x-axis looks funny.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26004 on: October 11, 2012, 07:56:22 pm »

I'm using the 16x16 default, so they are square. The rectangular look bothers me, I like symmetry in my fort, and everything being squashed on the x-axis looks funny.
No, the ì walls.
My wooden badge was delicious.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26005 on: October 11, 2012, 08:51:46 pm »

I wonder who would win in a fight, your Fiendish Smoke Husk Corpses or my Creeping Murk Zombie Corpses?
Either way, that fight would be awesome.

Has anyone made a fort yet where the only playable civilizations are various Nefarious/Gloomy/Acrid Husk/Thrall/Zombie people?
A Smoldering Ash Zombie caravan has arrived
Just in time, we were running out of brains !

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26006 on: October 11, 2012, 08:55:48 pm »

No, the ì walls.
I want to know this too.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26007 on: October 11, 2012, 09:00:27 pm »

No, the ì walls.
I want to know this too.
I apply for thirdness. Tell us.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26008 on: October 11, 2012, 09:03:21 pm »

Is it the tile for an engraved wall if you have engravings set to obscured in the Init file?

nymall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26009 on: October 11, 2012, 09:09:08 pm »

The dwarves of Powerfurnace have slaved away for many months, and now our mountain home has a built-in protection-reclaim system. When the lever-dwarf pulls the RED LEVER, millions of gallons of water splash out over the centre island, covering it and the adjoining three levels with water. once the water has been started, all surface access is cut off.

To reset,  all the lever-dwarf has to do is pull the BLUE LEVER, and all that water gushes straight down, through the temple and to the under-sewer, hopefully carrying all that dreadful invader-waste with it. That's the theory, anyway. It only cost 3 fisher-dwarves, a miner and two dogs!(killed in accidental collapses, of course.)

My mayor has taken a liking to crowns... I'm starting to wonder if my aspirations to attract the king are wise... We may have a coup d'etat on our hands soon...
We'll see how this goes... :p
Pages: 1 ... 1732 1733 [1734] 1735 1736 ... 3842