Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 [1726] 1727 1728 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127408 times)

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25875 on: October 04, 2012, 10:24:37 pm »

I um... I think I just accidentally discovered the circus the first time. After discovering candy for the first time. I'm on a three year old forest. This... This should be !!Fun!!.
Well, did you find a big empty room, that was filled with laughter the next tick or so? Then you found the circus. Have fun and enjoy show! Though you might want to lock the door with a stone, don't want to get motion sick, do you?

Ironic. They're coming out of the 'c' in the "Fuck Yeah!" mining designation art thing I made on a whim. I shall indeed go get some popcorn.

A fuck yeah at the base of an adamantite pillar. Eveywhere else they would say, "You nuts!?" Here, what you get from me is, "You'd be a fine dwarf."

Save scumming is always an option, but it is up to you.

I just realized........I save scum too much. I need to EMBRACE THE FUN! Unless it's aquifers, those things are nightmares to get through, especially on freezing. The reason I scum for aquifers is it would just be this if I didn't: Embark, dorf dies, RAGE, Embark, dorf dies, RAGE. and so on. Mainly the embark part that bothers me.

And that is what I call a ramble.

Nah, I think I'll make another fort somewhere in the world. Echooils was fun whilst it lasted.
(Down to six dwarves now, btw. From 120 something. xD Three of them are children, and two of those three are on fire.)
Abandon while you can. If you abandon, the few survivors will likely escape the fort, and migrate to your next fort in this world and civ. Or you can enjoy the show.....hmmmmm.

Nah. They're sucky professions, and I wanted to watch rather than be practical.

Btw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had removed the 'c' when I started digging there, and the K looks weird, but whatever. :P

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #25876 on: October 04, 2012, 10:26:42 pm »

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. You even stylized it, I would of done boring grid form.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #25877 on: October 04, 2012, 10:29:05 pm »

Very artistic- three thumbs up

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25878 on: October 04, 2012, 10:34:57 pm »

Thanks. xD

I laughed far too hard at this:

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #25879 on: October 04, 2012, 10:57:03 pm »

Unbeknownst to you the meeting is actually the two of them playing rock paper scissors. Loser gets to run through the main hall naked and on fire to distract the demons.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25880 on: October 04, 2012, 11:00:23 pm »

Unbeknownst to you the meeting is actually the two of them playing rock paper scissors. Loser gets to run through the main hall naked and on fire to distract the demons.

Actually, they're outside near the edge of the map. Chilling with a Llama.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25881 on: October 05, 2012, 12:33:46 am »

My mayor is beating leprechauns senseless in the head with knuckle-dusters. Don't get near the damn booze that's all.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25882 on: October 05, 2012, 12:40:23 am »

Actually, they're outside near the edge of the map. Chilling with a Llama.
Then it must be Hoove-Magma-Nethercap. Magma covers hooves, hooves bash nethercap armored dwarves in face, and nethercap clad dorfs beat magma.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25883 on: October 05, 2012, 12:50:31 am »

Welp, my recent demon invasion did not go well. A population of 102 down to nothing. The cowardly mayor is hiding in the food stockpiles and a poor Potter is drowning in a cistern. Everyone else has been murdered, including the human caravan that picked the absolute worst time to visit.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25884 on: October 05, 2012, 01:28:11 am »

I locked the door(made of a bridge and other stuff) after the third wave. To survive the new migrants had to eat fish and berries... yuck. Luckily an elven caravan came, the hungry booze deprived dwarves quickly ganged the elves looting their wagon. Since I play masterwork an elf was a bladedancer, he was quickly overwhelmed, the rest of the elves fled away after that gruesome lynching session.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25885 on: October 05, 2012, 01:32:57 am »

Forgot one thing, one of the dwarf got his buttock dented...

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25886 on: October 05, 2012, 02:49:58 am »

Thanks. xD

Lol :D

My fort is getting absolutely terrorised by Goblin ambushes. Crazy stuff. I'm yet to have a single siege, but at one point I apparently had 6 ambushes simultaneously. Traders are getting butchered before they can get to my fort, and the ambushes themselves keep skulking around outside my fort, rendering my traps mostly useless.

First big ambush I lost all my military Dwarves in short order (so 10) plus 5-10 civvies. Then the next one I dropped from 80 Dwarves to 37. Barely managed to bury them all before tantrums started, and a mad rampaging Butcher had to be killed by the captain of the guard.

I didn't bother sending my military out the second time, I figure they may as well train until they have a chance to combat such a threat...

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25887 on: October 05, 2012, 10:04:49 am »

The caravan brought zero cloth this year.  We're the Mountainhome so we can't request it...the mills are idle till we can make cloth of our own.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25888 on: October 05, 2012, 10:27:09 am »

Well, after deciding to embark into a hilly, Untamed Wild jungle with Deep Soil, I set off with a party built to pierce an aquifer and hopefully capture and train Giant Tigers and Giant Tigermen... and then I started building a standard fort with a team not equipped for the task because I had no clue how hard it was to get into the animal-catching/training business, and the aquifer was built into the side of the hill instead of covering an entire Z-level.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25889 on: October 05, 2012, 11:11:23 am »

The caravan brought zero cloth this year.  We're the Mountainhome so we can't request it...the mills are idle till we can make cloth of our own.

Huh, I didn't know that was even possible.  I thought they'd bring oodles of it no matter what.

Anyway, Canyontalon has been pretty quiet lately.  Two years have gone by without so much as a trace of the discordant ponies.  I guess Sergeant Bortsov really crushed their morale.  I was hoping to actually get a siege eventually... maybe I should turn artifacts back on.

The most interesting things to happen were the passing of Polina and Valeriya.  They were both old women who died of age related causes in the peace of their homes.  Polina was a master with her sword, and she will be missed from the ranks of first company.  I didn't realize I'd recruited a 70 year old into my military!

This is actually the first time I've seen a legit, age related death in DF.  I forgot that .34.x would make that so much more likely.

Oh, and I discovered the butchered remains of a black bear thief in my kitchen.  I'm not entirely sure how his corpse got there, and how it got converted into a part of a *griffon egg roast*, but I didn't complain too much about making arrows out of his bones.  I would have thought black bear thieves (however they're defined in the mod) would be sapient, but the griffons can't butcher sapients.  Odd.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 [1726] 1727 1728 ... 3842