Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1723 1724 [1725] 1726 1727 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127370 times)

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25860 on: October 04, 2012, 03:32:34 am »

How "good" are elk birds as a livestock anyway? Can you milk or shear them?

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25861 on: October 04, 2012, 03:55:20 am »

Currently dealing with ghost rage in the fort -.- aside from that I'll check up with what you can do with them. I've been breeding them for meat as they lay 2-3 eggs a clutch.( not only that but unfertilized eggs are a food too! )
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25862 on: October 04, 2012, 12:47:55 pm »

A kobold tried to raid my fortress, was killed all over my farm plots.

Oh well, hope you guys like the taste of blood in your booze.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25863 on: October 04, 2012, 06:52:05 pm »

Journal of Kotonoa, 15th Moonstone, yr.453
First Previous Next

Dear Journal, what is wrong with this place? Our MeltedPants ritual is strong, but the dwarves do not appreciate it. I watched in horror as one diplomat arrived, turned, and then left unhappy ! How dare he, after all our hard work !

I have melted the most masterwork of pants, yet the ritual and the dwarves demand more. My masterwork pants, they melt in futility. I was fine with the first melting, but when I lost my second masterwork then I just felt miserable.

Some other dwarf is going crazy over an acacia log. With our lumber shortage, he must be nuts. And that child, he just keeps screaming in terror. I'm not sure what's wrong around here anymore.

Spoiler: Wood Moods are Useless (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:14:13 am by ZzarkLinux »

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #25864 on: October 04, 2012, 07:28:24 pm »

Lesson learned: Only let low level metal smiths make the pants to be melted.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25865 on: October 04, 2012, 07:33:19 pm »

Nightmareterror has been founded, in a lovely little slice of evil. Fiendish clouds drift by occasionally. The horses have been penned outside to see what effect it has. Probably a deadly decision, but we have our stone bunker made, guarded by a door and floor hatch. 4 hammerdwarves are training, and the other 3 of us are setting up basic survival areas before we attempt to breach the aquifer.

((This is FINALLY the fort I made to play with capturing, taming, and breeding dragons, hydras, and rocs. This should be Fun.))

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25866 on: October 04, 2012, 07:36:06 pm »

Assuming a breeding pair of each survived worldgen.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #25867 on: October 04, 2012, 07:48:55 pm »

You need to edit the raws to breed dragons. (More or so, get their eggs to hatch.) It cannot be done without mods. There was thread on breeding dragons.

I assume the same is of the other two.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:06:11 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25868 on: October 04, 2012, 08:25:51 pm »

I um... I think I just accidentally discovered the circus the first time. After discovering candy for the first time. I'm on a three year old fortress. This... This should be !!Fun!!.

Edit: Wrote forest instead of fortress. I'm no Elf.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:39:38 pm by Ki11aGhost »

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #25869 on: October 04, 2012, 08:31:04 pm »

I um... I think I just accidentally discovered the circus the first time. After discovering candy for the first time. I'm on a three year old forest. This... This should be !!Fun!!.
Well, did you find a big empty room, that was filled with laughter the next tick or so? Then you found the circus. Have fun and enjoy show! Though you might want to lock the door with a stone, don't want to get motion sick, do you?

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25870 on: October 04, 2012, 08:37:38 pm »

I um... I think I just accidentally discovered the circus the first time. After discovering candy for the first time. I'm on a three year old forest. This... This should be !!Fun!!.
Well, did you find a big empty room, that was filled with laughter the next tick or so? Then you found the circus. Have fun and enjoy show! Though you might want to lock the door with a stone, don't want to get motion sick, do you?

Ironic. They're coming out of the 'c' in the "Fuck Yeah!" mining designation art thing I made on a whim. I shall indeed go get some popcorn.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25871 on: October 04, 2012, 09:08:55 pm »

I already edited the raws and put the required tags in. Rocs seem to have most of it, hydra and dragons don't. Also made it so there were a while ton of megabeasts, there are at least 3 breeding pairs of each present in the world.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #25872 on: October 04, 2012, 10:01:21 pm »

I already edited the raws and put the required tags in. Rocs seem to have most of it, hydra and dragons don't. Also made it so there were a while ton of megabeasts, there are at least 3 breeding pairs of each present in the world.
Then may Armok have mercy on your enemies' souls.

Ironic. They're coming out of the 'c' in the "Fuck Yeah!" mining designation art thing I made on a whim. I shall indeed go get some popcorn.

A fuck yeah at the base of an adamantite pillar. Eveywhere else they would say, "You nuts!?" Here, what you get from me is, "You'd be a fine dwarf."

Save scumming is always an option, but it is up to you.

I just realized........I save scum too much. I need to EMBRACE THE FUN! Unless it's aquifers, those things are nightmares to get through, especially on freezing. The reason I scum for aquifers is it would just be this if I didn't: Embark, dorf dies, RAGE, Embark, dorf dies, RAGE. and so on. Mainly the embark part that bothers me.

And that is what I call a ramble.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25873 on: October 04, 2012, 10:11:02 pm »

A fuck yeah at the base of an adamantite pillar. Eveywhere else they would say, "You nuts!?" Here, what you get from me is, "You'd be a fine dwarf."

I just realized........I save scum too much. I need to EMBRACE THE FUN! Unless it's aquifers, those things are nightmares to get through, especially on freezing. The reason I scum for aquifers is it would just be this if I didn't: Embark, dorf dies, RAGE, Embark, dorf dies, RAGE. and so on. Mainly the embark part that bothers me.

Nah, I think I'll make another fort somewhere in the world. Echooils was fun whilst it lasted.
(Down to six dwarves now, btw. From 120 something. xD Three of them are children, and two of those three are on fire.)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #25874 on: October 04, 2012, 10:18:43 pm »

Nah, I think I'll make another fort somewhere in the world. Echooils was fun whilst it lasted.
(Down to six dwarves now, btw. From 120 something. xD Three of them are children, and two of those three are on fire.)
Abandon while you can. If you abandon, the few survivors will likely escape the fort, and migrate to your next fort in this world and civ. Or you can enjoy the show.....hmmmmm.
Pages: 1 ... 1723 1724 [1725] 1726 1727 ... 3842