Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1703 1704 [1705] 1706 1707 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6128848 times)

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25560 on: September 16, 2012, 01:41:59 pm »

Searched Metal Recent Engravings Report:

The Citizens love the killing! The whole side of the Arena is engraved with fortification to see the action. Citizens have engraved the famous ballista arrow on the road to the arena, a reminder of our patriotism to warfare ingeniosity and security. The children in great numbers came to see the action from a safe security of ten storey tall. Though miasma is a drag! Soon there's gonna be throwing hammers in the arena! And the new champions!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25561 on: September 16, 2012, 01:57:45 pm »

Never used drawbridge as catapults before. Suggestion accepted. Now the arena is full of miasma and the gladiator main task is to get the corpses out... should'a built a pit somewhere down there. I'm also digging a track for carts delivery!! :)
I'm not sure it works, never tried it either. However, I remember reading that things now sail in an arc when thrown with bridges.

Can't tell you where I read that though, can't seem to find it again.

Bridges do make wonderful improvised catapults. I've killed many a troll in Glacialhell with them landing on thier heads.

WHEN THE FUCK DID SPRING COME!? D: last i saw it was mid-winter, and a miner had finally cheered up enough from almost dying to throw a party in the dining hall while we scrambled to try and ready bedrooms for the coming migrants. Jesus, good thing I just had a bunch of copmbat gear produced cause we're going to need to head down and face the troglodyte and crundle hordes just to have enough water to survive until the farms are made.... In hindsight, perhaps using silver for exports was a bad idea considering the current state of supply...

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25562 on: September 16, 2012, 02:03:37 pm »

Arena New Contestant: An eight legged panther that shoot webs; super tundra titan! And a new wave of mig.. gladiators all seeming to like unarmed combat, because they brought no weapons. Well good for them cause the throwing hammers are not finished.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25563 on: September 16, 2012, 02:13:56 pm »

Went from 15 to 40, and the wave isn't even done yet. Got a decent number of rangers with some crossbow skill, hammerdorfs, swordsdorfs, a few throw away workers, and one disturbing thing of a cheese maker with NO relations. I mean literally nothing. No gods tht might have cursed him, no wife, no family... Just... nothing. Only one kid in the group so far, a mess of pets and lives stock, several apparent former worldgen heroes, a miner, a couple peasent who were hammerdorfs and being drafted to help smooth the bedrooms. Sine thier arrival, I'll have to begin building fortifications so I can start some population control through combat.

On the plus side, training shouldn't take too long with so many pretrained soldiers, plus I even got a decent wound dresser/hole closer (also known professionally as a suturer.) Just barely had enough rooms for the additional 30 something dwarves who've arrived.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25564 on: September 16, 2012, 02:16:42 pm »

The first gladiators made it into the arena and are hoarding foodstuff. We are dropping booze pots on their head, but they seems to be dieing because they keep receiving these on their heads. Any idea how to deliver drinks and food? Be creative it should be deadly.

Shot-gun supplies with a minecart over the wall and into the arena.  Increased danger area over just a single drop zone.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25565 on: September 16, 2012, 02:24:52 pm »

Never used drawbridge as catapults before. Suggestion accepted. Now the arena is full of miasma and the gladiator main task is to get the corpses out... should'a built a pit somewhere down there. I'm also digging a track for carts delivery!! :)
I'm not sure it works, never tried it either. However, I remember reading that things now sail in an arc when thrown with bridges.

Can't tell you where I read that though, can't seem to find it again.

Bridges do make wonderful improvised catapults. I've killed many a troll in Glacialhell with them landing on thier heads.

WHEN THE FUCK DID SPRING COME!? D: last i saw it was mid-winter, and a miner had finally cheered up enough from almost dying to throw a party in the dining hall while we scrambled to try and ready bedrooms for the coming migrants. Jesus, good thing I just had a bunch of copmbat gear produced cause we're going to need to head down and face the troglodyte and crundle hordes just to have enough water to survive until the farms are made.... In hindsight, perhaps using silver for exports was a bad idea considering the current state of supply...
I'm currently doing some minor !!Science!! via kitten flinging.

Want to see if items do actually fly over  z-levels when thrown (first try, the kitten ended up on top of a wall, and the combar report pointed at a z-level superior to the one I found it in, so I'm hopeful)

EDIT: also one of my farmers has been possessed -.- and is asking for rocks, which I don't- and can't right now- have.  His best skill is Adequate Brewer, so yeah he can die for all I care.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 02:29:45 pm by darkgloomie »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25566 on: September 16, 2012, 02:29:59 pm »

items will get launched and if they fall on someone, will often injur or outright kill them. Living things will oft be launched and land on thier heads or into traps.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25567 on: September 16, 2012, 03:21:08 pm »

Launched a silver minecart into one of the chaos dwarves that killed the six-legged panther. Got his arm broken...

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25568 on: September 16, 2012, 03:36:18 pm »

ZOMBIE DRAGON CAPTURED.

Science in a few decades.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25569 on: September 16, 2012, 03:47:55 pm »

A couple in my fort just had their first son. I think I'll let them keep the little booze-guzzler, but the next one's getting Dwarven Day Care.

In other news, my hunters killed 5 or so Giant Sparrows, and while they were out caught and killed 2 kobold thieves. The meat was a good change of pace in a mainly plant-based fortress.

I've also gotten some defensive projects going, and I'll be channeling my river again and better surrounding my entrance. (Channeling to make enemies need to go across the bridge, as it's a nice choke point, and I can reel up the bridge in front and behind them, and let my archers rain down arrows through fortifications while they're stuck there.)

Edit:

Got two more births. A boy and a girl. I normally would complain, but I'm absolutely drowning in rum and prepared meals, so it's fine. I might put the boy in Dwarven Day Care if I find the time to set it up before he turns 1. His family shall be mainly military, I've decided. (Except for the second eldest boy in the family, who's to be trained as a miner.)

Edit2:

Right after I got done typing that last edit, I got a migrant wave of 20. Most are useless, but I got another soapmaker, and a few melee military dwarves. :) The food and drink is as high as ever, even after all the migrants made a beeline for the rum.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 05:01:48 pm by Ki11aGhost »

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25570 on: September 16, 2012, 05:27:20 pm »

Migrants have arrived!
An Ambush, Curse them! (1 Lasher squad and 1 Xbow Squad)

Fast forward to next season...

An Elven Caravan from Treeplacehippyville has arrived.
An Ambush, Curse them! (1 Lasher squad and 1 Xbow Squad again...can ambushes re-stealth?)

Later that season...
Migrants have arrived!
An Ambush, Curse them! (1 Axegobbo squad and 1 Archer Squad)

"Madoc is throwing a tantrum."
"The spinning table hits the bystander in the skull, shattering the skull and jamming the skull through the brain, tearing the brain."
 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ .....................................................................................┻━┻☆(>。≪)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25571 on: September 16, 2012, 05:54:00 pm »

The Bay12 Forum-goer screams "I must have cliffs!!"

Scouting for a future megaproject site is going slowly.  Lakeside cliffs are annoying to find.  But I must.  Crystalspires the Citadel of Ages will be constructed!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #25572 on: September 16, 2012, 06:18:10 pm »

"The spinning table hits the bystander in the skull, shattering the skull and jamming the skull through the brain, tearing the brain."
 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ .....................................................................................┻━┻☆(>。≪)

That is some hardcore table flipping. Weaponise his talent!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25573 on: September 16, 2012, 07:14:18 pm »

The goblin snatched a baby and began a full out sprint towards the wilds. Our archer nails the goblin with one bolt, but he continues his pace. He's 1 second from being out of rang of the archers and the militia will never reach up w/ him! The archer makes one last shot and 'Bam!' right in the left shoulder, making the goblin drop the bag, releasing the baby from it's bagged jail. The militia was able to catch-up while the goblin rolled on the ground holding his shoulder in pain. A perfect moment of justice!

Pyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25574 on: September 16, 2012, 07:17:16 pm »

Permission to sig?
I agree, most of us can't make singing rockets either. Unless you count them screaming through the atmosphere towards a fiery doom as singing.
Pages: 1 ... 1703 1704 [1705] 1706 1707 ... 3842