Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1692 1693 [1694] 1695 1696 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6129405 times)

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25395 on: September 09, 2012, 03:25:41 pm »

Dwarven merchants arrived! They fought their way through a weaker portion of the horde and made it into the tunnel there is now nothing between them and the depot! Glory to dwarf kind!

Sadly, the outpost liaison didn't make it...

100 Gold Nuggets says they don't make it back out alive.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25396 on: September 09, 2012, 03:28:52 pm »

That's a fair bet. I doubt there will actually be time for them to sit in the depot, either.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25397 on: September 09, 2012, 03:31:37 pm »

Rob your kinsmen blind. It's for their own good.

Too bad the liason didn't make it. You could have requested gear.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25398 on: September 09, 2012, 03:33:42 pm »

Swapped over to Glacialhell and I am greeted by Amcot Omsosspothrib, a great 3 eyed pterosaur with three long tails and deadly spittle! Meng Smithhollow, TheCoincidental Notch of Glittering, Champion of Glacialhell, steps up to fight the beast. Surely, she thinks, that this fell monster, an afront to all things dwarves hold dear, shall fall as the other mighty terrors to attack have, some felled by her own hand:

Thuthu the hill titan, decapitated by a strike from her bronze mace.
Tustong Sweetcomets the giantess, brought low with shattered knees and had her skull split with the champion's steel mace.
Omur the terrible noseless horse, who succumbed to lack of air when it's own ribs were driven into it's lungs.

Others by her comrades of the Armored Roses, speardwarves second to none, who fight "As elves" in only thier clothing with simple copper and irons spears and towercap shields.

Glowblossoms the bloodthirsty draltha, who murdered a miner who was merely aiding in crundle corpse disposal, slain by a copper spear to the brainpan by Kulet Machinelashes The Clod of Singeing,
Swallowedmarket the giant toad, who claimed one of the fortress's few truly skilled meatcutters, slain by Dakost Oramobbed, the Sweetness of Chill.
Siga Skullstomb, the fell quadruped of undescribable FUGLY, also killed by Dakost Oramobbed, the Sweetness of Chill.

As one of the Lifeminers once said, "THERE! STILL MORE COME TO DIE!" And die the beast shall.

EDIT: Ok, scratch that. I'm not losing soldiers to drowning. yes I savescummed, because as far as I know, dwarves can't climb out of wells. I really don't like that word, and yes I am ashamed but that fucking thing would have  gotten an unacceptable kill. Smash her skull? Fine. I'll deal with that and sick all me soldiers on you. Knock her into a lake and drown here: Not gonna fly.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25399 on: September 09, 2012, 05:21:56 pm »

Undead count down to ~455. I turned off invasions just because I refuse to deal with even more undead/ambushing necromancers. two kobolds made it downstairs to harass the caravan in the depot and were dealt with brutally. Goblin ambush parties still throw themselves against the horde and die miserably.

Ki11aGhost, you owe me 100 gold nuggets: 1 of the traders and his guard survived to make it off map. The other 2 and their guards were both wiped out, but that's still a trader escaping.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25400 on: September 09, 2012, 05:46:06 pm »

Just settled in a new world. Here's where I embarked:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Think my Goblin Neighbors will give me a warm welcome?  :D

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25401 on: September 09, 2012, 06:38:45 pm »

Our citizens are still trying to understand how to put pig tail clothes uniform on. Time for slime mold now hmmmmmmmmm

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25402 on: September 09, 2012, 06:41:38 pm »

Instead of thepterosaur, I got a web slinging dimetrodon that was killed by a hail of bolts. I also noticed that noseless horse from earlier had a shell. TIME FOR DECORATIONING. Although all the shit we have still needs to be foisted on a caravan with wagons.

We're becoming quite the experts in naked mole dog rearing, and we're producing some of the finest inbred giant moles nature could provide! Still no more polar bears sadly... I wanted my mayor to have a breeding pair of her own.

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25403 on: September 09, 2012, 06:53:07 pm »

I just went from 21 dwarfs to 49 in one migration wave.  My brewer is working overtime. 
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25404 on: September 09, 2012, 06:59:42 pm »

Maybe you could build your brewers still inside his bedroom then burrow him there and deliver food to him

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25405 on: September 09, 2012, 07:00:12 pm »

Our hunter just started screaming for a whole bunch of shit, namely bones, so i think I'm about to get another bone carver.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25406 on: September 09, 2012, 07:12:20 pm »

Genning a new world, trying to find one where I can capture, train, and breed dragons. I think I've found a likely place... just hope the dragons will come to me. There is a male on site (or nearby) and several females elsewhere in the world.

Having a hell of a time trying to find the lair of one of the existing ones, and I hope the rest invade at some point.

One can only hope...

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25407 on: September 09, 2012, 07:29:22 pm »

Genning a new world, trying to find one where I can capture, train, and breed dragons. I think I've found a likely place... just hope the dragons will come to me. There is a male on site (or nearby) and several females elsewhere in the world.

Having a hell of a time trying to find the lair of one of the existing ones, and I hope the rest invade at some point.

One can only hope...

Did you turn on Make Caves Visible? If you're lucky you could find a dragon in one.

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25408 on: September 09, 2012, 08:09:25 pm »

I'm a newb, so I don't know if this will work in the game, but it works logicially.  If you make your history readable and look for legendary dragons, they tell where their lair is.  (As well as name giant hyenas, etc.)
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25409 on: September 09, 2012, 08:49:03 pm »

Just started putting the levels of my fortress up, and unexpectedly, I found the caverns. At level five.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- A lot of caps lock rage and the like.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:53:58 pm by Ki11aGhost »
Pages: 1 ... 1692 1693 [1694] 1695 1696 ... 3842