Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1689 1690 [1691] 1692 1693 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6129818 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25350 on: September 08, 2012, 06:00:25 pm »

Better make it a nice long winding tunnel filled to the brim with more traps. Can any of your workers bring magama up to flush out the halls? (I'm guessing not but it's a thought.)

I made it windy as all hell. Now all I need is more serrated disks...

Magma was a serious consideration, but as far as I've known, zombies have a tendency to burn for all eternity, but never collapse, as a result of magma. It would mak it that much more difficult to get to the surface. For the moment, all I gotta do is clear out the upper fortress, and pull the levers attached to the gates.

Others count is up to 1131 and rising. The entire minimap is bright red.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 06:06:59 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25351 on: September 08, 2012, 06:30:56 pm »

Charmtowns
5th Limestone, 206

Hah! Found the little bastard, finally! I've set my two squads to MURDER MODE and aimed them at the pesky necromancer. Once it's dead I should be able to rest easy and have as many shells as I want, seeing as I'm completely blocked off from the rest of the world and DFHack says there's only one cursed creature on the map anyway.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25352 on: September 08, 2012, 06:37:00 pm »

The elves have come with many a giant critter in tow. When thew diplomat arrives I'm goign to see if I can request breeding partners for what they've already sold me before they crap out from old age.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25353 on: September 08, 2012, 06:50:25 pm »

All of Cryptclear's women decided to give birth this year, so the 15 or so babies pushed us over 80 population and we got our first siege.  Squad of goblin spearmen plus a giant olm, they were swiftly dispatched with the military.  We are now in spring of our third year.  Yay!  Actually eagerly awaiting migrants for once because I need to fill the recently-vacated military positions because I don't need babyshields in my military.

Made a statue garden so the freaking 30 or so idlers can throw parties and at least be doing something.  Debating making a megaproject - like making my fort entrance a giant igloo.  That might work.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25354 on: September 08, 2012, 07:03:09 pm »

Muahahahaha! The gates are open, and now comes the slow march of the undead towards... A lot of big buzz saws!

Shit, undead kobolds are trapavoid as well! This means I actually need to train someone for combat!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25355 on: September 08, 2012, 07:05:36 pm »

or temporarily remove thier trapavoid tag. :3

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25356 on: September 08, 2012, 07:08:45 pm »

Muahahahaha! The gates are open, and now comes the slow march of the undead towards... A lot of big buzz saws!

Shit, undead kobolds are trapavoid as well! This means I actually need to train someone for combat!

Buzzsaws only increase the zombie issue anyway. :( (Good luck!)

Charmtowns
28th Limestone, 206

Oh, did I mention that I've got fastdorfs? Because I've got fastdorfs. Also I turned off the kidcap, so maybe I'll get more minions in about 12 years.

Not much else to blabber about... building up the dining hall after having smoothed it, smoothed the dormitories and am now engraving the shit out of them. I have an unholy amount of fish.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25357 on: September 08, 2012, 07:11:50 pm »

I have an unholy amount of fish.

Hey, food's food. I have an unholy amount of beekeeping products for some demented reason. I honestly didn't think industrial scale production was possible with bees.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25358 on: September 08, 2012, 07:19:44 pm »

I have an unholy amount of fish.

Hey, food's food. I have an unholy amount of beekeeping products for some demented reason. I honestly didn't think industrial scale production was possible with bees.

I have twice as much fish as booze. Bluh. Shall have to plant moar crops.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25359 on: September 08, 2012, 07:21:24 pm »

I hope my nobles like Floodgates. Because that's all my Fey Mooders ever want to make.
I appreciate the skill boosts, but seriously... floodgates? Wood with Skunk Bone and Billon with Water Buffalo Bone? What is wrong with you people?

Other than that floodgate artifact, not much is going on. I set up my hospital and opened up the caverns, but that's about it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25360 on: September 08, 2012, 07:29:33 pm »

Seriously considering putting the kids to work with Dwarf Therapist and having them assist with milling using the querns the baroness had made last year. Netted a whol less of random critters in cages, including a grizzly bear so I'm considering having the elves just import me shit to make a nice zoo.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25361 on: September 08, 2012, 07:30:47 pm »

Journal of Kotonoa, 15th Hematite, yr.452
First Previous Next

We cleaned up the zombies, they're either locked in chambers or locked in cages. I'm glad I locked our exit door because a zombie dog was prowling that passage. Even then, when I tried to fetch water, a snatcher got in there too and scared me good. We need to get our water source to a safer location.

Nanaka is recovering, but she's thirsty and hungry. I ordered our GemCutter and Brewer to make buckets for her, and she is finally getting some assistance while I clean her up.

Spoiler: Lower Fort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hospital Area (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:27:50 pm by ZzarkLinux »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25362 on: September 08, 2012, 07:35:58 pm »

This was the greeting from the dwarven diplomat.

Evidently we're doing well enough to be called dwarves by dwarves. Not sure how to feel about that.
Looking for advice: Cheat and have the kids aid in milling, or let it be?

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25363 on: September 08, 2012, 07:42:19 pm »

The more you cheat the less !Fun! you have. :P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25364 on: September 08, 2012, 07:50:19 pm »

It's not a matter of life or death. if it were I probably would have cheated already to incinerate any enemy rangers. This is just a matter of having several meteric fucktons of bags and millable plants and only one guy who's any good at milling. Everyone else does other largly important settlement functions so I'm fairly reluctant to spare them.
Pages: 1 ... 1689 1690 [1691] 1692 1693 ... 3842