Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1686 1687 [1688] 1689 1690 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6129905 times)

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25305 on: September 06, 2012, 10:36:11 pm »

Forgot to pause whilst reading that wall of text and a needed caravan escaped. Is there a way to get the game to pause when announcing merchants will leave soon? :/

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25306 on: September 06, 2012, 10:38:40 pm »

Not that I know of. but speaking of leaving the game running and forgetting, I just pulled it up and came back to a pile of dismembered goblins.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25307 on: September 06, 2012, 10:42:12 pm »

Just had a migrant wave arrive with one happiness 0 miserable dwarf. This pain in the ass caused one of my previous fortresses to fall.

Thoughts on how to kill him? Creative ideas only please. I want this fucktard to pay.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25308 on: September 06, 2012, 10:45:11 pm »

A pit filled with spikes, wild animals and goblins? If the spikes don't kill him the rest sure as hell will. And having your arm torn off by a bear isn't a fun way to die.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25309 on: September 06, 2012, 10:48:06 pm »

I had a minotaur invade my fortress as well. A speardwarf put a spear in its arm, after the minotaur gets hit by a bolt in the lung. It falls over, then the speardwarf bites its left foot... The speardwarf leader then puts his iron spear into the minotaurs face, killing instantly.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25310 on: September 06, 2012, 10:50:40 pm »

Don't have any captured creatures. I could catch some, but it'd take a while, and he'd probably die from thirst before I could get 'em. (No way that greedy little crydwarfy bastard is getting his chubby fingers on the rum made by actual working dwarves.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25311 on: September 06, 2012, 10:52:33 pm »

Feed him to a magma forge then? (AKA burrow him on a retracting bridge and drop his ass in. SLow horrible melty death.)

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25312 on: September 06, 2012, 11:22:06 pm »

No access to magma. Relatively new fortress and I've been waiting to dig down to caverns till I have a decent military. I got off for today, but tomorrow I'll probably get my fort hospital up, make a defended cavern entrance, and then head for the Sea of Magma, if I don't see some along the way.

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25313 on: September 07, 2012, 12:38:17 am »

Just had a migrant wave arrive with one happiness 0 miserable dwarf. This pain in the ass caused one of my previous fortresses to fall.

Thoughts on how to kill him? Creative ideas only please. I want this fucktard to pay.

Why don't you make a small hollow tower around a tree about 3 levels high then place a bridge in the middle?
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25314 on: September 07, 2012, 05:52:15 am »

Omur the great noseless horse has come! It has deadly spittle and has been bludgeoned to death by by a bunch of macedorfs! And is now being turned into tasty treats.

Actually seeing as most of a horses face is its nose, imagining a noseless horse is quite disturbing...

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25315 on: September 07, 2012, 06:14:53 am »

Journal of Kotonoa, 28th Slate, yr.452
First Previous Next

I'm doing a little better after ... That incident. There are still undead dwarves walking the surface, but the new migrants are working hard to avenge their deaths by aiding our below ground developments. They're welcome here as long as they need, provided that they wash that acrid ooze off their clothes. Our Axedwarves are discussing a pre-emptive strike against the zombies in our access cooridor. I heard them mention our spare metal cages when passing by.

Spoiler: Decontamination (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Possible Targets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:04:11 pm by ZzarkLinux »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #25316 on: September 07, 2012, 09:15:48 am »

This is going to be bad, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then suddenly:
Also this:

And here I thought ADULT cats were hardcore.

ALL HAIL CAT-POWER

edit: bawww it also died D:

edit 2: and then due to some digging mistake that managed to slip my attention, a forgotten beast entered my fort, killing 5 or 6 military dwarfes. Luckily, human caravan just arrived.
But where are kittens when you need them?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:36:36 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25317 on: September 07, 2012, 10:29:41 am »

i realized that, in DF coffins aren't good enough.... damned necromancers.... my fort didn't stand a chance...
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25318 on: September 07, 2012, 10:42:16 am »

Home caravan arrives with diplomat in tow, as the stockades go up around the settlement. I've managed to produce more honey and such than I can process so either I'm very lucky or humans are better at beekeeping than dwarves. The bank is roofed, the temple largely smoothed, and once trading is completed, Ill have the miners carve out the remainder, to be systematically flooded around a great copper mussel.

Still got plenty fo worn out and pottery shit to sell. Soon there will be piles of  modbold junk to foist on them too.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25319 on: September 07, 2012, 11:01:27 am »

Machinegate

Dammit. Despite what my fortress's name might suggest, I don't have the front gate hooked up to an emergency lever yet. >:(

Edit: A hunter I forgot to deactivate killed it, there's now a human corpse lying outside.

Son of Edit: That same hunter got a secretive mood and yanked three piles of water buffalo bone before settling in to work. And he made a bin worth 4800 dorfbucks. Bwahaha!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:17:26 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.
Pages: 1 ... 1686 1687 [1688] 1689 1690 ... 3842