Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1654 1655 [1656] 1657 1658 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6123976 times)

angrysully

Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #24825 on: August 13, 2012, 09:42:47 pm »

Usually most non humanoid creatures will be cut up on thier own. But sometimes you may need to build the shops to process them next to them.

The FB slipped in through the well, and was met by a flurry of recently aquired axes, angry fists and a copper sword. Hell, the teeming child horde even got involed and actually dove on it instead of running.

EDIT: A stray bit of FB webbing resulted in a caged engraver. I'm half tempted to try and sell him for lulz.

Dunno who scored the kill because it was a bleedout, but the caverns, such as they are, are safe once more.

I wish mine were safe but I have to build a special room to try and kill all the demons who invaded out of hell and try to block it when I'm done.  If I can do that, I can actually get some magma forges and hunt/capture the animals in the caverns.  There are hundreds of webs/limbs/blood/guts/skeletons all over down there because the demons kill everything including FB's who spawn. 

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24826 on: August 13, 2012, 09:51:34 pm »

In a recent goblin ambush, a goblin recruit showed up wearing a +dwarf bone crown+. I wish I could've adopted him.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24827 on: August 13, 2012, 09:54:00 pm »

My future noble's chambers seem to have become a giant depiction of Glacialhell's founding. It's either that or certain dorfs becoming certain admin positions or that stupid kobold stealing the headscarf. I was hoping that my three legendary engravers would be engraving the FB battle so I'd know who killed it.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24828 on: August 13, 2012, 09:54:51 pm »

The horse head hair attacked us, so my militia responded ...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh Ren and Stimpy, you can migrate here anytime.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #24829 on: August 13, 2012, 10:14:42 pm »

Know that tanning workshop I made out of ice earlier? It melted.

Expected, yet I did it anyway.  ::)
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24830 on: August 13, 2012, 10:19:20 pm »

Somewhere along the way I seem to have captured a cave croc. I can't wait to instigate a war with the elves. They won't have the weapons to take limbs off my dorfs.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24831 on: August 13, 2012, 10:45:51 pm »

Welp, a forgotten beast burst from the caverns and put an end to the thirst games.

Time to try again. This time an un-evil embark, and it seems I hit the jackpot: there's whole layers of obsidian here. Also copper ores.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24832 on: August 13, 2012, 10:59:54 pm »

Nearly the entire segment of glacier has been bent to my will, with only a few pieces left unscathed to appear as  a valley. I've also begun building an iceroad with ice columns to funnle wagons more readily. There's no baby crundles sadly, as it seems the mother got yanked repeatedly off the eggs.

Anyone know the gestation time for moledogs?

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24833 on: August 13, 2012, 11:02:06 pm »

Had a bugged outpost liason hanging around my fort. Figured I'd send my dorfs to end him.

Then it hit me RIGHT before the first (and last strike) on the liason:
... loyalty cascade.

EDIT: And a wave of snatchers are showing up now that my fort's gone mad.

EDIT 2: Should've thought before reclaiming. Snatchers hanging around in my fort.

Found a coyote left eye tooth in my workshop layer.
Coyote... left eye... tooth.

His eyes had teeth in them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:30:35 am by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24834 on: August 14, 2012, 04:13:33 am »

Mostod Ishlum has a new Legendary Bonecarver having produced something that might actually be useful, a grizzly bear bone weapon rack named the Crux of Wetting.........

Notably, the creator is only one year old and obviously anxious about his bed-wetting problem.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24835 on: August 14, 2012, 04:19:40 am »

My weaponsmith has been possessed and created Nabasosed, an iridium zweihander. Dunno about its usefullness in battle : is it an interesting alloy for weapon/armor purpose, or not ?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:22:26 am by MightyDorf »

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24836 on: August 14, 2012, 08:21:28 am »

"Fellskull" my legendary Fell-mood bonecarver and millitary commander just had his arm ripped off by a Cave-Dragon live training exercise - the drop didnt stun the Cave-Dragon :(. He didnt even bother with hospital, just milling around with "Moderate Blood Loss" and "Ability to grasp somewhat impaired" - yeah, losing a whole arm will do that to ya. In anycase, the badass is getting a Tomb for when the inevitable happens.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #24837 on: August 14, 2012, 11:36:08 am »

Welp, cave ogres invaded my fort through the last few holes in the wall.

I admit, when I tried to take out the first ogre with just the sworddorf, she became seriously injured. So one save scum later I tried again, but this time took the useless fisherdorfs and added them to the squad. Two died, but the ogre was defeated.

Then a second ogre came.

Added another disposable wrestler to the squad and stationed them at the entrance to the caves. On a side note as they're getting in position the dwarven caravan arrives. Anyway, they engage, and, to my surprise, this one was struck down with no casualties or injuries.

Welp, time to throw the few crafts I have at the dorfen caravan and carefully decide on what to get. Top priority is food.

Edit: I just realized, my refuse pile is full.....
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24838 on: August 14, 2012, 11:49:45 am »

My future noble's chambers seem to have become a giant depiction of Glacialhell's founding. It's either that or certain dorfs becoming certain admin positions or that stupid kobold stealing the headscarf. I was hoping that my three legendary engravers would be engraving the FB battle so I'd know who killed it.

Memorialise the beast. Then read the slab.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24839 on: August 14, 2012, 11:57:00 am »

Just managed to sell 58 gneiss querns to the elves during the approximately 5 minutes that the baroness let the quern embargo drop. Had to buy a giant grasshopper and a giant wombat just to make enough room on the cart.

Next target: the mayor's leather buckler pile.

Edit:
BARONESS IS ASLEEP

SELL QUERNS
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:01:21 pm by doublestrafe »
Pages: 1 ... 1654 1655 [1656] 1657 1658 ... 3842