Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099642 times)

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #23145 on: May 26, 2012, 12:08:50 pm »

How the hell can a kea even lift a pick? THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

THEY FLEW AWAY WITH THEM AS WELL!

The Kea menace shall pay for this. They must be working in league with the Macaque monkeys..

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23146 on: May 26, 2012, 12:13:02 pm »

Haven't seen any undead at all for the pass year and some humans have just showed up, so I'm deeming it's absolutely safe right now to dig a tunnel into the center of my dining room to build a watch tower in the center-western most area of the evil lands. I'm still expecting nothing to go wrong.

• In retrospect, I just remembered : Kobolds

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23147 on: May 26, 2012, 12:51:47 pm »

How the hell can a kea even lift a pick? THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

THEY FLEW AWAY WITH THEM AS WELL!

The Kea menace shall pay for this. They must be working in league with the Macaque monkeys..

I fixed the macaque issue by having wooden shield equppied nub  militia bludgeon them to death. You'd be amazed at how quickly a dwarf SDtops really giving a damn about anything anymore when they kill 12 monkies with an oak shield in the IRL span of 45 seconds.

Gonna need archers to kill those stupid birds.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23148 on: May 26, 2012, 01:11:05 pm »

Reinedtown has defeated its 4th siege. No casualties besides expendable livestock. Weapon traps in the entry need to be remodeled, some of the more agile goblins managed to dodge halfway through the traps.

Also breached the caverns to harvest silk for a moody dwarf. The 2 forgotten beasts that were having fun with the resident rat people decided to have a party with my masons and miners... all was good until the party got rough and the bouncers came to break it up. Forgotten beasts are now being butchered, and all dwarves have no injuries from the party.

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23149 on: May 26, 2012, 01:34:04 pm »

Knifetheater has been made into a barony.

What exactly does the Champion noble do?
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #23150 on: May 26, 2012, 01:43:31 pm »

improve morale I think it was

keas have been reported to fly away with a minecart
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23151 on: May 26, 2012, 01:53:57 pm »

A clusterfuck happened involving those snatchers. one soldier died of a severed spine, thou he'd delived the same with dsamaging spinal tissue with a well aimed kicked before succumbing (It was a counterstrike that happened in the smae instance. I imagine it lookjed more like a stray flailing motion than a kick.)

Lasher saved the other kid, breaking a knee and then a face with her whip. She suffered heavy bruising and a broken left arm, but that doesn't matter as that wasn't her weapon hand nor did she have a shield.

Mining of copper and gold viens is going normally, a mill has been built, and the troops are mentally prepared to assault the caverns directly.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23152 on: May 26, 2012, 04:32:25 pm »

Double edged sword.

The humans just got caught in the blood rain, and are all passing out.
1. I'm building cage traps beneath the guards to catch some well needed sentries. A bowman, a lasher and a spearman. The other guards came with slightly less useful weapons, so will probably go with the other prisoners, or maybe moose pitted if I can't find a place to house them.
2. The merchants are just sleeping, singing and dancing in the (blood) rain.

Also, for some reason nothing went wrong with the tunnel straight to the surface.

Nothing.

I'm scared.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23153 on: May 26, 2012, 05:41:37 pm »

Much blood has been spilt in establishing Gemglow, but things are starting to look slightly less bleak

If only the damn mason would just get over all the brutal things he's seen... Stricken by melancholy my ass!

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23154 on: May 26, 2012, 06:11:04 pm »

Just had an 80-strong gobbo siege, we fought them off but at the price of basically all non-elite soldiers.

The only non-elite soldier remaining lost his left eye and his right hand in the battle but was awarded a title "Uvash Morulrodar, The Lonely Ruler of Mining"
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #23155 on: May 26, 2012, 06:56:46 pm »

3 ambushes showed up simultanously. One at the horribly trapped entrance, one at the dodge pit and one at the... hey, I forgot I had an entrance there. It's been some time since I played this fort, this entrance was supposed to become a cave in trap - against tougher titans and such - and construction was still underway. A mechanic, mason and misc other were caught, together with their pet dog.

Now, as I said, it was some time since I last played, a month or three, so I immediately checked my militia, since I usually neglect it slightly. Woah, 5 squads and arf squads. Hey, those three names look familiar... let's see skill... elite? well well well.

3 elite marksdwarfs and a pet dog vs 8 mace gobs led by a spear gob in a narrow hallway. It was a slaughter, though the dog's contribution was to chew on unconcious people their helmets.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23156 on: May 26, 2012, 08:28:32 pm »

Rest In Peace, wherever you are...

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23157 on: May 27, 2012, 06:31:24 am »

My latest fort, Boltssavage, is living up to its name. A swarm of hunters is scouring the lands of all living things, including elephants and bonobos. My stockpiles can't keep up with the massive intake of meat and meat-related products. Also, my main export is ivory in the form of crafts. Imagine all those earrings whittled down from single tusks.
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23158 on: May 27, 2012, 08:11:58 am »

The animal trainers in Gearedsoldier have started taming ravens. So far, we've learnt a few facts about taming them :)

Update: We're now generally familiar with ravens!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:22:42 am by crazysheep »
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23159 on: May 27, 2012, 08:14:44 am »

New embark on a taiga covered volcano. Watchmines. A massive mountain of basalt, obsidian and peat. Riddled with lots of gold veins and who know what else below ground. My mountainhome had all the ingredients for bismuth bronze. So I took enough for 30 processes of it. Plenty enough for tools and gear to get a fort off the ground.

The top layer levels of the volcano have been cut bare in the first year. And some temporary surface corp fields planted to help tide the fort over till the secure farms are complete inside the fort proper. The militia commander. My only real military dwarf so far. Has got a nice suit of bismuth bronze armor, axe and shield. He mostly helps haul or chases off any animal people that stray too far to the makeshift camp on top of the volcano.

Seeing there's plenty of obsidian I have been making and exporting mechanisms. Quite a high value to weight and easy to make. I exported 3k wealth worth of them for all the food and drink the caravan had. Along with some cloth and leather bins. Once the interior well and farm complex are carved out all the supplies can be moved in and I can see about making the residents comfier.

Also a migrant brought a goose. And by chance the caravan had a gander for sale. So in time well have plenty of eggs to add to the menu here at least.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:20:15 am by Lexx »
Pages: 1 ... 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 ... 3842