Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1520 1521 [1522] 1523 1524 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099657 times)

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22815 on: May 14, 2012, 02:00:56 am »

The masons in Brasslens are working overtime to pave over some of the pools in the first cavern layer to secure our water source and to stop FBs from pathing into the fort from there.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22816 on: May 14, 2012, 02:08:50 am »

Oh, and in addition to tantrum spiral involving some poor bastard breaking the bridge he stood on and taking a head first 6-z plunge onto a +menacing goblin-cap spike+, a farmer went into a fell mood and turned somebody into a bone door.

I installed it in my baron's bedroom.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22817 on: May 14, 2012, 02:12:14 am »

That is awesome.

And boy is it fun fiddling with fastdorf when training soldiers.

vicwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22818 on: May 14, 2012, 02:20:56 am »

So i  had a FB that had webs... it killed half of my military and the champion's son went berserk.... guess who i ordered to kill him.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22819 on: May 14, 2012, 02:45:15 am »

Hermit is sitting happily and idly in her little hut ion the ground. He has food and drink a plenty, so she is effectivly a sealed little... whatever the fuck.

The tiny group outside save 3 has been training nonstop. And killing anything that comes within reach.

The hermit supplied them with arms and armor of steel (found flux and limonite while digging her personal quarry) by locking herself in while they gathered thier gear extra quick (This is fucnny as hell to picture them zipping around.)

The shanty town basically has a mess of excess bone crafts decorated with turtle shell made from the following:

Wombat
Panda
Red Panda
Moose bull
Kiwi cock
Fox
Porcupine
And soon an extremly unlucky Terciel perigrin.

Those bastards are well fed, well protected, indwarvenly speedy (more for the lulz and to speed shit up.)
And while thier shacks aren't great they're better than nothing.

Oh and the commander of the milita evidently lost his left cheek at some point in a war against goblins (has two troll kills and three goblins.)

Leather it seems will be what they clothe themselves in.

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22820 on: May 14, 2012, 06:56:14 am »

I recently lost a bunch of dwarfes to my own their stupidity. I activated the remove outside refuse - option, and my dorfs decided do cross the stream, that leads to the waterfall. I lost 20 or so dwarfes this way. There's kinda mass grave now at the end of the waterfall.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22821 on: May 14, 2012, 07:15:34 am »

Massive siege is still milling about the gates.

A forgotten beast turned out to be able to fly. Amas, a mayfly who webs, managed to destroy our magma smelters/workshops/kilns/glass furnaces, scattering a small amount of unmoved golden figurines into the magma... :( and the rest all over the joint.

He managed to kill one macedwarf before succumbing to massive combined strikes from one squad. (The other squad didn't get down there in time.) No one seemed to want to get the macedwarf back, because of the webs, but a loom and clothier's shop was set up right next to the area, and we're making Forgotten Beast Silk and Forgotten Beast Meat.

Grumman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22822 on: May 14, 2012, 09:03:09 am »

I'm currently working on two projects in preparation for a third:

a dwarven power plant of nine water wheels on an artificial, underground river which powers...
...a 65+ pump stack for pulling magma up from the depths to the surface and beyond so I can build...
...a cliffside, cast-obsidian castle overlooking the ocean.

My dwarves are currently living in temporary accomodations, until the first floors of the castle are ready for me to start carving out rooms.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22823 on: May 14, 2012, 09:28:05 am »

I'm currently working on two projects in preparation for a third:

a dwarven power plant of nine water wheels on an artificial, underground river which powers...
...a 65+ pump stack for pulling magma up from the depths to the surface and beyond so I can build...
...a cliffside, cast-obsidian castle overlooking the ocean.

My dwarves are currently living in temporary accomodations, until the first floors of the castle are ready for me to start carving out rooms.

Does magma automatically cool into obsidian or does it require the application of water? I have not played with magma much yet and I don't know if it evaporates like water eventually or not. In the real world obviously it just cools to rock or something but I'm not sure how the game would handle 1/7 magma.

MaxZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Doot doodoo de doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22824 on: May 14, 2012, 09:31:55 am »

A FB emitting steam is standing next to the corpse of another one I killed a while ago before i walled the entrance to the cavern off and is busy covering it in vapour. This is spamming up my messages as a result, its bloomin' irritating and the bugger won't move away. My militia is in pieces at the moment reeling from a siege and have been running around like headless chickens trying to shoot buzzards so i won't be able to do anything about it for a while yet

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22825 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:02 am »

I am trying to build a rudimentary castle out of slate.  Not sure how tall I'll make it.  The whole thing is rather difficult to build because I only have 27 dwarves, 13 of which are children.

I actually need migrants here, a bigger workforce would be a massive boon at this stage. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Grumman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22826 on: May 14, 2012, 09:53:43 am »

Does magma automatically cool into obsidian or does it require the application of water? I have not played with magma much yet and I don't know if it evaporates like water eventually or not. In the real world obviously it just cools to rock or something but I'm not sure how the game would handle 1/7 magma.
Unless it's been changed since I last played, you need water. 1/7 water + 1/7 magma = 1 full square of obsidian.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #22827 on: May 14, 2012, 12:07:01 pm »

1/7 magma evaporates like water.  Any mixture of water and magma forms an obsidian tile.
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22828 on: May 14, 2012, 01:00:06 pm »

Embarked in the new version for great science.  Just finished carving out a 50z-level spiral ramp, now in the process of carving it into a track.  Further experimentation required to see if my set-up works as I have no idea how ramps and tracks really interact yet.  I expect at least one hilarious death from this.

If it does, my dwarves shall go screaming down to the metalworks in style.
« Reply #22829 on: May 14, 2012, 01:14:09 pm »

After installing the new version, for some reason my rivers started drying up.

I could fix it... But I need a working DFhack :X
Pages: 1 ... 1520 1521 [1522] 1523 1524 ... 3842