Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1519 1520 [1521] 1522 1523 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099851 times)

Fistbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22800 on: May 13, 2012, 06:26:29 pm »

I deconstructed the bed. They moved her to a new one. Then she GOT UP and fed her goddamn self.
She is now organizing a shield demonstration with her still-fractured arm.
Dwarven.
Goblin ambush party cancels Hunt: Interrupted by 'Pyonta' Godenakum Ngalknazom.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22801 on: May 13, 2012, 06:40:05 pm »

With the current success of the moose pit reaching critical levels, I am beginning construction of an arena where I will stage fights with exotic creatures, Dwarves and prisoners.

Maybe a lot of zombies too...

On a related note, I'm going to be releasing a portion (if I can divide them) of the moose pit swarm to lower the ridiculously large population of undead milling around.

And I have completed construction of a brass battle axe hanging over my entrance.

Construction in Silentthunders has been uninterrupted for the most part, and it's almost getting too quiet. And the yak sentries are still alive. This foreboding quiet disturbs me.

Brass furniture is being constructed for all to enjoy with the soon to arrive blood shed.

That is all.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22802 on: May 13, 2012, 06:51:19 pm »

That is as badass as havigng a one-armed fisherdwarf being more productive than other dwarves with all thier limbs.

Or a one armed miner using a mattock requiring two hands (Civilization Forge)

Stockade now has a proper bridge, stole more supplies from the elves, have an excess of apartments, not that that's a problem considering the bastards are pumping out kids like it's going out of style. Hell, the babies have waiting rooms for them, plus extras. Thier small, but still.

Gota pump set up to fertize a bald spot with mud to reestablish the farms.

The pair are now chucking out stones and a few mechanisms to give to those outside, and the sheer excess of cloth I nicked from the elves is going to buy an anvil.

I am also fearful of goblins, though they have yet to even send snatchers despite a war being on. I'm counting my blessings.

I fully expect the pair to die upon delving into the peths (Needing to add a few facilities have stalled that out.)

Fistbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22803 on: May 13, 2012, 07:12:20 pm »

I would deem this quite the recovery!
Goblin ambush party cancels Hunt: Interrupted by 'Pyonta' Godenakum Ngalknazom.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #22804 on: May 13, 2012, 07:17:34 pm »

Loud Whispers, how often do you change your avatar?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22805 on: May 13, 2012, 07:21:02 pm »

breach made, and i find trees grew, allowing the pair to lay some traps.

Trading the worn out crap the migrants wore is netting us bronze, an anvil, food (specifically, meat, something they haven't had in some time) And dwarven booze.

The kiddies are making me proud, staying close to the stockade and keeping eachother company. I'll be pleased to see everyone grow up.

Oh and I found out that despite all thier hard work, the stockcade-bunker combo is worth a whopping 27k roughly in dorfbucks. No wonder the popcap is holding.

@ - Tahujdt - I think he has some kind of strange script that alternates them with some text underneath designed to look like a normal wordspace. That way he never has the same one for long, even in the same thread.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #22806 on: May 13, 2012, 07:25:00 pm »

@ - Tahujdt - I think he has some kind of strange script that alternates them with some text underneath designed to look like a normal wordspace. That way he never has the same one for long, even in the same thread.

I think you're right. It just changed again!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22807 on: May 13, 2012, 07:27:52 pm »

Loud Whispers, how often do you change your avatar?

He has it set to a link that chooses from a list of images to be displayed when the page is loaded.

That being said, the list appears to change fairly often.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22808 on: May 13, 2012, 07:52:48 pm »

Traders are on thier merry way.

I fully expect the settlement to be overrun next year.
Traps are laid, the pair takes a breath, grabs an axe, and fells a tower-cap.

Silk aplenty, but there's a looming threat of a giant cave spider, as that is who made the silk.
Should they die, the settlers will force the doors open, take what they need, and leave them in peace.

EDIT: They're alive, and safe thanks to the giant fungi blocking access, so unless it's amphibious, it can't hurt them.

Topside, I pitted a mink, a snapping turtle, a giant thrips and wombat, and a dingo against 4 wombat men. One got it's head crushed by the giant wombat's freakishly large jaws while the dingo mink and tutrle alternat thier aggression. This may well be my favorite execution pit. I alos need to slaughter the thrips afterwards so it doesn't keel over of old age like the grasshopper did.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22809 on: May 13, 2012, 08:57:01 pm »

Another Forgotten Beast, a worm with deadly dust. This on in the yet-inaccessible 3rd cavern layer, though.
Also another vile force of darkness, a suicide charge by some n00b militia, and the resultant tantrum spiral, blood, corpses, vomit and severed limbs everywhere...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or, as we call it in Razorwheels, Tuesday.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22810 on: May 13, 2012, 08:58:42 pm »

Spring has passed, my dragons failed to mine out 27 pieces of stone yet.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

mithosaurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22811 on: May 13, 2012, 11:42:38 pm »

My Earth Elves (brown elves that act more like dwarves but prefer swords in combat) have finished the second pyramid in their desert home.  The first one acts as the entrance to the underground fort, as well as tombs for the most worthy dead.  The second one is for the bodies of fallen workers.  The third shall be used to house departed pets.  the fourth will hold the corpses of the unworthy or accursed dead.  I am not sure what I will do with the fifth... maybe fill it with treasures and the like.

Also, thanks to the earth elves, I found out that having Giant Cave Spiders at embark will cost you over 1000 embark points.  The more you know.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22812 on: May 14, 2012, 12:01:17 am »

The dorf caravan seems to have slaughtered every single animal they could find. I have giant horned owl leather. Polar bear leather. Cat leather. Dog leather. Peacock leather. Cow leather. Pig leather. Yak leather. Elk bird leather. Dingo leather. Giant earthworm leather.

Leather leather leather.

I have need of bins and leatherworkers, but holy crap is that a lot of leather.

Also, lots of barrels horse blood. What the HELL did I order in the last caravan? I mean, aside from blood and leather...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22813 on: May 14, 2012, 12:13:07 am »

With everything stable and things appraching this year's caravan season (Still no humans. Stupid elves are making everyone think I'll steal from them too!) I have decided tot ake a breather and make a hermit beekeeper hovel and leaving any dwarves who arrive outside to fend for themselves with nothing but what they own.

Litarally that will be it. Just a lonely little dorf all by his lonesome with a pick, some hives, a few seeds and a couple animals for food and pest control.

newbonomicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22814 on: May 14, 2012, 12:25:25 am »

Having embarked on a volcano, my first order of business was putting a floor over the top and poking single-square holes in it to make magma forges, magma smelters, etc.

Confronted with kilns that needed no fuel, placed right next to a source of clay, I went a little overboard with my pottery industry.

So... now the caravan's gone, I bought up everything remotely useful they had, and still haven't made a dent in my supply of fricking earthenware scepters.
Pages: 1 ... 1519 1520 [1521] 1522 1523 ... 3842