Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1492 1493 [1494] 1495 1496 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6093591 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22395 on: May 01, 2012, 06:20:19 am »

AhHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAH!  The WATERCLOCK WORKS!  Even the progress bar displays correctly!  MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I could only time it to ten months, but I think that should work satisfactorily for what I need it to do...

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22396 on: May 01, 2012, 06:54:49 am »

My militia is turning into a real forgotten beast killing machine. Four so far, though the last on was some kind of flaming cow that died to 2x{*silver bolt*}... The first took out its shell, and on the second, Boom Headshot!
Damn thing set a good portion of the 2nd cavern layer on fire though, and broke most of my cavern-side security system (a drawbridge plus a line of weapon traps leading up to a dog-guarded door). Fortunately, some of the traps and the dog were on a different z-level and avoided getting trashed or engulfed in flames.

Previously, we've had a pair of giant enemy crabs and a three-eyed porcupine with poisonous secrertions.

In the vanilla cave dweller department, we've had a GCS, a Molemarian that killed a couple of lumberjacks, a Cave Croc, and the usual trolls, giant rats, crundles and dralthas plus a gremlin or two.

A lot less ‼Fun‼ than I'd expected, really, though sometimes the military guys were in the caves crundle-hunting while a surface invasion strolled in, or vice versa.
(Yeah, I know I'm going to regret saying that.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:59:24 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22397 on: May 01, 2012, 09:32:49 am »

Spring. Babies. Everywhere.
It's like breeding season or something.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22398 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:02 am »

Population: 214.
Wealth: Just broke 4 million.
Sieges: None.
Invaders: 2 minotaurs, easily killed. No FB's, no ambushes, haven't had a thief or robber in years.

I'm starting to wonder what's going on... by now I always have some !!FUN!! begin... unless its going to be minotaur sieges or some crazy thing

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22399 on: May 01, 2012, 10:44:04 am »

Decided that since my fortress has a population of 220 and is a mountainhome I should colonize the caverns.   Something I know people have managed to do, and do regularly, but I never got accustomed to the unique challenges down there.

Spoiler: long story (click to show/hide)

TL;DR: Tried to take on an organic webber FB.  Clear Glass duster FB showed up the moment I opened the way in.   Fun was had.

Today's valuable lesson: Creatures falling onto semi molten rock still explode into limbs.  Even falling through multiple levels of magma, just as long as they built up enough speed falling through air.  My forge level is a horror show.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:47:26 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22400 on: May 01, 2012, 11:21:51 am »

Greiger, that was beautiful to imagine in my head.

laijka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22401 on: May 01, 2012, 11:59:50 am »

Urist McLovedbyall got bitten by a wererabbit just before my hunter and hunting dog chased it off.

Everything is calm until Urist McLovedbyall turns and kills 2 dwarfs and a handful of pets before being put down by the militia.

The Tantrumspiral is going well though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22402 on: May 01, 2012, 01:26:18 pm »

Eric Blank cancels embark to new fortress: game crashed

Eric Blank cancels play Dwarf Fortress: too insane

Eric Blank has gone berserk!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22403 on: May 01, 2012, 01:49:20 pm »

AhHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAH!  The WATERCLOCK WORKS!  Even the progress bar displays correctly!  MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I could only time it to ten months, but I think that should work satisfactorily for what I need it to do...

When can we expect to see your fort, then?  Presumably, you're planning to put it up as a challenge for anyone brave/foolish enough.  I'm curious as to how your clock actually works.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22404 on: May 01, 2012, 01:55:36 pm »

Marksdwarf goes bersek while training because his wife was killed in a ambush and shoots one of his fellas in the throat, tearing it. The poor bastard died in the way to the hospital.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.
« Reply #22405 on: May 01, 2012, 01:59:39 pm »

Population: 214.
Wealth: Just broke 4 million.
Sieges: None.
Invaders: 2 minotaurs, easily killed. No FB's, no ambushes, haven't had a thief or robber in years.

I'm starting to wonder what's going on... by now I always have some !!FUN!! begin... unless its going to be minotaur sieges or some crazy thing

Spring. Babies. Everywhere.
It's like breeding season or something.

My fort is basically a combination of these two posts right here.

I am thinking of just having my miners break into Hell just to get some action.

Edit: No sooner than posting this and resuming the game, I get the following message: "a vile force of darkness has arrived!"

Time for !!FUN!!

I survived... Losing only my military Dwarves who had been training for the past 3 years. Farmers with no weapons > Highly trained, well-equipped soldiers.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:18:35 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22406 on: May 01, 2012, 02:23:38 pm »

Mayor is demanding an aluminium throne in his ass dinning room. Guess what? We don't have aluminium...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:37:18 pm by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22407 on: May 01, 2012, 03:55:23 pm »

the thing that popped into my head was a chair made of empty soda cans
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22408 on: May 01, 2012, 04:40:46 pm »

Very nice Greiger  :P
Amusingly enough I accidentally breached the caverns again and a poison dust flying thing had a lot of fun in my stairwell as well. Luckily mine did not end on a lava pit, but I still lost about 15 chaps.

More seriously, all the water on the entire map has turned stagnant. Including the water in the brook. I found out as we have run out of barrels and suddenly everyone was thirsty and complaining about the water. Horrible setback. Apparently pumping should make water non-stagnant but only if there was no stagnant water in my waterworks before...well, we'll see, without clear water getting wounded is almost a death sentence.
Well the siege just ended after ages and 200 dwarves ran outside and dove into the river and immediately got ambushed...hmmm my army is still decimated...well off you go lads...
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22409 on: May 01, 2012, 05:41:21 pm »

The Tantrum Spiral was untenable. And the goblins have arrived.  As the few remaining fortress guard hold the goblins at the gate.  I opened the floodgates built into the side of the lake, built as a joke on the fortress name, as the few 'sane' miners left dug into the HFS. 

The goblins will not claim the fortress of Watergate.  No one will.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1492 1493 [1494] 1495 1496 ... 3842