Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108633 times)

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21975 on: April 18, 2012, 10:38:52 am »

I just burnt all the fat off my hunter and chucked him in the magma..

If the SMR wasn't there he'd probably be hunting imps and crabs.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21976 on: April 18, 2012, 11:07:33 am »

I accidentally charged the wrong guy for murder and he was chained up for 150 days. He had a pet goat which stayed at his side as long as possible... they stayed together for weeks, starving for food and water, but he didn't eat his goat, no. He died with him like a best friend would. FML THIS GAME MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A BAD PERSON.

Don't worry. Morality is one of the first things to go.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21977 on: April 18, 2012, 11:07:45 am »

I've actually managed to run out of rock.
"HOW!?" you ask.
Well, most of my mined out rock is Marble. Marble I will be using to produce Steel.
My miners don't want to mine the allocated slate quarry. So We have a lot of Marble which I won't use.
This has resulted in an incomplete wall, a forestalling of many tasks, and some general unforseen chaos.

On the upside, the Thothgol are taking their aggression out on the local wildlife and slaughtering every Raven, Eagle and Kea that strays onto the territory.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21978 on: April 18, 2012, 11:08:49 am »

I just get legendary+5000 miners by mining out a whole Z level lol.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21979 on: April 18, 2012, 11:30:05 am »

I just had an undead siege with 130 zombies + necromancers.

I was quite... concerned for a while that the defenses would not be sufficient.  They clogged the weapon traps to the last tile!

Orders have been put forth to increase the depth of the defenses.

(year 2 of this fort)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21980 on: April 18, 2012, 12:29:20 pm »

Amazingly, even with 200+ very busy dorfs and 150 or so animals, on a heavily excavated 5x5 embark, I am still averaging 70 FPS.

The metalsmiths are in need of more metal and the glass furnaces aren't working fast enough. I need green glass blocks for my roadways, damnit!

Still haven't gotten around to producing dormitories for everyone. The public dorms and the legendary dining room complete with artifact table have been keeping everyone happy, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21981 on: April 18, 2012, 12:31:41 pm »

So I got bored and decided to torch my fortress.
Or rather magma it up.

Upon DFhacking the magma in, I've found several of my dwarves seem to be on fire, but not dying.
Whassup wit dat?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21982 on: April 18, 2012, 12:34:14 pm »

Or rather magma it up.

Upon DFhacking the magma in, I've found several of my dwarves seem to be on fire, but not dying.
Whassup wit dat?
..Do you have magmaproof clothes?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21983 on: April 18, 2012, 12:34:35 pm »

Or rather magma it up.

Whassup wit dat?
It's some kind of glitch, it's happened before.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21984 on: April 18, 2012, 12:34:54 pm »

DF hack forgets to set the temperature correctly .
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21985 on: April 18, 2012, 01:42:23 pm »

Just started my first fort with a bit of evil biome in it. Haunted.
Most of the map is Mirthful, though.

3x3 embark square.
O = mirthful
X = haunted

O O O
O O X
O O X

Also, "Shocklash". That name just sounds awesome.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Himmelblau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21986 on: April 18, 2012, 01:55:19 pm »

Sabrecastle is coming down in a glorious cascade of death and insanity. On the job list there are 15 instances of 'Place item in tomb', two of which are inactive. 12 dwarves are on their way to report a crime, but they are repeatedly getting interrupted and/or killed by angry dwarves or their own mental health failing.

Armok have mercy on their souls.

edit: A peasant just took out the outpost liason with a well-aimed rock salt to the head. I suppose the mountainhome shan't hear about us again.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:56:57 pm by Himmelblau »
Dwarf Fortress- where a sudden mist that causes you to bleed from every orifice and drop dead is one of the better outcomes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21987 on: April 18, 2012, 01:59:55 pm »

My hunters pincushioned a poor skunk. Copper bolts in it's everything.

Meanwhile the stoneworkers are being lazy pricks. I thought having 70 or so masons would make big, open construction projects move relatively quickly, but no.

The women are still giving birth to dozens of children a year and the migrants are still pouring in like the goddamn ocea into an open aquifer. Should have thought to cap the population and children sooner...

One of the stoneworkers got caught in the rampway leading to the catacombs and died of thirst. I really need to be careful about tightly compacted rampway designs and the potential for inaccessible spaces..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:03:01 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21988 on: April 18, 2012, 02:26:04 pm »

1987 Dead/Missing, 3 years after embark.  53 necromancers included.

Go go necro towers.  Much more fun than stinky ol' goblins!

Urist McBard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21989 on: April 18, 2012, 03:10:37 pm »

I'm building up a nice fortress complete with a walled in courtyard, for my Dwarve's safety and pleasure. Whilst channeling around the walls, I caused a cave-in. One of my original 7 (Urist McMiner) is lying completely out of it with three broken bones. The Chief Medical Dwarf is completely inexperienced and doing nothing to help McMiner, is there some way to prompt him to help?
The very worst part is that McMiner's 3 month old Dorf baby son died during the cave-in. And whilst setting up his tomb, I noticed that the hauler who is interring him is his father!!

On the plus side- I'm having FUN, and the courtyard is now safe (but smells of death)
Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 ... 3842