Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1459 1460 [1461] 1462 1463 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108823 times)

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21900 on: April 14, 2012, 06:39:30 pm »

I had a wear sloth go on a rampage in my statuary courtyard above the fort injuring a few militia dwarves and killing an innocent bystander. It was put down.

A little while later in the hospital... one of the injured dwarves transforms while in surgery, they go on a rampage killing a few other dwarves milling around the living area and wounding another dwarf. The doctor lives.

As soon as my militia runs down to put down the new were-beast he transforms back to an inured dwarf and immediately gets put back in bed un-concious but fully healed.

He's now been walled in and transforms every full moon only to return to a resting state in the bed lol. He's conscious when transformed only =P
I voted for BANANA!

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21901 on: April 14, 2012, 08:10:07 pm »

i have a...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21902 on: April 14, 2012, 10:22:04 pm »

A dragon just fought a deity from the human civ (actually a chameleon that could breath noxious vapors). The dragon died, but to a human lasher. Epic battle, massive fire, many unprepared marksdwaves dead. I forgot they weren't wearing much armor...
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #21903 on: April 14, 2012, 11:06:02 pm »

I've discovered my first vampire!  A marksdwarf who's VERY embarrassed to be uncovered.  He's going right in the new danger room when it's finished in full metal armor with the best crossbow and weapons I can make.  I intend to channel all of the best dwarven combat training techniques into him....

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #21904 on: April 15, 2012, 04:30:30 am »

One of the militia squad brought their baby in with them to the new danger room.  All the soldiers witnessed death when the baby got taken out by the training spears AND they're getting bounced to legendary quickly.  Couldn't have hoped for a better outcome!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21905 on: April 15, 2012, 05:38:59 am »

In a desperate bid to regain my rights to saying I can enjoy a mod, I did very light modding to the mod (I added knife and a "crude shield" for the player and outlaw civs as well as something approaching armor (really just a helmet) The first year has nearly closed, with a dog dead due to a vent lurker ripping it's throat out, and a (at the time unknown; thought he was unskilled schmuk) maceman and a pair of dogs dispatched said vent lurker with extrem prejidece... Preji... prejed... whatever. They killed it. I personally would have wanted it captured but it was threat, so what had to be done had to be done.

And then I realized there's a bug that reemerged upon changing version, if I don't get a caravan in the late winter: Humans aren't scripted to come first year.....

EDIT: After an incident  involving a feral grox and a maceman dying, Novus suffered a plague of kidnappings, reducing the settlment from 21 to 15. Finally sick of the constant barrage of A kidnapper has made off with hiver mcuselesschild! I set up an array of cages, dogs, and in the hub of the settlment, just outside the mess hall, a grox bull. thanks to this system, 3 scavies have been beaten to death, one killed by a dog (the dog got a title for soloing a snatcher) and now some poor outlaw bastard is being chased by an off-duty rifleman right into the grox bulls. May Tha Emprah have mercy on his soon-to-be-dead ass.

EDIT II: I'm decommisioning my guard animals. 13 children out of 33 hivers. COME AND GET'EM YOU MUTANT AND LAW BREAKING PRICKS! I DONT WANT'EM!!!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21906 on: April 15, 2012, 08:20:29 am »

A cook made a roast with wild strawberries, wheat flour and sugar (Ground up with a brand new millstone!)

It sounds mouth wateringly delicious.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21907 on: April 15, 2012, 08:30:28 am »

That sounds like some kind of awesome strawberry pie really.

Got a lucky mood with a weaponsmith, who made a plassteel spear. Currently that spear amounts to half of the settlment's total wealth. A kid got kidnapped when the migrated in, a baby got killed a giant wolf spider, and said spider, along with its colleague were turned into armor for my knife fighters. I'm hoping my moody leather worker makes a fancy hat for my rifle squad's sergeant.

EDIT: I got a crystal glass encrusted loincloth. Really leatherworker? Time to make that masterwork leather beating protection.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21908 on: April 15, 2012, 08:45:16 am »

Jaysus. At -45 one of them underground tunnels starts which, iIrc, connect levels of caverns. The on at -45 goes down all the way at least to -95.

Edit one; -126.

Edit two; the third cavern starts at -135. :I
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:52:05 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21909 on: April 15, 2012, 10:57:14 am »

One of my furnace operators moonlights as a marksdwarf. Once she got her obligatory 5 kills, she got the most awesome fancy title attached to her name that I have ever seen in any of my forts: Dumed Datonul Bubnusnokormidor Usan, ie. Dumed Ironmirrors the Scoured Dead-Power of Murdering.
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21910 on: April 15, 2012, 11:01:18 am »

In the small hamlet of Joycudgels, the sheriff's son is running around babbling. Actually, he hasn't left the tile in the main hallway that he is standing in, so I imagine he is just running around in circles.
For some reason this child (1 year old) knows archery.

In other news, the magma plumbing from the volcano is almost complete, so we can soon get the industries up and running.

Speaking of magma, occasionally or maybe frequently, a filthy mucus that looks like magma falls from the sky. It doesn't seem to ever go away, so the "EVIL" portion of Joycudgels looks like it is covered with magma. This mucus doesn't seem to be harmful, although dwarves have report being dizzy. Currently one of the local trolls is battling a great horned owl corpse in the mucus fields. The troll is winning, having killed the owl at least three times already.

One of my dwarves is missing. The first dwarven caravan guards killed his left hand, but he is still missing.

EDIT: the child died and was buried in the coffin I prepared when the original dwarf went missing. A little while later, he rose from his coffin, killed a war dog and started attacking dwarves. The military mobilizes to put him back into his grave.
Once that was done, the war gone got up; this was not how I was planning on training my military.
While my military was busy dealing with internal matters, a dwarven baby was kidnapped.
And now the sheriff's son is getting out of the coffin again, . . .
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:33:09 am by McDwarf »

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21911 on: April 15, 2012, 11:01:52 am »

That sounds like some kind of awesome strawberry pie really.

I'm hoping my moody leather worker makes a fancy hat for my rifle squad's sergeant.

TF2 much?
---
siggy!

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21912 on: April 15, 2012, 11:28:47 am »

BunnyBunches the Rabbit-Hut

07) Stomping the Learning Curb
08) What do you mean "Traders have arrived" ??

So far, nothing has died or huskified on the surface. Animals come and go, and sometimes it is peaceful around here.
Spoiler: The Current Fort (click to show/hide)

Another cloud of foul vapor drifts nearby, but it doesn't go anywhere important.
I still have no idea what it does, and I'm not eager to find out.

The GFGHOC that was watching my migrants is still flying around.
No problems so far.

The GFGHOC leaves and a mountain goat corpse arrives.
Not so bad, but a foul vapor appears.
Thankfully, the mountain goat runs away from it.

When the surface calms down again, I order some more surface development.
My main fort entrances are in the SW corner of the map, in a non-evil area,
so I can develop it when the bad stuff is in the NorthEast quandrant.
We continue roofing a second pasture (the original wagon-pasture is almost full).
We start chopping some trees.
And you can see that I haven't deconstructed the wagon yet.
Spoiler: General Surface Area (click to show/hide)

When the Mountain Goat Corpse swags back in our general direction, I order the development halted and exits sealed.
Still more work to do.

Then I get a holy message: The Outpost Liason has arrived !
He and the traders spawned near our primary entrance, and the only wildlife seems to be a living small bird.
Good timing.

The gates are open and the friendlys arrive.
During this time I finall get to deconstruct the wagon, it is Mid Autumn right now.

Also, I find at this time it's probably a bad idea to have one dwarf be the woodcutter/expedition leader/broker/doctor...
I'll cross my fingers.

Even though my dwarves are terribly busy, I've still had time to improve a little bit.
I was able to move the workshops out of the main hallway and also add another stockpile.

While my dwarves carry all of our cut gems to the depot, some kobold theives arrive !
They have a hard time sneaking inside, because my dwarves are always going in/out to perform surface labor and do trading.
One of the caravan guards shoots the third kobold thief, then a hammerdwarf finishes him off.
But now he is outside and dead, and in Terrifying areas that is a problem...

Fortunately for me, he is dead in an untamed-wilds area, so his corpse hasn't risen (at least, not yet).

Wow, it's been so long since I've seen living traders that I've forgotten how to use the trade screen.

My broker/expeditionleader/woodcutter/doctor is extrememly busy hosting meetings and doing trading,
but I still manage to complete my trading in pretty good timing.
(Thankfully his break finished just as the liason arrived)

In the end, I manage to trade out my cut Cherry Opals, a few statues, and the dead kobol's possessions for:
: 3 leather bins
: 5 wooden logs
: 1 bucket
: 2 pairs of gauntlets
: 1 steel spear
: 1 helm
: 1 chain leggings
: 1 Doe Rabbit
: Some seeds
: Lots of food
: A single dog, which happens to complete a breeding pair

I wasn't able to pick up a shield and booze, but overall I'd say that's a good haul !

Now the traders and the liason are getting ready to leave ...

Winter is upon you

necromancerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21913 on: April 15, 2012, 12:31:22 pm »

2nd fortress so I'm still not up on more advanced stuff like a proper military or wells, wave 3 of migrants has 22 dwarfs. This will end well!

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21914 on: April 15, 2012, 12:46:55 pm »

2nd fortress so I'm still not up on more advanced stuff like a proper military or wells, wave 3 of migrants has 22 dwarfs. This will end well!
same here exept wave three has 30.
---
siggy!
Pages: 1 ... 1459 1460 [1461] 1462 1463 ... 3842