Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1441 1442 [1443] 1444 1445 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108506 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21630 on: April 06, 2012, 07:05:33 am »

I'll start capturing giant chinchillas to create an war giant  chinchilla army. TREMBLE!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21631 on: April 06, 2012, 09:26:01 am »

Anybody know how to stop "urist cancels store item, too injured" on a dwarf with broken hands? He's a decent swordsman and legendary farmer so my current "bury him alive" plan might be a little premature.

Edit: Scratch that, both arms got nerve damage wrestling a monitor lizard and one's infected. I'm burying him alive.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:32:03 am by Broseph Stalin »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21632 on: April 06, 2012, 09:34:25 am »

I consider what options I have to kill them...
Catapult?

hahaha you are right, I never use siege weapons anyway. Gonna try.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21633 on: April 06, 2012, 09:53:11 am »

Anybody know how to stop "urist cancels store item, too injured" on a dwarf with broken hands? He's a decent swordsman and legendary farmer so my current "bury him alive" plan might be a little premature.

Edit: Scratch that, both arms got nerve damage wrestling a monitor lizard and one's infected. I'm burying him alive.

temporarily edit nerves to heal?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21634 on: April 06, 2012, 10:12:05 am »

I think one of my dwarven children is attempting a planepacked. He's gathered several screens of dolomite now and just keeps on going.

I've heard that it has something to do with burrow restrictions, and I have all my children in a housing and dining hall burrow to protect them from frolicking in the caverns, so that might be the cause.

In any case I'm happy to let him continue, it gets rid of more of the stone lying about.  8)
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21635 on: April 06, 2012, 10:30:24 am »

Counter-proposal, bury him alive.

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21636 on: April 06, 2012, 10:43:19 am »

Counter-proposal, bury him alive.

Give him the 'SAW' style option of saving himself - if he regrows his nerves and can flip the lever, then the incoming magma won't melt him
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21637 on: April 06, 2012, 10:51:53 am »

I think one of my dwarven children is attempting a planepacked. He's gathered several screens of dolomite now and just keeps on going.

I've heard that it has something to do with burrow restrictions, and I have all my children in a housing and dining hall burrow to protect them from frolicking in the caverns, so that might be the cause.

In any case I'm happy to let him continue, it gets rid of more of the stone lying about.  8)

yup, planepacked burrow thing.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21638 on: April 06, 2012, 10:53:47 am »

Using the MASTERWORK mod.

T-Rex Skull Helm? Yes, please!

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21639 on: April 06, 2012, 11:00:17 am »

A damn fine craftsdwarf has a fey mood. He's a great bonecarver (never used him for that), and a high level weaver/clothier as well. He likes mussel shell and I had some so he's using that for his mood.

There were only two. He wants more. At first I thought he wanted log but I had some cavern-wood laying nearby. Then I though he wanted his plant cloth so I specified dwarfs to work on pig tail fibre cloth. That ain't it either and he doesn't have a preference. I have plenty of rock, rock blocks and rough gems so it has to be that he wants more mussel shell.

I've got 3 fisheries active, a few dozen kids with fish cleaning at the ready and ten or so fisherdwarfs at work but they keep fishing up steelhead trout, brook lamprey and perch but WE NEED MUSSELS DAMNIT.

I've assigned him all my war animals (bar one). Which means he has a war giant bat, two war giant rats, a war cave crocodile and a war GCS hanging around him. I'm afraid he'll go berserk and he is an armed and armoured militiadwarf inside a big craftsdwarf hall.
[/quote]

Poor sod went berserk, was quickly (and probably painfully) killed.

In other, better news, the 36 Cave Crocodile eggs hatched! yaaay!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:18:46 pm by AWdeV »
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21640 on: April 06, 2012, 11:03:09 am »

Give him the 'SAW' style option of saving himself - if he regrows his nerves and can flip the lever, then the incoming magma won't melt him
I did something more psychological but less exciting. He's standing in a grave, buried alive. In front of him there is a stairwell blocked off by a hatch. Behind him there is a lever that opens the hatch. There is no food, there is no water. All he can do is look at the lever he can't pull and the hatch he can't open.

jimi12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21641 on: April 06, 2012, 11:14:24 am »

I had three caged goblin thieves and too many children. I built an arena where I setup a burrow that included all the children and built the goblin cages inside. There were three armed goblin thieves against 38 children. The battle actually took a long time but in the end the goblins were dead as were several children. However one seven year old girl had killed two of the goblins with her bare hands. I named her Goblinbane. She will be a leader among my people.

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21642 on: April 06, 2012, 11:15:03 am »

yup, planepacked burrow thing.

Thought so, well he's been collecting stuff for a year now, and doesn't seem to suffer from thirst or hunger, so I'll leave him to it.  :P
I hope the material collection phase finishes once he's gathered all my dolomite (might take 10 or 15 years  :o ) because I have no idea how (and currently little inclination) to encourage him to start construction.
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21643 on: April 06, 2012, 11:16:04 am »

I thought children ignored burrows?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21644 on: April 06, 2012, 11:17:51 am »

My woodcutter apparently almost bled to death for no reason, without any wounds on him.  But it's only the second spring and there's no vampire anywhere in the fortress, everyone's getting happy thoughts from eating and drinking. Uh...

EDIT: And now there's a ghost in the fort because one of the merchant guards died in the depot. Again.

EDIT2: I think I know why armed dwarves are randomly bleeding to death now.  It's because I modded in a metal with a fixed temperature and it was melting the dwarves' fat off! I... probably shouldn't have done that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:31:06 am by ydaraishy »
Pages: 1 ... 1441 1442 [1443] 1444 1445 ... 3842