Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1419 1420 [1421] 1422 1423 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5962214 times)

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21300 on: March 28, 2012, 02:05:18 am »

Quote from: Electrode

* A vile force of darkness has arrived!
* Swarm of gobbos on flying mounts

I'm jealous!  I haven't fought mounted siegers ever.

I feel sorry for you. Polar bears are fun! :P

:EDIT: Ive forgoten how good the music in game is :o
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:08:59 am by Fishybang »
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21301 on: March 28, 2012, 02:22:09 am »

Quote from: Fishybang

I'm listening to Motorhead's "Killed By Death" right now.  Mood music for Dwarf Fortress.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21302 on: March 28, 2012, 02:23:56 am »

I'm listening to Motorhead's "Killed By Death" right now.  Mood music for Dwarf Fortress.

Sounds... lovely :o
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21303 on: March 28, 2012, 02:25:17 am »

It IS!   :D
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21304 on: March 28, 2012, 02:34:25 am »

It IS!   :D

I can only imagine the songs! Im a little tea cup, Dont bite your friends, and everyones favirote, Headless!

acehawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21305 on: March 28, 2012, 03:16:56 am »

Soooo.... I've been building an above ground fortress and praise Armok I got around to finishing my castle walls and that drawbridge, because WOW!!! The devastation is just incredible. Anyone want to guess what caused it? Take a look at this!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is my first EVER dragon in the bottom right corner and that is a sea of ash it created surrounding my fort. I think it vaporized a migration wave, but I'm not entirely sure because there don't seem to be any remains, I just know it was breathing fire all over the edge of the map and I saw what I think was a Stray Donkey (Tame) through all the smoke. I got so lucky I didn't wait for that last Peasant to get into the fort before pulling the lever because if that thing had got even one shot into the fort before the bridge closed I think things would have gotten a lot more FUN really fast.

I'm very excited about all this of course, the dragon fire is just incredible. Now what to do with it. As you can see in the picture I've set up some cage traps to try to catch it with. but I'm not sure if I want to just yet. I kindof want to watch it vaporize another wave, or maybe a siege haha.

Also, thank Armok this thing can't fly because I don't have a roof yet  :P

EDIT: Better yet! One of my 9 Masons (Well, 8, one is more or less permanently bedridden from a nasty altercation with an alligator) started throwing tantrums immediately after I caught the dragon. After a little looking around several dwarves I had never heard of turned up missing all at once and I realized that almost all of the mason's family had been in that migration wave resulting in the simultaneous death and full decay of both his father and mother and at least one sibling! Good thing my fort has amazing moral. Literally, his mood went from well over 100 to 0 in about 5 seconds haha.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:28:35 am by acehawk »

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21306 on: March 28, 2012, 03:22:01 am »

Congratulations on your first dragon!

If you want to kill it, I suggest a couple of elite marksdwarves (I love to see "...the bolt strikes the dragon in the throat!"), and melee dwarves with SHIELDS.

Also, if you do kill it, dragon meat in the stockpile, and a masterwork dragon totem.

In the interests of the new version, of course, you should try to tame that thing for !!SCIENCE!!

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21307 on: March 28, 2012, 03:25:21 am »

Considering how primitive DF's graphics are, the dragonfire animation is quite fun.

acehawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21308 on: March 28, 2012, 03:30:26 am »

The dragonfire animation is the coolest thing I've seen  :D

And yeah, I just caught it and FULLY intend to tame it. In a fully isolated section of the fortress. And I mean completely isolated  ;)

Coincidentally this is the first fort I haven't cheated on in a while, I think I'm being rewarded.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:32:43 am by acehawk »

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21309 on: March 28, 2012, 07:15:22 am »

Just got the worst FB I could imagine. A lobster with noxious secretions - it spawned in the underground lake, right next to my well well's fresh water intake. It's leaving big fat puddles of poison everywhere, even walled out of my fort I foresee many deaths at its hands.
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21310 on: March 28, 2012, 07:16:15 am »

And a second after that, another FB topside, mantis with webs, yay :D
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21311 on: March 28, 2012, 08:45:28 am »

The treehuggers brought me a wolf (tame) and a giant dingo (tame).
My broker/manager/exp leader now has a new hobby.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21312 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:20 am »

Our former pump operator who is now an animal trainer managed to genuinely tame a naked mole puppy. I honored him with his very own room.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21313 on: March 28, 2012, 12:18:06 pm »

Another fresh embark. Now this map is Joyous wilds bordering terrifying and untamed wilds forests. Unicorns definitely in the area. The new fort is being excavated in the stone layer above cavern 1. With wagon accessible spiral ramps to let traders get right up to the forts front door.

Sunshine is an amazing drink. My planter is mass farming it already. Most of my food industry is currently sunshine and strawberries. Traps have been strategically laid around sections of the map to catch wildlife to tame. No unicorns but I have caught some giant thrips and a turkey. Which I will try taming and see what happens whilst waiting to catch some unicorns. I want some unicorn steak for my dorfs to wash down with their sunshine!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21314 on: March 28, 2012, 12:21:19 pm »

Another fresh embark. Now this map is Joyous wilds bordering terrifying and untamed wilds forests. Unicorns definitely in the area. The new fort is being excavated in the stone layer above cavern 1. With wagon accessible spiral ramps to let traders get right up to the forts front door.

Sunshine is an amazing drink. My planter is mass farming it already. Most of my food industry is currently sunshine and strawberries. Traps have been strategically laid around sections of the map to catch wildlife to tame. No unicorns but I have caught some giant thrips and a turkey. Which I will try taming and see what happens whilst waiting to catch some unicorns. I want some unicorn steak for my dorfs to wash down with their sunshine!
You can't tame unicorns without modifying the raws.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 1419 1420 [1421] 1422 1423 ... 3838