Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1408 1409 [1410] 1411 1412 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120143 times)

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21135 on: March 24, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »

Bembul Cattenmothdast, Stoneworker withdraws from society...
Bembul Cattenmothdast has claimed a craftdworf's Workshop.
Bembul Cattenmothdast has begun a mysterious construction!
Bembul Cattenmothdast has created Tostcustith Oshur Kastol, a siltstone mug!
Bembul Cattenmothdast has become a engraver.

^^ All immediately after migrating to my fort, within 30 seconds he had gone into a mood and become a legendary engraver!

(The engraving was about a evil hydra who slaughtered Ushit Admiredpaddles a dwarf way back in prehistory.)
I voted for BANANA!

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21136 on: March 24, 2012, 10:38:55 pm »

I'm trying to dig through an aquifer using a 4x4 shaft.
My original miner vanished into the pit when winter hit and the lower level flash froze.

Since then, I've forged a new pick, and got 8 of the 12 walls built, but time is starting to run down towards winter.
Now that I've only got room for one pump at a time it is getting quite tricky to build more walls, and I haven't made any progress in the last 4 months.

The bottom of this shaft is a thick slurry of mud, blood and ice.

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21137 on: March 24, 2012, 10:48:20 pm »

Shrubland/mountain embark encompassing all three alignments, all savage.  The Terrifying side with the zombie dust is the mountain on the other side of the brook from where I've started, which is a Joyous Wilds biome.

I'm in my second spring now and just survived an unicorn thrall attack.  I'd just gathered a heavily armoured squad before to take them out and all but one of them died.  And all with just three thralls. At least they killed the unicorns and it's raining out.  Apparently, successfully killing three thralls with a full squad is a lucky outcome.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21138 on: March 24, 2012, 11:00:54 pm »

I'm stuck in an endless tantrum spiral, aided by goblins and numerous ghosts.
[Signature]

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21139 on: March 25, 2012, 12:17:14 am »

Oh my god

I am getting so fucking sick

OF ALL THIS MOTHERFUCKING SILTSTONE
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21140 on: March 25, 2012, 12:35:08 am »

I was honestly expecting a snakes on a plane style joke right there.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21141 on: March 25, 2012, 12:38:21 am »

I can't believe I missed that!

Anyway, I set up a still. Now I don't have to worry about beer, but I need to make a kitchen....

Also, I set up bedrooms, but I made them WAY too big (like 6x5 or something).
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21142 on: March 25, 2012, 12:41:36 am »

I can't believe I missed that!

Anyway, I set up a still. Now I don't have to worry about beer, but I need to make a kitchen....

Also, I set up bedrooms, but I made them WAY too big (like 6x5 or something).

Jam the beds in 2 at a time or something then.

luisedgm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21143 on: March 25, 2012, 12:43:46 am »

Finishing the puzzle room, with a reward room filled with artifacts for adventurers.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21144 on: March 25, 2012, 12:51:38 am »

How far down is Magma usually?

I'm considering spurning smelting with fuel and just getting magma and making a lava forge.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21145 on: March 25, 2012, 12:55:57 am »

unfortunatly it's variable, but usually over a hundred z-levels down. And it can be a bitch to pump upwards, as pumps may decide they feel like melting from time to time if they aren't fully magmasafe.

I tend to gen worlds with an excess of volcanos and got a great one: It was essentially a literal pool of magma cause it had no cone. That fortress I had to mod in gold/silver armo cause that was almost all I had. That place ran almost exclusivly on bling of war....

But at least fuel making can keep the dwarves busy and help piss the elves off if you're using trees.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21146 on: March 25, 2012, 12:58:11 am »

Well, I can't find any fuel at all. All I see in this mountain is siltstone, microcline, and useless jems and shit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21147 on: March 25, 2012, 01:30:23 am »

If you have any trees those will have to be the fuel.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21148 on: March 25, 2012, 02:16:00 am »

Lots of activity going on in this fort. 2were-beast attacks, one xformed a baby into the infamous were-ass hur hur and she killed her own father... then had a bolt stuck right in her head. Hang in there baby... also i breached a cavern i had not seen before trying to dig a well, and well wouldnt you know it, a damn FB shows up out of nowhere and it knows its way up. Killed my entire military (3 copper armored dorfs and 3 copper armored xman), had to eventually rely on useless ppl from the fort who had pickaxes, so not only is this bad enough but a giant olm comes in and distracts everyone. All in all, i came out of it with only 15 or so lost out of the 76 i had, a migrant group just showed up and im still alive.. Hang in there baby!

Also I wanted to add that it seems dorfs WILL stand on suspended walls/floors as of 34.06 just wanna put that out there
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21149 on: March 25, 2012, 05:07:42 am »

FInally got around to killing those bug-people. It was a fittingly spectacular mess when the whole group came splattering to the ground.

They fell far enough to explode, somall those small bits are of course various limbs and guts.

FPS went up considerably.
Pages: 1 ... 1408 1409 [1410] 1411 1412 ... 3842