Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124173 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21090 on: March 24, 2012, 09:50:10 am »

Mmm....... Delicious golden syrup.... Oh wait you were talking about the guy weren't you?

prim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21091 on: March 24, 2012, 10:00:02 am »

my dwarves keep trying to drink from my inhouse waterfall, spamming me with "Dwarf Cancels drink: water source vanished". I have my water source zone set as outside - what gives?
I'm wondering what the hell the neighboring necromancer was thinking when he named his stupid slab "Droolsluts the Anuses of Piss".

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21092 on: March 24, 2012, 10:02:08 am »

Mmm....... Delicious golden syrup.... Oh wait you were talking about the guy weren't you?
At the rate my dwarves get eaten, there is little distinction.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21093 on: March 24, 2012, 10:03:38 am »

In other news, a mason of mine has just completed Inolmegid, Yellowslides, a lignite statue of Esmmi Snugglehop the roc.

MANDATE: burning roc statues in dining room. 1/1

my dwarves keep trying to drink from my inhouse waterfall, spamming me with "Dwarf Cancels drink: water source vanished". I have my water source zone set as outside - what gives?

*sigh* just wait till they decide its a good place to clean themselves...

prim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21094 on: March 24, 2012, 10:07:04 am »

i'm reading the forum while dwarf fortress runs in the background.

apparently necromancers raising the dead which proceed to rape my fort dont give any announcements. oh well next fort
I'm wondering what the hell the neighboring necromancer was thinking when he named his stupid slab "Droolsluts the Anuses of Piss".

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21095 on: March 24, 2012, 10:13:54 am »

Apparently I shouldn't play dwarf fortress while tired from lack of sleep (but hey, new version, I had to try it!)... I'm currently fighting a tantrum spiral, waiting to see if it peters out or if I lose my fortress and restart.

See, I lost a few dwarves who were connected to others due to capybara (man I hate those things ><) and alligators, and one to a strange mood that I couldn't get him the specific type of cloth he wanted in time (it was right at the end of my first year, I haven't breached the bloody caverns yet or got a clothmaking industry going, grrr).

That kicked it off, and it didn't help that I apparently somehow managed to a) turn the brewing job off for my dedicated brewer (okay, that one was me trying to get him to go process some plant fiber thread, hoping that might help, I just forgot to turn it back on), and b) accidentally turned off "gather food" from the orders menu.

So basically on top of a bunch of people dying and all, I had less food, very little booze to appease my dwarves, and a bunch of meat constantly rotting in the butcher shops (I wondered why they weren't collecting it, thought somehow they got overwhelmed with tasks) causing clouds of miasma. Lovely!

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21096 on: March 24, 2012, 10:32:58 am »

Hi!

Well, with the arrival of 0.34.01, I initially started adventure mode for a change after a long DF abstinence. But now, with clothes back in, there is no more avoiding fortress mode.

Anyhow, my current fortress will probably be abandoned somewhat early, as I got a rather uninteresting group of starting dwarves with only 2 female dwarves with not quite the right personalities (T_T).

On the other hand, I have already seen a lot of silliness in my engravings - the symbol of my civ are squid men O.o . I had an engraving of a book named "Untitled" and I just got another one called "At One  With The Dwarf" ...

Well, let's see how far things will go with them.

Yours,
Deathworks

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21097 on: March 24, 2012, 10:52:59 am »

With my Jeweler's workshop set up, I have some bitching cut citrine, pink jade, and red tourmaline.

....So what can I do with this stuff?
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21098 on: March 24, 2012, 11:27:27 am »

Sell it, or slap it on some furniture or something.

(As an update, the spiral seems to be petering out *knocks on wood* and I just finally got in a new wave of migrants, so....we'll see how this goes!)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21099 on: March 24, 2012, 11:43:59 am »

Training animals in an untamed wilds area, what can go wrong?

nothing, actually. trips woman, badger man, louse man.... not really trainable. Oh, and a skunk. I now have a tame skunk.

removing some animal men raws, it's getting a bit annoying
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21100 on: March 24, 2012, 11:47:39 am »

Training animals in an untamed wilds area, what can go wrong?

nothing, actually. trips woman, badger man, louse man.... not really trainable. Oh, and a skunk. I now have a tame skunk.

removing some animal men raws, it's getting a bit annoying
I heard removing animalmen makes worldgen fail somehow.
Just put this at the end of their entry:
[SELET_MATERIAL:ALL]
[HEATDAM_POINT:0]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[COLDDAM_POINT:1000000]

or something like that.
they'll instantly evaporate, without any smoke. (at least, thats what i hope)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

daggerbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daggerbite
« Reply #21101 on: March 24, 2012, 11:52:49 am »

Had a few dwarves die of thirst for an unknown reason (that I can see anyway).

Caused a few tantrums. During one tantrum a dwarf decided to throw an empty barrel at another, hitting him in the face and killing him. I'm calling this The Thirsty Booze Barney of 255.

(I like this dwarf! He's certainly made his way onto the shortlist for a hammer squad!!)

Welcome to Daggerbite, a lovely place where we murder and eat magpies.
Killing minotaurs, forgotten beasts and giant cave spiders is all in a days work

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21102 on: March 24, 2012, 12:32:57 pm »

Why so many babies?

My importantly, why so many babies within a day of each other?

Is there some kind of Dwarven love-fest I'm really missing out on, that's resulting in synchronized birthing?

Whatever, every new immigrant or grown-up is getting a spear or pick, and some leather armor.
I just got to make a whole lot of spears, picks, and leather armor.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21103 on: March 24, 2012, 01:35:33 pm »

One of my Dwarves say in their profile "He is a dubious worshipper of Reg and a worshipper of Reg".

What
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21104 on: March 24, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »

You might have two gods with the same name.
Pages: 1 ... 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 ... 3842